Whisenhunt says it isn't personal

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Roethlisberger would have a few things to say about Whis not doing things for "personal" reasons.

But this is Matt Leinart we're talking about. The colossal bust from USC who is afraid of throwing the ball downfield and so ends up with good stats and little first downs. Noone will really be mad at the coach including the players aside from Leinart fans

Last edited:

freebyrd

Reaction score
I'll give you $12.86 million reasons this is happening.
is matt due a roster bonus this year? is the front office up to it old ways? will matt and pete be reunited?
stay tuned
stupid cardinals

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So step up and elighten with what the 'real apparent reason is" don't just take a shot and scurry off. You really have no better understanding of it than us other "fans". It is apparent that Whis says one thing and does another with some of the vets. This was handled poorly no matter how it is sliced. Just step up and say Matt you have had your shot and we feel you are not the guy for us. Don't lie to him all offseason and pull this weak crap.

If you took the time to read the board and especially this thread starting with my post at #5 you will see that I have explained myself in detail.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/coach-whis-on-doug-and-wolf-this-morning-156550.html

BTW your whole last sentence is bunk IMO.

Last edited:

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
Lets put it this way winning cures all and if Whiz comes out and wins no matter who the QB is all will be for gotten If he goes with either one and loses specially in the case of DA people will call for his head since most believe Matt deserves a chance and has out played DA. So we can all argue for hours on end about this topic but thats the bottom line Wins and Loses thats it. For now Whiz gets the benefit of the doubt because he has won as soon as he starts losing that will no longer be the case.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I'm happy, I read the whole read and it is an explanation to Matt, Matt ended it with class. I feel comfortable with it even if I don't like it. there is an open door Matt can go talk it out.

after reading it I got the feeling Whiz was waiting for this response, welcoming it.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So step up and elighten with what the 'real apparent reason is" don't just take a shot and scurry off. You really have no better understanding of it than us other "fans". It is apparent that Whis says one thing and does another with some of the vets. This was handled poorly no matter how it is sliced. Just step up and say Matt you have had your shot and we feel you are not the guy for us. Don't lie to him all offseason and pull this weak crap.

I agree strongly with this. If I wanted politics I would just read the first section of my newspaper. As I stated in another post this has been set in place since before training camp even began. Show me another QB on another team that has gone from being the starter at the beginnning of camp to only 4 weeks later being seen as a possible final cut from the team. Doesn't this strike anyone as being ridiculus.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy, I read the whole read and it is an explanation to Matt, Matt ended it with class. I feel comfortable with it even if I don't like it. there is an open door Matt can go talk it out.

after reading it I got the feeling Whiz was waiting for this response, welcoming it.

It wasn't Matt that made the change..........

For a coach to claim an 'open door policy' and then make a change to policy without sitting down with the player he named starter before making a change is bush league.

WAllyworld

Reaction score
Look, the coach all offseason said the same things. Matts time to run this team. Matt has worked hard and it is his team to Qb. Matt has waited his turn and that turn is now. Then after 3 weeks of training camp and 13 Preseason passes he turns on him for no apparent reason to fans and gives his job to a suspect DA. Matt comes out and has an impressive showing on Sunday and it is more about intangebles and chemistry and not how you play. BS. This reaks and the smell is coming from the front office and Whis's office. People want to give this coach the in WHis we trust BS. Haley and our star players made this offense go once Whis gave up screwing up the play calling. Warner constantly changed the play last year. Warner beat Matt out plain and simple. Matt has been our best Qb in camp and should be starting but the HC thinks there should be more intangibles and chemistry. Once the season starts the chemistry begins. Preseason is to work on things timing, route running, positioning. They did that and now Whis thinks there should be something more. He is an idiot on this one.

You must be Matt's girlfriend.

WAllyworld

Reaction score

The proper response was not Matt running to the media and claiming " I outplayed the competition".

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who saw Whiz say this see his tongue in his cheek?

I hope so. It would be interesting if you had your pronouns mixed up.......

not that there is anything wrong with that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The proper response was not Matt running to the media and claiming " I outplayed the competition".

Matt didn't 'run to the media.' He didn't seek it out like T.O working out in his driveway.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wasn't Matt that made the change..........

For a coach to claim an 'open door policy' and then make a change to policy without sitting down with the player he named starter before making a change is bush league.

I agree. Who stole Ken Whisenhunt? And where is he?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently that is exactly what he did.

That's not what I understand. I'll need to see some proof of this one. Were the media at his proverbial house? Or were they waiting to speak to him like reporters and media are nearly every day?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Apparently that is exactly what he did.

Not in the least. He was told he was 'the guy', his coach kept having his back and saying everything was all right, and then apparently yanked the carpet out from under him without telling him why. They just now finally had a sit down to talk it out. Why in the hell didn't Whis call him in to let him know what all in the heck was going on? Don't give me the 'open door policy' crap. Whis is the coach and Leinart is the player, and the burden of the situation certainly falls on the coach.

So, you know, if you feel like you're getting completely railroaded by your coach, who won't call you in to tell you the what and the why of the situation, going to the media isn't the worst thing in the world. It certainly isn't simply 'running to the media'.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's not what I understand. I'll need to see some proof of this one. Were the media at his proverbial house? Or were they waiting to speak to him like reporters and media are nearly every day?
Gayle Jansen (Fox 10) said that he was walking away after practice. Away from the reporters. Then he stopped, turned around and approached the reporters and started talking.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gayle Jansen (Fox 10) said that he was walking away after practice. Away from the reporters. Then he stopped, turned around and approached the reporters and started talking.

Yup.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interesting....

I don't know if that is actively seeking the reporters but it could be definitely perceived as so.

Both parties it seems are doing a lot of talking through the media. Disappointing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting....

I don't know if that is actively seeking the reporters but it could be definitely perceived as so.

Both parties it seems are doing a lot of talking through the media. Disappointing.

??? Many people here are ripping Whiz for not explaining this publicly. Has anyone seen Ken walking away and then change directions to the nearest reporter to take a shot or two at Leinart?

Steve

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
??? Many people here are ripping Whiz for not explaining this publicly. Has anyone seen Ken walking away and then change directions to the nearest reporter to take a shot or two at Leinart?

Steve

No, he isn't talking to the media in the same manner, but he is talking to reporters, doing the talk show circuit etc. Don't say that Whisenhunt is using the media to discuss the situation.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he isn't talking to the media in the same manner, but he is talking to reporters, doing the talk show circuit etc. Don't say that Whisenhunt is using the media to discuss the situation.

It's part of his job to address the media. When asked about the QB situation though he has remained typically circumspect. He's spoken in generalities and danced around the issue to the best of his ability. He could easily have met Matt's "I outplayed the competition and wasn't even given a reason for my demotion" with "he stunk the place up and I told the idiot time and again to go through his reads and stop taking the drive killing checkdown pass".

I'm not saying Matt has been horrible in how he's dealt with this but he has been a little chicken sh** IMO. Claiming he hasn't been given a reason for his demotion, whining that he wasn't told it was an open competition and demanding an explanation from the coach THROUGH the media is quite a bit different from the way the coach has handled things.

Steve

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's part of his job to address the media. When asked about the QB situation though he has remained typically circumspect. He's spoken in generalities and danced around the issue to the best of his ability. He could easily have met Matt's "I outplayed the competition and wasn't even given a reason for my demotion" with "he stunk the place up and I told the idiot time and again to go through his reads and stop taking the drive killing checkdown pass".

I'm not saying Matt has been horrible in how he's dealt with this but he has been a little chicken sh** IMO. Claiming he hasn't been given a reason for his demotion, whining that he wasn't told it was an open competition and demanding an explanation from the coach THROUGH the media is quite a bit different from the way the coach has handled things.

Steve

:thumbup:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You all can bash Matt all you want, if this was happening to any of you and you had access to the media, the great majority of you would crack and say something.

I think it was a mistake but it wasn't like you couldn't see it comming, eventually on any given day, most people in the same situation will start talking, happens all the time and to say he ran to the media, well that's over the top IMO.

Don't act like Matt was way out of bounds here, for the NFL what he did was tame, I can imagine much larger and more colorful blowups than simply expressing exasperation finally in the media.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard