Where are your new seats?

AZCardDieHard

Reaction score
Scott MS said:
106, Row 22

I went today at 3:00 p.m. and 107-110 were sold out. 106 and 111 are about 1/2 sold with the aisle near the 30 mostly sold out.

I went right before you at 2:40. It really pissed me off. I have been in section 30, row 33 seats 1 and 2 for the past five years, that is equivalent to section 129, 130 and nothing to be had. After five years of putting up with the sorry a$$ visiting fans I don’t get any love from the cards. They should have also had same seat priority along with years of holding tickets. Scalpers could have been buying cheap seats since 1988 and moved to the middle to really rake in the cash from the out of town fans, average out of town fan sitting next to me was paying 250 a game. I did move to section 126, row 1, seat 11, 12. Hopefully after the first game the seats will be so good, all the action in that end zone, that I will forget about this.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
AZCardDieHard said:
I went right before you at 2:40. It really pissed me off. I have been in section 30, row 33 seats 1 and 2 for the past five years, that is equivalent to section 129, 130 and nothing to be had. After five years of putting up with the sorry a$$ visiting fans I don’t get any love from the cards. They should have also had same seat priority along with years of holding tickets. Scalpers could have been buying cheap seats since 1988 and moved to the middle to really rake in the cash from the out of town fans, average out of town fan sitting next to me was paying 250 a game. I did move to section 126, row 1, seat 11, 12. Hopefully after the first game the seats will be so good, all the action in that end zone, that I will forget about this.

I think the problem is that in Sun Devil Stadium any season ticket holder with about 4-5 years seniority could sit on the 50 yard line on the visiting side -- in the sun. Most people moved to the West side of the stadium, leaving the East sunny side for all the out of town fans who didn't know any better. I spent my first year in 1999 sitting on the East side and have been on the West ever since.

In the new stadium, though, the sun shouldn't be a factor so seats are being selected almost evenly on either side of the field. During the hot games, the roof will be closed and the A/C on so it doesn't matter as much. Plus, due to the construction of the stadium and the narrow roof opening, in the later months, once the sun starts to go down past 3:00 p.m., just about the entire stadium will be in the shade, even if the roof its open.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but which of us should have to give up our seats ?

It seems to me that seniority process is fair. I used to have seats in section 6 on the Cardianls side. I could equally well be ticked that I couldn't get those and for an instant I was.

However after thinking about it i, how else could they have done it ? Whatever they do somebody is going to get ticked off, if not you then somebody else.

This is at least fair.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt to many scalpers are buying up season tickets. That would mean they have been seasin ticket holders for years.

Wouldn't have made much cash like that

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
nidan said:
I doubt to many scalpers are buying up season tickets. That would mean they have been seasin ticket holders for years.

Wouldn't have made much cash like that
Some agencies have owned dozens of seats for years - they make enough profit off the GreenBay, Bears, Giants etc fans.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok but I douby that is what causes problems for folks getting seats.

It's just senority

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
nidan said:
Ok but I douby that is what causes problems for folks getting seats.

It's just senority

A lot of people who had purchased higher priced seats were upset that people who bought cheaper seats could take their place just because they had them longer. Again in my opinion the Cards should have offered you seats as similar to the ones you had at SDS as possible. If you wanted to upgrade you could do so after eveyone had renewed.

The problem with the seniority deal is that people who sat on the east side at SDS are being displaced by people moving down from the loge and the west side upper deck. The Cards also messed up by not taking into consideration how many people wanted to sit together. Many people developed a comaradere over the years sitting in the same section. Because of their worst priority deal the Cards split up many of those fans.

If you don't think scalpers owned most of the seats on the east side then you are naive. Very few Cardinal fans had season tickets on the east side sidelines yet every year the Cards had those seats marked as sold out and every game fans for whichever team we were playing would be in those seats. Seahawks fans one week, Rams fans the next followed by Packers fans at the next home game. The only way that could happen is that those seats were owned by broker/scalpers.

The thing that puzzles me though is that the Cards had less than 25,000 season ticket holders for 2003 yet they appear to have sold far more than that and they are still a week away from appts for people who have had tix since then.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
There are ticket agencies as well as corporations who own seats as Cardinals season ticket holders. That is a fact. Corporations are often just as bad because we had one company (to go unnamed) who sat in the four seats in front of us. They basically gave the tickets to the employee who was the opposing team fan of the week -- the rams fan, seahawks fan, etc. The employees asked for the tickets to see their favorite team, which was generally the Cardinals opponent that week.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duck I understand the frustration.

My point was that what ever algorithim you use, somebody will get PO'd or feel lilke they got the short straw. It just isn't possible to please everyone.

At least the plan they used was reasonable, I'm not convinved what you suggested is practical anyway as this stadium is laid out differently.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nidan said:
Duck I understand the frustration.

My point was that what ever algorithim you use, somebody will get PO'd or feel lilke they got the short straw. It just isn't possible to please everyone.

At least the plan they used was reasonable, I'm not convinved what you suggested is practical anyway as this stadium is laid out differently.

I agree, Nidan.

Of all the methods they could use, season ticket seniority should take 1st priority over seat location and how much you paid. I have zero problem if people that sat for 15 years in the George Foreman Grill known as SDS watching pathetic football get first dibs at upgrading their seats.

Plus the way they did it is very fair. They can not buy additional tickets the first time around. But, yeah, I completely understand how people feel they are getting screwed. It would happen under any way they did it.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Got my seats yesterday.

I got a first row in the Ring of Honor just off the corner of the endzone.

In talking to the agent, he said about 12,000 seats are sold as of yesterday.

there were still a couple of front-row seats in the endzone available...but I decided to move up for a better over-all field view.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redheart said:
there were still a couple of front-row seats in the endzone available...but I decided to move up for a better over-all field view.

I hope these last until Friday at 8:00 am.

A-Bomb

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Redheart said:
I got a first row in the Ring of Honor just off the corner of the endzone.

In talking to the agent, he said about 12,000 seats are sold as of yesterday.

Redheart how about the details? Section & Seat numbers? Is it row 1 or row A?

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Sorry...

SunCityCarl said:
Redheart how about the details? Section & Seat numbers? Is it row 1 or row A?

I should have thought of you...

Section 438, Row A, seats 5-6.

:D

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
nidan said:
12,000 how can that be ?

Is the upper deck empty ?

I am not sure why that sounds like less than what you might expect. I tried to get my sales representative to show me several areas, but I could tell he was starting to run out of patience...:rolleyes:

I saw a lot of 1st row and aisle seat wer taken in most sections, and if they were between the 20 yard-lines the interior of the sections were filling, beyond that, there was LOTS of good seats left. I could have got seat closer to midfield easily if I didn't hold out for the first row.

Why do I like the first row? I guess I don't like having to stand up to see unless I want to stand up to cheer!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best I could do lst friday was section 128 and it sounds like by now just about everything between the 30's lower deck is gone.

But this stadium holds 65k [or thereabouts], so either the top deck is not filling up along with the lower deck or that estimate is off.

If the top deck is similarly full, then I would expect at least 50% of the seats to be gone.

I was looking to get some feedback from anybody who was bought on the top deck.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
nidan said:
The best I could do lst friday was section 128 and it sounds like by now just about everything between the 30's lower deck is gone.

But this stadium holds 65k [or thereabouts], so either the top deck is not filling up along with the lower deck or that estimate is off.

If the top deck is similarly full, then I would expect at least 50% of the seats to be gone.

I was looking to get some feedback from anybody who was bought on the top deck.

There were only 17,000 season tickets sold in 2003 so that is the max that they could have sold by now and since they are just getting to the end of 1990's the figure should be less than that so about 12,000 to date would seem right on the money. There was a huge increase in ticket sales in '04 and '05 but those folks don't pick until late next week. People with early selections are as would be expected buying mostly prime seats and ignoring the rest.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33907&highlight=Season+Tickets

cards 24-7-365

Registered
Reaction score
nidan said:
12,000 how can that be ?

Is the upper deck empty ?

I got mine yesterday over the phone, it took about 5 minutes. I had preselected the potential sections based on price and the fact that I like the upper deck - where in my opinion, you can see the whole play develop.

Ended up with sect. 441, row 2, seats 15&16. Seemed like all the first row seats in 441, 446, 410, or 415 were taken. I can no wait for opening day 2006!

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Redheart said:
I should have thought of you...

Section 438, Row A, seats 5-6.

:D

No problem Red!! We now have 30 of us on the Season Ticket Roster with 77 seats approx. New Stat ASFN'ers in same sections...

105 = BigRedMachine & mrsopi
106 = Bobcat & Scott MS
107 = az240zz & Krepitch
109 = Reddog & Bigredjane
111 = Lex, Lloydian & ajcardfan
128 = Brighteyes, nidan & pinnacle
218 = 40yearfan & Derm

Last edited:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not happy with how my seat selection went at all. I don't want to rain on the parade. All I'm saying is those cup holders better be extra sweet.

:mad::mad:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
I'm not happy with how my seat selection went at all. I don't want to rain on the parade. All I'm saying is those cup holders better be extra sweet.

:mad::mad:

What specifically are you upset about? D-Dogg and I go in tomorrow morning at 8a.

A-Bomb

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
abomb said:
What specifically are you upset about? D-Dogg and I go in tomorrow morning at 8a.

A-Bomb

If you need 3 seats....and want to sit in row 2 or 3 you are hosed.

There were all sorts of sets of 4.....but they wouldn't sell us 3 out of those 4, because they didn't want to leave an open seat.

So it was either sit up in row 8 or 9 (which is double back where I was at SDS), or get rid of the 3rd seat. Sadly, the 3rd seat is history.