Where is Dan Williams?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does his under 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's or his 5.6 YPA give you that impression? :shrug:

He is a rookie starting at QB, throwing to nobodies, and one that joined the team 4 days before the season started.

He's completing at nearly 60%. 2 of his picks were late game heaves against us. That was also the lowest YPA. He's 6+ in the next two games. He's calm, controlled and able to make crucial plays (as in the TD against us). QB rating of 86 and 78 in the last two games.

Steve Breaston is the reason why DA is 2-1 and Bradford is not.

It's pretty damn clear the guy is good, and isn't remotely "lousy."

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a rookie starting at QB, throwing to nobodies, and one that joined the team 4 days before the season started.

He's completing at nearly 60%. 2 of his picks were late game heaves against us. That was also the lowest YPA. He's 6+ in the next two games. He's calm, controlled and able to make crucial plays (as in the TD against us). QB rating of 86 and 78 in the last two games.

This. My family and freinds in St Louis are thrilled with him. As is the media. Off to a pretty good start all things considered. I was at the game in St Lou and was very impressed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does his under 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's or his 5.6 YPA give you that impression? :shrug:

To be fair, his #1 WR is injured, his new #1 signed a few weeks ago. He's not in a very good situation. I thought he was way overhyped but so far I'm impressed.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Dan Williams is the guy with the huge butt wearing #92 and is lined up right in front of the center.

He's kind of hard to miss.

Right?

And if you can't see him, just listen. Cause once a game he puts a gigantic hit on the opposing RB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Umm where are you getting that he joined the team 4 days before the season started? He has been with the team since the beginning of TC. Signed on July 31st.

http://www.sportsfilter.com/news/15087/sam-bradford-signs-nfls-richest-contract

That's nice that you throw out his crap game as evidence but only use the two that make your case. He only had one "heave up" INT BTW. He was better in the other two game yet far from GREAT. At best he was average to mediocre.

It certainly isn't clear that he is good. It is clear so far that he has potential to be good and that's about it. Good is a complete overstatement. Right now he is simply mediocre. He has shown some flashes and arm strength and some good touch. He shows that he has GREAT ability. But he is far from being good at this point in time.

All that being said I would still take him. :)

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm where are you getting that he joined the team 4 days before the season started? He has been with the team since the beginning of TC. Signed on July 31st.

http://www.sportsfilter.com/news/15087/sam-bradford-signs-nfls-richest-contract

That's nice that you throw out his crap game as evidence but only use the two that make your case. He only had one "heave up" INT BTW. He was better in the other two game yet far from GREAT. At best he was average to mediocre.

Your bad numbers are based on the crap game. And it wasn't even "crap." DA in Atlanta was crap. Shocking that his first NFL game he wasn't lights out! They should cut him. He's lousy. He's only got three games of data, so your stats are going to smooth out over time.

I consider his last two INTs both in that variety...4th and long on the first one, trying to make something happen. Jump ball on the last one. Big whoop.

Nobody said he was GREAT either...the argument was specifically that he isn't lousy and has proved it to the poster. Your underassesment of him being "mediocre" proves the statement that he is lousy to be false. Rookie QBs usually don't look GREAT. Once in a blue moon you will get a Marino who steps in and looks great and wins, and posts a better QB rating in his rookie year than his career rating. That's rare.

Manning, who I consider the best QB of all time, struggled like most QBs in his rookie year throwing more picks than TDs and posting a 71 QB rating on the year. But you could see he had it, and that he wasn't "lousy." Not to say that Bradford is Manning by any stretch but he definitely passes the eye test and you can confidently put him in the "not lousy" category.

It certainly isn't clear that he is good. It is clear so far that he has potential to be good and that's about it. Good is a complete overstatement. Right now he is simply mediocre. He has shown some flashes and arm strength and some good touch. He shows that he has GREAT ability. But he is far from being good at this point in time.

He's already good. He certainly isn't BAD. He's having average performance, and that's good by rookie standards. He is improving week to week, and is getting better. He is CERTAINLY not lousy.

All that being said I would still take him. :)

I'd rather ride or die with Scud Anderson. Of course you'd take him. :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
We all know Whiz isnt going to play him a lot in the first part of the season.

But with Breaston hurt I bet we see Beanie get a lot of looks.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

This. My family and freinds in St Louis are thrilled with him. As is the media. Off to a pretty good start all things considered. I was at the game in St Lou and was very impressed.

To be fair, his #1 WR is injured, his new #1 signed a few weeks ago. He's not in a very good situation. I thought he was way overhyped but so far I'm impressed.

Bradford's going to be legit.

All of these.

Hell he is the best QB in the division RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same games I do. Bradford is going to be pretty damn good and thats been VERY apparent through three games.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of these.

Hell he is the best QB in the division RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same games I do. Bradford is going to be pretty damn good and thats been VERY apparent through three games.

I bet you were saying the same about Matt Leinart after his 3 first games too right?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth be told I was bronzing the life size Leinart statue outside my house after his first three games;)

Ahaa Gotcha. Listen Bradford has loads of potential. But he is FAR from the sure thing everyone is making him out to be. He could regress at any point of get slammed on that surgically repaired shoulder and never be the same etc.. etc..

Wait till NFL DC's actually have some lengthy game film on the guy and start game planning for him etc.. etc..

He has a long way to go to be the PBer and instant great QB you are all saying he is a lock to be.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahaa Gotcha. Listen Bradford has loads of potential. But he is FAR from the sure thing everyone is making him out to be. He could regress at any point of get slammed on that surgically repaired shoulder and never be the same etc.. etc..

Wait till NFL DC's actually have some lengthy game film on the guy and start game planning for him etc.. etc..

He has a long way to go to be the PBer and instant great QB you are all saying he is a lock to be.

I totally agree with you, all I'm saying is that his first 3 games he's been MUCH better than i expected. I thought he was a total product of the system at OU, thought he'd be nowhere near this good.

But you are right NFL DC's will start to make adjustments and then we'll find out how good he really is.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, all I'm saying is that his first 3 games he's been MUCH better than i expected. I thought he was a total product of the system at OU, thought he'd be nowhere near this good.

But you are right NFL DC's will start to make adjustments and then we'll find out how good he really is.

Will they? The Cards DC's haven't been able to make adjustments to stop 4th string RBs in over 15 years.

:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's Big Dan. You can easily see the difference in the defense when he is in the game.

I'm a big advocate of Dan. I can't wait until we don't have to use Robinson anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard