Week 14 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/08/24-04/14/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Olave is his floor? Sign me the f up.

Olave is a good player. Is he worth #4?

He went 11 in his own class. He was 17th in receiving yards last year.

He's a good, not great receiver, who would be a fine addition to the roster, but not the "generational" talent that MHJ is supposed to me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He's a good, not great receiver, who would be a fine addition to the roster, but not the "generational" talent that MHJ is supposed to me.
Real misread on what "floor" means here.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Real misread on what "floor" means here.
Before I consider it a "misread", I think i need some parameters here (maybe there is and I missed them?). Or is this "misread" for some that you have set?

I don't know if the floor you have set is higher or lower than his, from your post? :shrug:.

After all is said and done, I guess everything posted on here is just an opinion, right or wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But as a floor that’s fantastic. Think about it, if the floor of the guy you’re drafting at 4 is the equivalent of the 11th best player in a draft that’s pretty freaking fantastic.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Before I consider it a "misread", I think i need some parameters here (maybe there is and I missed them?). Or is this "misread" for some that you have set?

I don't know if the floor you have set is higher or lower than his, from your post? :shrug:.

After all is said and done, I guess everything posted on here is just an opinion, right or wrong.
@Ouchie-Z-Clown covered this below, but to state it a little more clearly:

If the "floor" -- worst possible outcome -- for MHJ is Chris Olave, who has gone over 1000 yards in his first two pro seasons playing with Andy Dalton/Jameis Winston and Derek Carr, I feel pretty good about the ROI we'll get on the pick.

For me, I don't think Olave has played enough to provide a great benchmark for another prospect. If you ask OSU's coaches, MHJ is significantly better than any of the guys who've preceded him (many of whom have gone on to illustrious NFL careers).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If the "floor" -- worst possible outcome -- for MHJ is Chris Olave, who has gone over 1000 yards in his first two pro seasons playing with Andy Dalton/Jameis Winston and Derek Carr, I feel pretty good about the ROI we'll get on the pick.

For me, I don't think Olave has played enough to provide a great benchmark for another prospect. If you ask OSU's coaches, MHJ is significantly better than any of the guys who've preceded him (many of whom have gone on to illustrious NFL careers).
U are very confident the cards trade down so in the moment u realized It MHJ Is the cant miss prospect ever

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Olave is his floor? Sign me the f up.
This statement is kind of ridiculous. The floor is always total worthlessness. The player could have a catastrophic injury or a mental breakdown before ever playing a snap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This statement is kind of ridiculous. The floor is always total worthlessness. The player could have a catastrophic injury or a mental breakdown before ever playing a snap.
Lol… HIS statement is kinda ridiculous?

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Stout I will add that watching Odunze really soured me on Pennix. A lot of Washington's success last year was Pennix throwing up prayers to Odunze and Odunze making wine from water. Pennix's ball placement was pretty bad at times and Odunze made some ridiculous catches to make his QB look a lot better.

That's why I really want Odunze if MHJ isn't the guy. We've seen some weird ball placement from Murray at times and I think Odunze makes some crazy catches that alot of receivers just couldn't make. His ball tracking, catch radius, and understanding of leverage are elite.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He could also be from another planet abd bulletproof with laser eyes. Your point?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The floor is not based on their future exactly. It's based on what they have done in the past. It is a the bare minimum one might HOPE for.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My point being of course that while Olave is a good player and would be a fine addition to this roster he's not the generational talent people are absolutely certain MHJ is going to be, and that's my point.

There is way too much certainly that we must pick MHJ because he is absolutely 100% going to be awesome. It just doesn't work that way.

If the Giants offer #6 and we can get Odunze plus a high 2nd round pick we have to consider that. There is very little between the 2 players, and Odunze may turn out better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard