Where is Dan Williams?

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
We passed on QB Clausen to draft the NT run stuffer Dan Williams. The run defense sucks like usual. Where is Dan Williams and why isnt he making an impact?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nobody knows, its hard to tell when hes in the game but from my understanding hes been getting a solid amount of reps alternating with brian robinson. I think Whiz is just making him earn it a little bit and showing robinson the respect he deserves even though hes old. I would say the next time a team rips the cards run D whiz will probably make the change...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clausen sucks.

I thought his first start went well. 3 fumbles, 2 lost, 1 INT, 2 more dropped INT's and he got into a shouting match with his best WR Steve Smith who was complaining Clausen wasn't throwing to him enough. It was funny because at the end of the game Clausen was throwing bullets to Smith on every play like I'll show you I'm going to throw it so hard it breaks your hands. And Smith actually caught a couple of them.

He'll get better of course but you really don't want your star WR to be mad at you, especially Steve Smith.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We passed on QB Clausen to draft the NT run stuffer Dan Williams. The run defense sucks like usual. Where is Dan Williams and why isnt he making an impact?
I have seen him make a few plays out there. That is when he is in.

Whiz is not going to play a rookie as much as we would all like.

Bryan Robinson is the starting NT, and furthermore, NT is not a glamour position. You are looking for an impact out of a position that doesn't give one.

So if you are not paying attention, you will miss what Dan Williams is doing out there.

Williams was a very good pick, much better than wasting another pick on another high QB draft choice, who came from a big college that has prepared him for nothing the NFL is going to show him.

Clausen looked pretty poor last week.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen him make a few plays out there. That is when he is in.

Whiz is not going to play a rookie as much as we would all like.

Bryan Robinson is the starting NT, and furthermore, NT is not a glamour position. You are looking for an impact out of a position that doesn't give one.

So if you are not paying attention, you will miss what Dan Williams is doing out there.

Williams was a very good pick, much better than wasting another pick on another high QB draft choice, who came from a big college that has prepared him for nothing the NFL is going to show him.

Clausen looked pretty poor last week.
This.
fireball.gif

seesred

Reaction score
When he was in this past week he played very well and had one run stuff that was impressive. When he starts he will be a main stay for many years to come!

GBR

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't expect a player like Williams to have flashy stats like Dockett for example. Defensive Tackle or Nose are very difficult positions to master. I saw him double teamed on quite a few plays last week. EVERY time he does that, he did his job.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Williams is creating an impact when he is on the field and his position does not require him to stand out, nor should it.

He needs better conditioning to get more snaps, but he has done very well when in the game.

OP
OP
BigRedMO

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
You say "we passed on Clausen" like that's a bad thing???

We need a real NFL QB. It is WAY too early to judge Clausen. The jury was in on Anderson in Cleveland. Only Bidwill jumps up and down in excitement when we sign Cleveland's trash.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't expect a player like Williams to have flashy stats like Dockett for example. Defensive Tackle or Nose are very difficult positions to master. I saw him double teamed on quite a few plays last week. EVERY time he does that, he did his job.

Exactly. He causes teams to account for him, Robinson doesn't.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs better conditioning to get more snaps, but he has done very well when in the game.

We are heading into week four of the season. He has been through all of training camp minus like 2 practices. If he is still having issues with conditioning there is a problem IMO. A big problem. He shouldn't be winded after 2 or 3 plays like K9 stated he saw during the game.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a real NFL QB. It is WAY too early to judge Clausen. The jury was in on Anderson in Cleveland. Only Bidwill jumps up and down in excitement when we sign Cleveland's trash.

I have no problem judging Clausen right now. I think he's going to be lousy. Actually, i thought the entire draft class of QBs was pretty miserable, although Bradford is proving me wrong. I think Skelton and Hall have as much potential as McCoy and Clausen with a lot less risk.

As for Williams, he has done his job when he's gotten in there. He's going to be fine. If he was being inactivated instead of Watson, then there could be cause for concern.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are heading into week four of the season. He has been through all of training camp minus like 2 practices. If he is still having issues with conditioning there is a problem IMO. A big problem. He shouldn't be winded after 2 or 3 plays like K9 stated he saw during the game.

I think it's adrenalin, not a lack of conditioning. Lott would be all over his ass and he would be on the bench if he wasn't hitting his workout goals.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very odd as Williams played a ton at Tennessee. Not sure why he would get tired easily now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's adrenalin, not a lack of conditioning. Lott would be all over his ass and he would be on the bench if he wasn't hitting his workout goals.

Was wondering that too, he seems to be too hyped up maybe. You'd think after playing in college in front of huge crowds that wouldn't be an issue but in college at his size you can just coast on plays if you're tired, in the NFL you do that and everyone sees.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he's obviously not lousy? :shrug:

Does his under 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's or his 5.6 YPA give you that impression? :shrug:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedMO

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Yet its not to early to judge Williams???

I am not writing Williams off but I am wondering why he isnt seeming to make a difference. Did I say he should be cut? Clausen is making an impact not positive yet but we know he is playing. I have to remind myself who the Cards number one pick is each Sunday.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan Williams is the guy with the huge butt wearing #92 and is lined up right in front of the center.

He's kind of hard to miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard