MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon K9, give us your stuff!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not doing them right now because they'd all be the same. Not really worth my time.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Goats" Gresham of course and Nelson because he stinks and add Wilks again just because. Heroes: Rosen, Kirk and Leftwich or Baker

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goats" Gresham of course and Nelson because he stinks and add Wilks again just because. Heroes: Rosen, Kirk and Leftwich or Baker
Did JJ flat out drop the TD pass or did Sherman really get a hand on it? From the replay I saw at the game I didn't think Sherman touched it

Reactions: PJ1

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I know its hard to justify "heroes" in this circus of a season so far...but I really looked forward to reading that thread every week
Here is the hero (and different kind of G.O.A.T) :)

You must be registered for see images attach

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
[QUOTE="BullheadCardFan, post: 3818536, member: 2341"
]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE]

Yay! finally a picture of a goat! I did enjoy the Damascus goat picture :eek:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hero:

Rosens 4th quarter magic showed what he can be
Leftwich finally using DJ and Fitz
Fitz with great grabs and great fire as usual.

Goats:

Gresham losing his cool and losing the football were his only visible plays.
Who else had a bad game? As bad as it was I cant seem to single anyone out.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hero:

Rosens 4th quarter magic showed what he can be
Leftwich finally using DJ and Fitz
Fitz with great grabs and great fire as usual.

Goats:

Gresham losing his cool and losing the football were his only visible plays.
Who else had a bad game? As bad as it was I cant seem to single anyone out.

Goat - John Wetzel, called out time and time again, and even telestrated how bad he was doing against the Niners.

Goat - JJ Nelson. Could not catch a cotton ball with honey soaked gloves.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goat - John Wetzel, called out time and time again, and even telestrated how bad he was doing against the Niners.

Goat - JJ Nelson. Could not catch a cotton ball with honey soaked gloves.
JJ did bad as usual but his pass interference play was huge

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here are just a couple of observations I made while watching the game last night:

On offense (since I knew the outcome of the game), I keyed specifically on D.J. Humphries. San Francisco's DL is 20th in adjusted sack rate and below average in stopping the run, so it was against a mediocre opponent.

He's fine. He's due over $9 million next season, and that's probably a little more than his next contract will average. He'll still be a value at that price. He's mobile enough to wall off most defenders, and he doesn't get overwhelmed much, and he generally finds the right man to block (this is easier to see than you'd think).

The offensive line in general isn't great. The interiors are not good, and that includes John Wetzel, who is clearly a fan favorite here. They get confused on switch-offs and games. On the last Rosen sack, everyone came free and it looked like only one OL found someone to block.

I don't think that David Johnson is in shape. One thing I was remembering about his 1000/1000 (almost) season was how effortless he made these runs look. Now they look like work. Still have really troubling Andre Ellington vibes right now.

On defense, I keyed on Haason Reddick. I mean, if you want to salvage what could be your third-best linebacker from a first-round pick, I think he's on that trajectory. He doesn't have a lot of instinct. You can point him at somewhere to go in the backfield and he can pursue to it. He reminds me of a less physical Daryl Washington in that way. He doesn't fight through or knife through traffic if he doesn't have a clear destination.

Patrick Peterson continues to be a stud. He was let down by the safety on the TD play.

Don't take anything away from a win here. This team is still poorly coached. We won (possibly) because the opponent had an unforced error on the snap to close the game.