What's your favorite computer/video game(s) ever?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must admit that I havent had my own video game system since '93 when I had the Sega Genesis, but I lost interest in video games at that time.... I also had an Atari 800 (or 400), Nintendo, and Turbo Graphics 16 (immediately returned it once I discovered it was just 8-bit).....

I was quite the "video game junkie" back then....Spent several hours a day playing game after game after game...yada yada yada...

My favorite games on Atari was Pole Position, Spy Hunter, Centipede, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Agent USA, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Pitstop, Pitfall, etc.. I could spend countless hours naming off others, but those are the ones that immediately came to mind with that system...

Nintendo.... Mike Tyson's Punch-out, Ice Hockey, T&C Surf Designs, Double Dribble, Blades of Steel, Baseball Stars, (yeah was heavily into the sports games as one can tell and had many more).... Golgo-13, Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario, Renegade, Breakthru, Metal Gear, etc....

Sega Genesis....Bulls vs. Lakers, Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Hardball, Sonic the Hedgehog, Desert Strike..etc...

I could list several more, but now it's your turn........

Oh yeah, who can possibly forget Pong?

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For some reason, I used to love the Atari version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I could never get out of the damn Well of Souls though!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Favorite 80s/90s Video Games?

Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
Nintendo.... Mike Tyson's Punch-out,

One of my all time favorite games!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atari 2600:

River Raid, Solaris, Adventure, Enduro....

I just got an Atari 2600 a few months back, and bought a bunch of games on Ebay for cheap...it's been a blast to play it again.

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Legend of Zelda...NES

I remember I got this game when the NES came out in '85....it is still one of the coolest games ever

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked Mario Kart for SNES.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Atari - Centipede, Space Invaders
Intellivision - Tron, Baseball
NES - Castlevania, Contra (still remember the code for 40 lives), Ninja Gaiden
Sega Genesis - Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl, Splatterhouse 3, Joe Montana's QB Football

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old (original) Atari: Adventure
Nintendo: Super Punchout or Tecmobowl
Sega Genesis: EA Sports Hockey

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Where do I start?

NES Sports - Tecmo & Super Tecmo Bowl, Baseball Stars (anyone who says Bases Loaded is on crystal meth), Double Dribble, Blades of Steel, Excitebike, California Games, Punch Out, Super Dodgeball

NES Other - Spy Hunter, Mario I & III (once got laid because a girl bet me I couldn't beat Mario I without dying), Jaws (very underrated), Double Dragon II, Contra, Rad Racer

I'm sure I'm forgetting some classics. Fantasy people - don't get pissed off at my exclusion of Zelda and Castlevania. I was and still am not that into those kind of games. More of a sports guy.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I loved NHL 97 or was it 95 on Sega

You could go after a guy and break his leg.

Then in one of the first years of Madden you could tackle somebody after the play and injure them....I remember I took out Dan Marino and he was gone for the season and my roomate looked like he was going to cry

I loved Baseball All Stars because you could win and buy better stats for your players. One time I knocked the **** out of my brother because he dropped the cartrage and erased my entire team....took me like 9 months to build. The music on Baseball All Stars was horrible...it played over and over and over....I almost went on a 4 state killing spree one summer

Last edited:

DbaxJ

I was lost but now I'm found
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I almost went on a 4 state killing spree one summer

Now that I just CANT believe!!:p

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I liked it when you checked Gretzky in NHL Hockey and his head bled. It was money, baby.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could go on forever :)

How about Ninja Gaiden, Strider (NES version), Double Dragon (NES), Sonic the Hedgehog, Hi-Octane (Playstation)...

I could go on for hours. I still have an Atari 5200 up in the closet!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ZORK!! How could I forget. I used to have an old Apple IIe, and I had Zork I, II, III, and Beyond Zork. Fun, fun games.

"It is pitch black, you are about to be eaten by a Grue"

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
Mario I & III (once got laid because a girl bet me I couldn't beat Mario I without dying)
:thumbup:

No votes for Duckhunt?

GoldenEye for N64

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brandon_Webb
:thumbup:

No votes for Duckhunt?

GoldenEye for N64

We weren't allowed to play duckhunt because my mom said the gun made too much noise.

Did anyone have an NES that had the robot? I think I still have my robot some where. I had the power glove too!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Power Glove :D

Man did that thing suck! I got one for christmas when I was very young. It was terrible!!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Y'all are forgetting the best of the old school consoles.

Colecovision.

Had the best DOnkey Kong of the time, and dont forget BurgerTime and QBert!

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
There were a couple of games I played the heck out of on the old Intellivision..."Utopia" was one of them, and the other was a space-shooter where you had to position your fighters to defend against the alien fleets...the name of it escapes me right now...

Then of course, there was Tecmo Super Bowl, Super Metroid, Zelda, Final Fantasy III (which I finished in one sitting!) and now Medal of Honor and Battlefield 1942.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Ryanwb
II loved Baseball All Stars because you could win and buy better stats for your players. One time I knocked the **** out of my brother because he dropped the cartrage and erased my entire team....took me like 9 months to build. The music on Baseball All Stars was horrible...it played over and over and over....I almost went on a 4 state killing spree one summer

Baseball All Stars was awesome.

Me, my bro, & a friend played it alot one summer. The one thing that sucked was that the winning team was the only one to get $$$ - so it was a catch 22 - once you got on a winning streak - you were tough to beat.

My team was the green one that looked like the A's. My players were all Viking names.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
A friend of mine had Odyssey gaming system - KC Munchkin was a game similar to Pac Man.

Colecovision was cool.

Intellivision was cool too. I beat my cousin in basketball like 188-0. Their sports games were top notch at the time.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
in 1982 I remember playing colecovision while I stayed at my neighbor's house because my brother was being born. I was so excited to get a new little brother....then I played colecovision.

My parents came home and said, "Ryan, meet your little brother"

I was like, "Later, must, finish, game"

I was only like 5 or 6 but I was hooked, thankfully Nintendo came out 3 years later and I haven't left the couch since