What's your favorite computer/video game(s) ever?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was this great game on Sega Genesis called Mutant League Football.

You could bribe the ref so he called BS penalties on the other team.

You could call an audible to go kill the opposing team's QB.

My favorite though was to wire the ball for death and "fumble" it towards the opposing DLine and kill like their top 3 guys.

By the end of the game you would have like your backup QB, 2 oline guys, and maybe a receiver. It was carnage at it's finest.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders

My favorite though was to wire the ball for death and "fumble" it towards the opposing DLine and kill like their top 3 guys.

By the end of the game you would have like your backup QB, 2 oline guys, and maybe a receiver. It was carnage at it's finest.

That game was awesome! Why haven't they done an updated version for one of the new systems!?!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
That game was awesome! Why haven't they done an updated version for one of the new systems!?!

No idea. I think it would be a top seller personally AND you wouldn't have to buy the licensing rights from any NFL team so you could do it cheap.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
Y'all are forgetting the best of the old school consoles.

Colecovision.

Had the best Donkey Kong of the time, and dont forget BurgerTime and QBert!

I have all of those on the Atari 2600. I think Mr. Do might have been by Colecovision also. I always jumped off the back off the Q-Bert pyramid! :D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a ton of arcade games that I loved!! Defender, Stargate, Tempest, Dig Dug (wasn't that good at it) Berserk, Deluxe Asteroids, Carnival (who remembers that?!) Galaga, Gyrus, Tron, Krull, 1942, Phoenix (one of my favorites!), Miner 2049er, and Missile Command. Wow those were some games man!! I remember blowing my whole allowance on those joints!!!

Psycho

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders

That game was gold! :D

Nothing like going down the field on a runaway touchdown only to be blown up by a land mine by your older brother :mad:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
A friend of mine had Odyssey gaming system - KC Munchkin was a game similar to Pac Man.

Colecovision was cool.

Intellivision was cool too. I beat my cousin in basketball like 188-0. Their sports games were top notch at the time.

Holy s*** maddogkf, you just said KC friggin Munchkin!!! I am giving you total props on that one bro!!!!

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember the classic video game Paper Boy? That definitely brings back a lot of memories.....

Edit: Baseball Stars was the best since you were able to create
your own teams and simulate entire seasons.....I would make about 12 teams and have them all play a 162 game season on computer mode......

I loved that "Monster team"....Lord doesnt 8th grade seem like yesterday? :p

Last edited:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Zelda was a great game back in 6th grade. I remember I had an issue of "nintendo power" magazine that had the full map on it with all the secret caves listed. Every kid in my class wanted me to xerox it for them.

I had a game back then also for Nintendo named "Golgo 13" where you were this secret agent that walked around with an m16. There was some hinted sexual escapades and everything - I remember being like 12 and couldn't believe it! A very poor man's James Bond type of game. I could make it to the end boss but could never beat it. It upsets me to this day. :)

Other than that, there was a game named "Pirates Gold!" by Sid Meier that I still think is one of the best games of all time. Infogrammes is supposedly updating it for re-release. Should be awesome!

Who could forget Tetris? That game rocks on nintendo!

Freshman year in the dorms at college we had a Madden 94 tournament. We used to play NBA Live 95 a lot too for Genesis, I think that was the first year it came out.

Brevity

Tryin' to get my lap back
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
and now Medal of Honor and Battlefield 1942.

My wife takes me to one her friends house last night for a dinner party.

After a couple drinks and some small talk the husband takes me to his office and he shows me this Medal of Honor game.

He plays on-line and is obviously very good. He says he has some buddies that play also and they team up sometimes.

Anyway its very cool. I want to get the game, but I would have to play when my kids are sleeping. I don't want to have to explain that daddy is trying kill someone.

bratwurst

Reaction score
I have the original medal of honor but not the expansion pack.

I haven't played it online yet, just the single player part.

Another really cool WW2 game online is Day of Defeat, which if you have half life is just a free download mod.

I think you can also buy it in the store if you don't have half life, for like $20 or something.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Zelda was a great game back in 6th grade. I remember I had an issue of "nintendo power" magazine that had the full map on it with all the secret caves listed. Every kid in my class wanted me to xerox it for them.

I had a game back then also for Nintendo named "Golgo 13" where you were this secret agent that walked around with an m16. There was some hinted sexual escapades and everything - I remember being like 12 and couldn't believe it! A very poor man's James Bond type of game. I could make it to the end boss but could never beat it. It upsets me to this day. :)

Other than that, there was a game named "Pirates Gold!" by Sid Meier that I still think is one of the best games of all time. Infogrammes is supposedly updating it for re-release. Should be awesome!

Who could forget Tetris? That game rocks on nintendo!

Freshman year in the dorms at college we had a Madden 94 tournament. We used to play NBA Live 95 a lot too for Genesis, I think that was the first year it came out.

bratwurst, Golgo 13 WAS the bomb!! Maybe one of the top 3 games I ever played on the NES. Yeah it was a touch risque!;)

bratwurst

Reaction score
Originally posted by phillycard
bratwurst, Golgo 13 WAS the bomb!! Maybe one of the top 3 games I ever played on the NES. Yeah it was a touch risque!;)

Did you ever beat the game? I thought that game rocked, and it never got any accolades. Its hard to find anyone who even knows about it.

Brevity

Tryin' to get my lap back
Reaction score
I have the original medal of honor but not the expansion pack.

Whats the expansion pack? I am not much of a techno geek, but I am trying. :)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever beat the game? I thought that game rocked, and it never got any accolades. Its hard to find anyone who even knows about it.

No!! I never beat it. Got high as hell, but never finished. I played it at a fraternity brother from another school's dorm room. I stayed in his room playing that damn game like for a whole weekend straight. No parties, no ladies (stupid me!) for like two straight days! That game had me hooked!!!

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by phillycard

I totally forgot about Golgo 13...that game was the Shiz-Nit!

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brevity
Whats the expansion pack? I am not much of a techno geek, but I am trying. :)

There are two expansions for "Medal of Honor: Allied Assult" now; "Spearhead" and "Breakthrough".

bratwurst

Reaction score
There was a code to get to the end level in Golgo 13 that was a real bitch to put in, it took two controllers to do it.

I could get there without the code, but you only had 50 or so continues and then the game was over. So I even tried to use the code to get the end and beat it with all the continues, but I still couldn't win.

I think that game was impossible to beat just to screw with kid's heads.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In school I was always a fan of the old school Oregon Trail. With the green visuals.

Tuesday was always "Oregon Trail" day in computers. Oh the memories!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by thirty-two
In school I was always a fan of the old school Oregon Trail. With the green visuals.

Tuesday was always "Oregon Trail" day in computers. Oh the memories!

It always cost too much to heal your family when they got sick. I'd just sprint across the trail and hopefully at least I was alive when we got to Oregon :)

Probably not how they want you to play the game, though :)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
NES - World Cup '90 - that game was great. My best friend and I played that game for years EVERY day at my grandmothers house when we came home from kindergarten or school.

I had that ROM for a NES emulator but I forgot how to do the secret super shots.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How Appropriate.....

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/vgames/articles/012880sgames.html

Turn back the video-game clock to the crazy '80s

2002 Midway Home Entertainment Inc.

Marc Saltzman
Gannett News Service
Jan. 27, 2004 02:50 PM

Video-gamers old enough to remember "Space Invaders," "Defender" or "Asteroids" can take a trip down memory lane with three new budget compilations: "Midway Arcade Treasures," "Intellivision Lives!" and "Atari: 80 Classic Games in One."

Each collection includes dozens of arcade and console classics from the early 1980s, complete with their crude 2-D graphics, silly bleeps and chirps and simple controls.

The following is a brief look at each. All titles are under $20 and are appropriate for players of all ages.

'Midway Arcade Treasures'

(Midway; for Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo GameCube; www.midway.com four stars out of five)

Included are arcade hits such as "Joust," a game that requires players to ride on the back of a flying bird while dueling with enemy creatures, and "Paperboy," where players ride a bike down an obstacle-laden street and throw newspapers to the doors of subscribers.

These and other titles are in Midway's arcade game compilation, now available for all consoles.

Other well-known arcade games on the disc include "SpyHunter," "Defender," "Robotron 2084" and one of the first ever multiplayer arcade games, "Gauntlet."

While all the games look exactly as you remember them from your local arcade, some do not feel quite as good, unfortunately. This is because the arcade versions used specific controllers, such as a trackball for "Rampart" and "Marble Madness." These two titles are more difficult to control with current video game controllers.

Along with the games are bonus sections such as game histories, interviews with the original game makers and other extras.

'Intellivision Lives!'

(Crave Entertainment; for PlayStation 2 and Xbox; www.intellivisionlives.com three and a half stars)

The aptly named "Intellivision Lives!" disc resurrects 60 classic console games from Mattel Electronics' Intellivision platform.

This product drops the player into Hal's Pizza, a 3-D arcade housing machines with different themes such as "sports," "battle" or "kids" games. Each has a unique graphical interface that launches the original Intellivision game, be it "Astrosmash," an intense shoot-em-up space game, "Intellivision Baseball," an entertaining sports simulation, or "Utopia," a smart strategy game.

Each game can be paused to review instructions and controller layout. Some games also let players save their high scores.

Adding to the nostalgia is a jukebox that plays original Intellivision-themed music. Other goodies include video interviews with game designers, a small handful of unreleased games, production history and game credits, a classic Intellivision television commercial, original box art and access to an authentic Intellivision in-store demo cartridge.

'Atari: 80 Classic Games in One'

(Atari; for PC; www.atari.com four stars)

If names such as "Missile Command" or "Super Breakout" strike a sentimental chord with you, then imagine carrying around 80 vintage Atari games on your laptop computer.

This new compilation of old favorites includes 60-odd Atari 2600 titles, including once-popular "Combat" and "Adventure," as well as 18 diversions from the arcade such as "Tempest" and "Crystal Castles."

Even "Pong" is here - the hypnotizing black and white electronic table tennis simulation for one or two players.

One of the most enjoyable titles is "Centipede," an addictive action game where you must shoot down an ever-growing centipede, along with the mushrooms and spiders that surround it.

Pick up an inexpensive game pad - the keyboard just doesn't cut it with many of these titles.

Last edited:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's your favorite computer game(s) ever?

RPG: Balder's Gate II plus add on disk, close second: Planescape Torment
Action: Max Pane II
Adventure Game: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's
Strategy: Starcraft
Sports: don't play on computer....

ehale911

Veteran
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
RPG: Balder's Gate II plus add on disk, close second: Planescape Torment
Action: Max Pane II
Adventure Game: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's
Strategy: Starcraft
Sports: don't play on computer....

I'd day the four games I spent far more time playing than any others were probably Duke Nukem 3d, Warcraft II, Team Fortress Classic (addon for Half Life), and Diablo II.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison