What's your favorite computer/video game(s) ever?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Geezus you guys are young. I spent days playing pong. And when Stargate showed up I ruled the joint.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Geezus you guys are young. I spent days playing pong. And when Stargate showed up I ruled the joint.

Was "Kick-the-Can" ever a video game? :D

Shawn

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:

Defender ruled!

It was so much better after a friend of mine explained to me that you weren't supposed to shoot the people on the ground!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
I am really looking forward to Half-Life 2, I got my system upgraded and ready to play it already!
I'm not really into computer games that much. Doom, Doom2, and Half-life were the only ones that I got into.

LOL - you'll need to upgrade your system again by the time it comes out.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
Was "Kick-the-Can" ever a video game? :D

Shawn

Nah, It was supposed to follow Hide and Seek 2.0 but never made it. :shrug:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
Defender ruled!

It was so much better after a friend of mine explained to me that you weren't supposed to shoot the people on the ground!

We used to do that on the first level, then see how far you could get. That game was cool. I wonder what one would cost to buy?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys think you will be playing video games when you are 50 years old? By the way, what is the best war game out there or one that will be coming out in the near future?

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Do you guys think you will be playing video games when you are 50 years old? By the way, what is the best war game out there or one that will be coming out in the near future?
STrategy is AOE II but if your talking about a first person shooter use the Half Life Mods. Day Of Defeat is excellent. Also Battle Field 1942 is good (muchh better with Desert Storm Mod)

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

The best wargame...

Do you mean a shooter (Doom, Half Life), a real-time-strategy game (Age of Empires, Command & Conquer), or one that's like the old map-and-counter wargames that SPI and Avalon Hill produced?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I had a game back then also for Nintendo named "Golgo 13" where you were this secret agent that walked around with an m16. There was some hinted sexual escapades and everything - I remember being like 12 and couldn't believe it! A very poor man's James Bond type of game. I could make it to the end boss but could never beat it. It upsets me to this day. :)

I recently picked up a copy of Golgo 13 and I still can't beat the end boss!

A-Bomb

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
abomb said:
I recently picked up a copy of Golgo 13 and I still can't beat the end boss!

A-Bomb
I think after you beat the last boss you get to make out with a chick (in the video game, not in real life)! That was a good thrill for me when I was 10

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Psycho said:
That game was gold! :D

Nothing like going down the field on a runaway touchdown only to be blown up by a land mine by your older brother :mad:

MLF was developed by EA and used the same engine as that year's Madden game. That game was great though, now I have to scour ebay for a Genesis and cartridge. ;)

A-Bomb

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

Well, I'm 46 now and I think I'll still be playing in 4 more years. :) I started on the Atari 2600, then I brought the Intellivision (which ironically the entire collection will be released on ONE DISC for most platforms this fall). Then on to the Commodore 64 (my first computer), the Gameboy, SNES, Sega, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, and now the Xbox. (Hope I didn't forget anything).

I now play Project Gotham Racing 2 on XBox live with all the "young whippersnappers". Seriously thought, the video game revolution isn't going away, it's constantly getting better!

And are far as best war game - there are SO MANY and it's too subjective, but for shooters EVERYONE is drooling over the soon-to-be-released Doom 3 and Halo 2. They are going to totally kick butt! :eek:

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
OKCardFan said:
Well, I'm 46 now and I think I'll still be playing in 4 more years. :) I started on the Atari 2600, then I brought the Intellivision (which ironically the entire collection will be released on ONE DISC for most platforms this fall). Then on to the Commodore 64 (my first computer), the Gameboy, SNES, Sega, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, and now the Xbox. (Hope I didn't forget anything).
That's cool. How's your coordination over the years? Can you keep up with those "young whippersnappers"? :) I see myself playing video games as long as I'm able to, though I haven't seen many gamers over the age of 30. It's good to see that it's starting to change though, especially because I want to program games for a living once I'm out of college.

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
Top 10 Best video games ever, my opinion:
1. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Tecmo Super Bowl
3. Halo
4. Mike Tyson's Punch Out
5. Madden series
6. NCAA football series
7. Baseball mogul (if we are counting computer games)
8. Super Mario 3
9. Shemmu (or however you spell it that old dreamcast game)
10. ESPN NBA 2k4
11. Ken Griffey Baseball (how could I leave it out?)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno if this has been mentioned (newbie) but Star
fox for Nintendo 64 was excellent. Great fun. "Can't let you do that, Starfox"

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
schel said:
That's cool. How's your coordination over the years?

Great! I think playing video games all those years has helped hone my skills. I usually finish a game, if I like it alot, no matter how hard it is. (Maybe more because of my determination, than skill though :) )

Good luck with your programming, because like I said before, it'll be around for a looooong time and I'll be along for the ride.

Well, gotta go. Xbox Live is waiting and I need a modem. (Note to self - Get that router).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
1. GTA Series
2. Diablo Series
3. Warcraft Series (bound to jump to #1 with World of Warcraft)
4. Counterstrike
5. Dungeon Keeper Series
6. Mario Kart Series
7. Final Fantasy Series
8. Baldurs Gate Series
9. FIFA Series
10. Secret of Mana Series

I'm shocked some of these weren't mentioned so far.

Also Duke Nukem 3d ruled but I am getting sick of waiting for the next one.

Last edited:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
The two Max Payne games are pretty good. Just installed and finished the second one this month after it sat on my desk since xmas.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
In any order.

- Mario bros (all versions)
- Zelda
- Macross
- GTA III and Vice City
- Devil May Cry 1 (#2 sucks)
- Doom
- Mike Tyson's Punchout
- 007: Goldeneye
- Street Fighter (any versions)
- Contra
- Castlevenia
- Metroid
- Donkey Kong
- Prince of Percia
- Wolfenstien
- NBA Jam
- Earthworm Jim
- NBA Street vol 2

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
- Prince of Percia

Man, I am so done with this game. I'm about 80% through the game, and I've come across a puzzle that's just too hard. It's in the torture chamber. You have to pull 2 levers on opposite sides of the room, then scale up 2 walls (triangle-jump style) that are separating quickly, then once you get to the top, you have to jump from a beam to a wall on the left, hit the lever and bounce back to the beam in 1 stroke then hit the same pad on the wall on the right... from there I dunno what to do because I die. Every time. That's if I can even scale the first series of walls...man is this part of the game frustrating!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard