KD and Beal Trade Recap

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every year his contract will look more reasonable. The worst thing about his contract is the NTC. If we want to do a long term rebuild, it will be Booker and KD that we trade to make it happen. Even aging KD will have value.

I'm for the trade but I don't see Beal's contract ever being reasonable. We got him in exchange for pick swaps and 2nd rounders entirely because of how awful his contract is. He's still a good player but he's paid like an MVP and that is nuts. His contract will never have "plus" value until his final season, and that is only as a salary dump, so it's value will be murky.

As for KD, he has to get healthier. If he has another season where he misses 40+ games and struggles in the playoffs then his contract is an albatross.

As for Booker, trading him prior to 2031 would be insanity. It would signal that we're tanking and you can't tank if you don't control your own draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The pick swaps with Washington aren't much of an issue either since one year we already have a swap with Brooklyn from the KD trade so they have first dibs on our pick and then Washington can choose to swap after. There's a good chance we'll be better than both so nothing happens with those. Swaps are generally a non issue, something to sell to the fan base as value when there is none. A swap is probably worth 2-3 2nd round picks when you're a playoff team. It only becomes a danger when you suck and since we already traded swap rights with Brooklyn, offering secondary swaps with Washington is nothing to worry about.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just avoiding this thread. It's like my daughter getting married this week. Enjoy the moment and don't look at the bill.
I have a feeling my daughter will be doing something similar in the next couple years after she graduates college.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope your daughter's marriage brings joy for more than the 2-3 years the Suns will get out of Durant.
I was going to quote something about current divorce statistics, but I'll save it for another time..

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Every year his contract will look more reasonable. The worst thing about his contract is the NTC. If we want to do a long term rebuild, it will be Booker and KD that we trade to make it happen. Even aging KD will have value.
DA will be the one traded