What's your favorite computer/video game(s) ever?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite video game of all time is Grand Theft Auto III. Vice City is as good, if not better, but GTA3 broke the mold, and showed that a video game for grown-ups can be successful. You can finush all the missions in that game (and Vice City) and continue to play it until your fingers fall off. For those who haven't had the chance to play either on the PC, you are missing out on some really cool stuff, but the PS2 versions are great just the same.

My top 5 Favorite Video Games Of All Time:
1. Grand Theft Auto III (PC, PS2)
2. Super Tecmo Bowl (SNES)
3. Resident Evil (remake, GC)
4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assult (PC)
5. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2)

Honorable Mention: Halo (XBox), I have not yet played it as I am waiting for the PC version. Every person, website, and magazine says this game is the bomb! I can only wait till I can play it on something I have.

As far as my favorite series of video game, it would have to be Resident Evil (closely followed by the Madden Football series). I can still remember when the first Resident Evil came out for the PlayStation. Me and my buddies would rent a PlayStation, and the game. We would start on Friday night, and play on through to Sunday almost non-stop. We would only pause for toilet breaks, and to pour another tequilla & Mountain Dew.

My top 5 Favorite Video Game Series Of All Time:
1. Resident Evil (PSX, GC)
2. Madden Football (all platforms, including the Commodore 64!)
3. Metroid (SNES, GC)
4. Syphon Filter (PSX)
5. Castle Wolfenstein (Apple, PC)

Honorable Mention: Final Fantasy. I played I & III and hear nothing but raves about the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For me:

1. Final Fantasy: I've played everyone released in America, and liked everyone except for 8, though I'm going to buy it and try to play it. The newest installment, FF X, is already a top 5, if not the top, seller in PS2 history. If you like this type of game, or even marginally like it, FF X is the most mind blowing game ever.

2. Tecmo Bowl: Yeah Madden is great and all, but Tecmo was the original, and it's hard to out do an original. I have many fond memories with the Tecmo series: The Giants with O.J. Anderson and LT, The Niners with Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. I really liked the last one for SNES, Tecmo Bowl 3. Natrone Means was unstoppable.

3. Grand Theft Auto: Any game where I can run around and beat up prostitutes, steal cars and get chased by the cops, has to be one of the coolest ever. GTA 3 is the best of the bunch imo, but Vice City was way cool too.

4. Madden: Great series, nuff said'

5. Resident Evil: Wow Ken, we like similar games. I haven't played many of the newer games, but the first 3 installments for Playstation were great games. My personal favorite was part 2.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
For me:

1. Final Fantasy: I've played everyone released in America, and liked everyone except for 8, though I'm going to buy it and try to play it. The newest installment, FF X, is already a top 5, if not the top, seller in PS2 history. If you like this type of game, or even marginally like it, FF X is the most mind blowing game ever.

2. Tecmo Bowl: Yeah Madden is great and all, but Tecmo was the original, and it's hard to out do an original. I have many fond memories with the Tecmo series: The Giants with O.J. Anderson and LT, The Niners with Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. I really liked the last one for SNES, Tecmo Bowl 3. Natrone Means was unstoppable.

3. Grand Theft Auto: Any game where I can run around and beat up prostitutes, steal cars and get chased by the cops, has to be one of the coolest ever. GTA 3 is the best of the bunch imo, but Vice City was way cool too.

4. Madden: Great series, nuff said'

5. Resident Evil: Wow Ken, we like similar games. I haven't played many of the newer games, but the first 3 installments for Playstation were great games. My personal favorite was part 2.

We do seem to have a meeting of the minds when it comes to gaming! :thumbup:

I really liked the Final Fantasys that I played, I think I'm too spoiled with certain features. I just don't like having to read if I don't have to. I really enjoyed everything about FF VII (gameplay, graphics, sound, music) but the reading just turned me off and I never returned. I should go back to it at some point and see what I'm missing. :D

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Wow, this one's tough. My favorite series, though, are;

1.) Final Fantasy - just cause I've spent months of my life on these games. Can't wait for part X-2, should be a good way to fill in the void during the weekdays of football season.

2.) Silent Hill - horror video games that scared the piss out of you and racked your brain at the same time. Part 3 comes out in August - I'm counting the days.

3.) Resident Evil - this could be blasphemy, but I liked Code: Veronica the best. Although I rented a Gamecube just to play the two chapters for that console and it really blew me away.

4.) Castlevania - from the 8-bit version to Symphony of the Night, these were all quality sidescrolling adventures.

5.) Splatterhouse - I have a weakness for cheap splatter fun. Part 3 was waaaaaay ahead of its time and underappreciated.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
Wow, this one's tough. My favorite series, though, are;

1.) Final Fantasy - just cause I've spent months of my life on these games. Can't wait for part X-2, should be a good way to fill in the void during the weekdays of football season.

2.) Silent Hill - horror video games that scared the piss out of you and racked your brain at the same time. Part 3 comes out in August - I'm counting the days.

3.) Resident Evil - this could be blasphemy, but I liked Code: Veronica the best. Although I rented a Gamecube just to play the two chapters for that console and it really blew me away.

4.) Castlevania - from the 8-bit version to Symphony of the Night, these were all quality sidescrolling adventures.

5.) Splatterhouse - I have a weakness for cheap splatter fun. Part 3 was waaaaaay ahead of its time and underappreciated.

Good picks! I spent literally a month playing FF X. The only disappointing part was that the game actually ended!

There is a Splatterhouse 2 & 3? I had the original TG-16 version and it was one of the better games I've ever owned.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
We do seem to have a meeting of the minds when it comes to gaming! :thumbup:

I really liked the Final Fantasys that I played, I think I'm too spoiled with certain features. I just don't like having to read if I don't have to. I really enjoyed everything about FF VII (gameplay, graphics, sound, music) but the reading just turned me off and I never returned. I should go back to it at some point and see what I'm missing. :D

FF X is almost all dialogue, except for when you talk to the townsfolk, and in part X that has been greatly deemphasized.

Rent it sometime. The beginning of the game will get you immediately addicted.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
I had the original TG-16 version and it was one of the better games I've ever owned.

TurboGrafix-16? My goodness, I still have one somewhere in my garage...The FIRST game system to use CD as game-media!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) Final Fantasy seems to unanimous. FF is pretty much the standard for that genre.

2) Dynasty Warriors. You just run around killing hundreds of people. What could be better.

3) Madden. Another standard. Every year the game play gets better and they add more and more features.

4) Space Quest. One of the all time great pc series.

On a side note I really miss the old side scroller type action games. There's a new TMNT game coming out soon that will be old school. It won't be a side scroll but it will be that kind of arcadish action.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
1) Final Fantasy seems to unanimous. FF is pretty much the standard for that genre.

2) Dynasty Warriors. You just run around killing hundreds of people. What could be better.

3) Madden. Another standard. Every year the game play gets better and they add more and more features.

4) Space Quest. One of the all time great pc series.

On a side note I really miss the old side scroller type action games. There's a new TMNT game coming out soon that will be old school. It won't be a side scroll but it will be that kind of arcadish action.

I've been wanting to check out Dynasty Warriors. My birthday is on Friday, and my girl friend and her mother always get me a bunch of games....maybe I will buy Dynasty Warriors.

Is it a game that you recommend getting the first in the series first, or can should I get the most recent one?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to check out Dynasty Warriors. My birthday is on Friday, and my girl friend and her mother always get me a bunch of games....maybe I will buy Dynasty Warriors.

Is it a game that you recommend getting the first in the series first, or can should I get the most recent one?

Most recent one. There aren't a whole lot of changes from game to game so it's not worth buying the whole series just to have them all.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
1) Zelda series
2) Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City
3) Elderscrolls on XBOX and PC
4) Super Mario Bros series (except #2, that ****ing sucked ass)
5) Tom Clancy series....nothing feels better than to lock on the back of some annonymous brown guy's head with your sniper rifle and spray his brains on the wall from 500 yards

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
1) Zelda series
2) Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City
3) Elderscrolls on XBOX and PC
4) Super Mario Bros series (except #2, that ****ing sucked ass)
5) Tom Clancy series....nothing feels better than to lock on the back of some annonymous brown guy's head with your sniper rifle and spray his brains on the wall from 500 yards

Nice...have you had a chance to play the newest Zelda on GameCube? I have not had a chance yet, and everything I read says it's the bomb.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
There is a Splatterhouse 2 & 3? I had the original TG-16 version and it was one of the better games I've ever owned.

Sega Genesis, baby! Part 2 was another side scroller that was bloody but clunky whereas part 3 had a Final Fight setup with lots o blood, an explorable mansion, the first cinema pics for a 16 bit, and multiple endings. The ROMs are worth checking out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
Sega Genesis, baby! Part 2 was another side scroller that was bloody but clunky whereas part 3 had a Final Fight setup with lots o blood, an explorable mansion, the first cinema pics for a 16 bit, and multiple endings. The ROMs are worth checking out.

You like ROMS too? Right on, I'll check those ROMs out.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK, I am old school I guess but Gauntlet was always a favorite of mine...the older arcade version. We used to play for hours and some kid would walk up when we were on level 100 or whatever and we would sacrifice their ass to get to the exit.

As for home video games, I had a Sega genesis and loved NHL and, NFL and Golf on it.

Remember Intellivision? That was cutting edge when it came out.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy

GTA

Tekken

Duke Nukem

Honorable Mentions: Super Mario Kart, Diablo, Warcraft, Baldurs Gate, Quake, Counterstrike, Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34

I loved Intellivsion, it knocked the crap out of the Atari (before it was called the 2600). I remember a game for the Intellivision where you had this star map, and you had to dispatch your ships around to engage ememy fleets. When your two fleets met, it went in close and became a cool shooter. I can't remember the name of it...

I also loved "Utopia" for the Intellivision...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite Games

Sports: Mutant League Football, Genesis.

Is there a better game then the ability to bribe the ref so he calls bogus penalties on your opponent, and then watch your opponent go kill him. Ample gore in this game, my favorite was to "wire the ball for death" (ie make it a bomb) and then toss it at the defensive line.

Shooter: Team Fortress Classic/Halflife

Played this game regularly for some two years.

Fighting: Marvel vrs Capcom 2.

Characters from Street Fighter, Nightstalkers, Capcom, and Marvel Superheroes collide!

Strategy based: Starcraft

Locked and loaded!

Fun: Roller Coaster Tycoon

A game that is just for fun and doesn't raise my heartrate??? And it is good! You lie! Where does the killing begin? (When you pick up unruly customers and drown them in a nearby lake)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
OK, I am old school I guess but Gauntlet was always a favorite of mine...the older arcade version. We used to play for hours and some kid would walk up when we were on level 100 or whatever and we would sacrifice their ass to get to the exit.

As for home video games, I had a Sega genesis and loved NHL and, NFL and Golf on it.

Hey you're not that old. I loved Gauntlet too! :D

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey you're not that old. I loved Gauntlet too! :D

But you guys are mentioning games I have never even seen and some I haven't even heard of. Makes me feel old. I suppose when my kids grow up, I'll get back into video games although by then, it will be uncool to hang out with Dad :D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Favorite Games

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Sports: Mutant League Football, Genesis.

Is there a better game then the ability to bribe the ref so he calls bogus penalties on your opponent, and then watch your opponent go kill him. Ample gore in this game, my favorite was to "wire the ball for death" (ie make it a bomb) and then toss it at the defensive line.

I can't believe I left that one out! That's one of the best games ever made. I wish EA would remake that for the current systems. Could you imagine that on a PS2 or XBOX? I think we should hound them incessantly untill they make a new one. There is an EA studio in Mailtland which is about an hour from where I live. I should go on a hunger strike in front of the building untill they make this game for me. Anyone want to help?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Favorite Games

Originally posted by Floridacard
I can't believe I left that one out! That's one of the best games ever made. I wish EA would remake that for the current systems. Could you imagine that on a PS2 or XBOX? I think we should hound them incessantly untill they make a new one. There is an EA studio in Mailtland which is about an hour from where I live. I should go on a hunger strike in front of the building untill they make this game for me. Anyone want to help?

Heh, I would love to see this game done now. Imagine how fun the instant replay would be. Even better, you could play it on-line against other people.

:thumbup: