Whats the big deal?

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is complaining about who/what is the problem....this is the perfect season, lets turn this losing streak into 50? Start the beaze and let him fail. let them all fail...what are we striving for mediocracy?? NOPE we are striving to be bad very bad...lets get a top three pick this year and next...this is the best thing that could happen to us...lets keep it up

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm mean we all knew we were going to be bad. i had some optimism at first, but lost interest in how good they are doing record wise. in the mean time let morriis, dragic, and tucker get some playing time.

Oh no all of a sudden our FO is the worst in the league, its been a slow decline the last 3years guys. they already told you their game plan and you guys are crying about it. you knew their intensions and knew we weren't going to be good.

the beasley signing was a huge gamble, looks like we're not winning that bet. that was probably the FO signing that mean being competitive while rebuilding. it'll probably not pan out for beasley, but taking one shot at a #2 pick who has shown flashes was an okay gamble for 6mill for 2 years. what sucks is that his 3rd year is partial guaranteed, did not know that and that sucks.

and seriously, who else was available for this current season to help turn us into a 1-4 seed in the playoffs?

there's no solution aside from a major superstar coming here and making us relevant again. that puts everyone in a terrible position: the FO, coaches, staff, and players.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Everyone is complaining about who/what is the problem....this is the perfect season, lets turn this losing streak into 50? Start the beaze and let him fail. let them all fail...what are we striving for mediocracy?? NOPE we are striving to be bad very bad...lets get a top three pick this year and next...this is the best thing that could happen to us...lets keep it up

10000000000% true

It just gets on my nerves how much Beasley gets bashed and is made out to be the scapegoat when clearly there are more to share the blame. We don't even need a scapegoat - this team is playing just as it was expected. Everyone knew we wouldn't fight for the playoffs unless Beasley had a MVP caliber season.

What is the saying in English? Sometimes you have to fail before you succeed?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I didn't expect much form this team this year. All in all it was a bad year from draft day on. At this point I say lets hit the bottom and build for 3-5 years from now. Marshall was a bad pick, Beasley, Johnson, Scola are reaches.

We missed out on a hometown good player in Harden, that at least would have helped this team be watchable, but we didn't have enough pieces to make it work.

At this point there are not going to be big time free agents next year and might as well start building though the draft.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yes but we could have signed Mayo who was as talented and is probably playing better than Harden right now.

But we did not because you know we wouldn't give him the starter position because we are building AROUND DUDLEY!!!

Too bad Shannon Brown even beat him out for the 2 spot and we probably have the worst shooting guard rotation in the NBA.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yes but we could have signed Mayo who was as talented and is probably playing better than Harden right now.

But we did not because you know we wouldn't give him the starter position because we are building AROUND DUDLEY!!!

Too bad Shannon Brown even beat him out for the 2 spot and we probably have the worst shooting guard rotation in the NBA.

Mayo was looking for starting gig of the bat. If he would have just taken the offer he would have beat out Dudley and be starting for us as well. I can't put that one on the Suns and Dudley looked ready to be the starter.

Mayo still maybe come here next year as he will not accept his player option. Or the Suns will be able to fill that role though draft next year.

Remember we couldn't offer him a contract because NO had not completed the contract for Gordon yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think you've got that backwards. I don't see too many fans happy with it.

It might be better for them in the long term though.

Tanking and being awful is good for fans because it gets us a high draft pick. Bad for business because they will lose money hand over fist until we're good again.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Mayo was looking for starting gig of the bat. If he would have just taken the offer he would have beat out Dudley and be starting for us as well. I can't put that one on the Suns and Dudley looked ready to be the starter.

Mayo still maybe come here next year as he will not accept his player option. Or the Suns will be able to fill that role though draft next year.

Remember we couldn't offer him a contract because NO had not completed the contract for Gordon yet.

We could have made him an offer, we didn't..

We won't get him next year because Dallas won't let go a young 21/5/5 player who is shooting high percentages and plays decent defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have made him an offer, we didn't..

We won't get him next year because Dallas won't let go a young 21/5/5 player who is shooting high percentages and plays decent defense.

yup... and if the Lakers continue to be a mess, I could see howard bolting for Dallas. Howard, Nowitzki and Mayo is a pretty damn good ********* to build around.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't think Dallas would have capspace for Howard if they have to max out Mayo whose bird rights they do not own.

Dirk makes $22M
Marion is likely to pick up his $9M option
Carter makes $3M
Cunningham and Crowder combine for $2M

Mayo will have to be resigned for something starting around 12M$.

That is 48M$ plus capholds.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont have a problem if the team bottoms out, I just wished they'd planned for it. Instead they have a team that certainly isnt young and has virtually no long term upside. Its a total accident that they are "tanking" at the moment, their goal was to be far better.

I would feel a lot better about this situation if they cleaned house in the front office. Because after the way the current regiem handled the 2012 offseason I am frightened about what the will do in the next one. There are a lot of shot chucking, team destroying, losers hoping for a payday hitting free agency this year. A smart franchise avoids those players, this current group appears to go out of their way to pursue them.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
10000000000% true

It just gets on my nerves how much Beasley gets bashed and is made out to be the scapegoat when clearly there are more to share the blame. We don't even need a scapegoat - this team is playing just as it was expected. Everyone knew we wouldn't fight for the playoffs unless Beasley had a MVP caliber season.

What is the saying in English? Sometimes you have to fail before you succeed?

Gets on your nerves? He sucks and there is no reason why he shouldn't be bashed. There are plenty of players on this team to bash but he takes the cake.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have a problem if the team bottoms out, I just wished they'd planned for it. Instead they have a team that certainly isnt young and has virtually no long term upside. Its a total accident that they are "tanking" at the moment, their goal was to be far better.

I would feel a lot better about this situation if they cleaned house in the front office. Because after the way the current regiem handled the 2012 offseason I am frightened about what the will do in the next one. There are a lot of shot chucking, team destroying, losers hoping for a payday hitting free agency this year. A smart franchise avoids those players, this current group appears to go out of their way to pursue them.

This is the problem, past, now and future. I never could understand why ownership does not invest in the best decision makers available. Smart basketball minds actually save money. I would think Sarver would see it by now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison