Welcome Jordan Goodwin!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
From CBS: "Goodwin is likely to be considered a toss-in for this blockbuster trade, but he could prove valuable to Phoenix as a bench piece. In Goodwin, the Suns are getting a potential rotation piece under contract for only $1.9 million next season plus a team option for 2024-25. In his second year as a pro, he averaged 6.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 17.8 minutes per game across 62 contests."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is the type of player who can really excel on a better team, like Phoenix. There won't be any focus on him when he's on the court, so he can just get lost in the offense and the defense and do his thing...sneaky sneaky.

You must be registered for see images attach

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If the Suns can bring back Okogie and have Vogel do a little magic with Bazley's athleticism, that could potentially be three pretty good defenders off the bench. Then mix and match them in lineups with Booker, Beal, and Durant to compensate for the offensive shortcomings and you may have something.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm thinking you want this guy if you ever play Chris Paul, to harass him Ala Jose Alvarado.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
From AZ Sports, Wizards beat reporter Josh Robbins: “Jordan Goodwin is a guy who is tough, gritty — he’s got an outstanding feel for the game,” Robbins said. He’ll defend on-ball. For a 6-foot-2 guy, he rebounds like nobody’s business.

“You asked about mixed feelings in Washington about the trade: When (Goodwin’s inclusion) came out, that came out as a kick in the stomach to Wizards fans, to the point where I find it very difficult why the Wizards would include him. He’s one of the very few player-development successes the Wizards have had in recent years. … He’s going to be a rotation player I think for the Suns. He can be that. I don’t understand why the Wizards traded him.”

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
From AZ Sports, Wizards beat reporter Josh Robbins: “Jordan Goodwin is a guy who is tough, gritty — he’s got an outstanding feel for the game,” Robbins said. He’ll defend on-ball. For a 6-foot-2 guy, he rebounds like nobody’s business.

“You asked about mixed feelings in Washington about the trade: When (Goodwin’s inclusion) came out, that came out as a kick in the stomach to Wizards fans, to the point where I find it very difficult why the Wizards would include him. He’s one of the very few player-development successes the Wizards have had in recent years. … He’s going to be a rotation player I think for the Suns. He can be that. I don’t understand why the Wizards traded him.”
Have to imagine it was requested by Beal, otherwise why do they throw him in? I don't think it had anything to do with the matching of salaries.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Have to imagine it was requested by Beal, otherwise why do they throw him in? I don't think it had anything to do with the matching of salaries.
Just like Okogie, I think James Jones, or someone on his staff has an eye for these developing NBA guys. I think we asked.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like Okogie, I think James Jones, or someone on his staff has an eye for these developing NBA guys. I think we asked.

Someone on the Suns staff is studying players in the league. I know the Suns have a scout for opponents, so maybe that's where we are finding under the radar prospects.

I so wish the Suns would hire more scouts, stat.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Someone on the Suns staff is studying players in the league. I know the Suns have a scout for opponents, so maybe that's where we are finding under the radar prospects.

I so wish the Suns would hire more scouts, stat.
Someone posted an article here, and we literally have the smallest staff in the NBA. We need more scouts. Somehow these lower guys like Okogie, Landale, Bismack, etc. have someone with an eye for value scouting these guys. Which could be in our wheelhouse on the vet minimum deals.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm guessing its the same people that wanted Baz. Goodwin, Okogie and Baz are low risk high rewards types.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone posted an article here, and we literally have the smallest staff in the NBA. We need more scouts. Somehow these lower guys like Okogie, Landale, Bismack, etc. have someone with an eye for value scouting these guys. Which could be in our wheelhouse on the vet minimum deals.

Its a good thing Thomas works for Ish for free LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard