What are D'backs odds of winning World Series ever again?

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
considering the much to be desired play of the club, i was wondering what the chances of us ever winning the World Series is again. i can recall the '90 Twins, or the 2001 Angels, or last years Marlins?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I'd say that their odds of winning another World Series is pretty high (Not any time soon mind you). This team doesn't have a cloud hanging over it like the Red Sox and Cubs do, I don't think the drought will be that long. They have a solid farm system that is going to take some time to get all of their star prospects up to ML level.

You have to remember that this team basically sold its soul for a World Series ring and now they are going to have to pay for the financial difficulties that comes along with that. Free agents like Finley and Bautista will move and make way for prospects like Tererro (sp?). It will be just a matter of time til the team strengthens againg (how much time? I honestly don't know)

Now the question is do prefer doing what they did so that we can talk about when we will win another World Series win or rather this team built up the old fashioned way and we would still be talking about the goal of winning our first title? Personally I like it just the way it happened

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Very true EvilAsh. The team is still paying for the World Series in the form of deferred salary payments from past years.

That impacts the team's ability to spend on salary for current players.

Some of the kids may turn out to be very good major league players and more will be coming.

What one has to watch right now is their growing pains.