Week 14 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/08/24-04/14/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Nabers, but I don't think he's the god's gift.

I think he's not a perfect prospect for reasons I've stated. He also has significant character concerns.

I like Nabers but I've soured on him a little. The more I've watched him the more I've grown concerned.

All his success is in the slot. He gets tonnes of Off Off man coverage, like 12 yards off, against slot corners flipping burgers right now. He's played very little press man and when he has he was poor. He's lived off free releases at the LOS so I'm concerned about his technique there. His route tree was pretty limited. A lot of slot fades and posts.

There's things he does better too, but I feel he has more questions to answer in more areas than Odunze and MHJ.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ditto MHJ

If there is a guy in this class getting way too much certainty it's him. He's a high floor guy for sure, at worst he's Chris Olave. But there is way too much certainty he's Megatron/Julio level.
You missed my later post where I said others would be thinking and saying the same thing about MHJ :)

We all have our favorites and we've reached the tearing down other posters' favorites portion of the pre-draft process.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lmao, Jesus Christ, you legitimately had to not watch a snap of that game or you have awful memory. You can go on YouTube & type in Malik Nabers vs Kool-Aid & when in fact, it shows McKinstry lined up against Nabers. Crazy, right?

You going to keep repeating this?

Lol @ there being a difference between the two. You had to reach hard for this one.

Oh really? You know Malik Nabers & Rome Odunze personally?

Damn, it’s almost like I used an example & followed it up with a statement that was on topic. Of course, you have an hilarious habit of reaching.

Lmao good Lord dawg, when did I say it was not? Why do you love reaching for something that isn’t there so much? Man.
<Yawn>

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Nabers but I've soured on him a little. The more I've watched him the more I've grown concerned.

All his success is in the slot. He gets tonnes of Off Off man coverage, like 12 yards off, against slot corners flipping burgers right now. He's played very little press man and when he has he was poor. He's lived off free releases at the LOS so I've concerned about his technique there. His route tree was pretty limited. A lot of slot fades and posts.

There's things he does better too, but I feel he has more questions to answer in more areas than Odunze and MHJ.
I've seen the exact same thing.

Bro isn't going to get off man coverage, teams are going to press him. Nabers' 2023 season was akin to how the Broncos tried to defend Tyreek Hill when the Broncos gave up 70. When Nabers had a dude in his face, pressing him, he wasn't super man.

And then I watch Odunze who faced that kind of coverage but then went out and still caught the ball with a DB right on him...that's NFL receiver play right there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You missed my later post where I said others would be thinking and saying the same thing about MHJ :)

We all have our favorites and we've reached the tearing down other posters' favorites portion of the pre-draft process.
I'm comfortable with all three, but have a concern with each one.

Odunze I fear has that Tee Higgins ceiling, where he is a big guy who does that well, but isn't quite explosive enough to be better. I tend to think this is untrue because he was a big time track athlete and you do see plays where he gets good separation with speed alone.

MHJ I worry that he isn't quite physical enough. He's even taller than Odunze, but Odunze plays a lot bigger. I think that MHJ has the "want to", so I think he just needs more seasoning. He's explosive and has an advanced understanding of how to play receiver so he should be pretty good right away.

I've addressed my concerns with Nabers. He's ridiculously explosive and should produce a ton of big plays, but I just didn't see him play NFL receiver. He essentially lined up in the slot and beat dudes in a track race. Very little nuance to his game and wasn't really physical enough to be a complete receiver. He also has character concerns because of the gun charge.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Stout I will add that watching Odunze really soured me on Pennix. A lot of Washington's success last year was Pennix throwing up prayers to Odunze and Odunze making wine from water. Pennix's ball placement was pretty bad at times and Odunze made some ridiculous catches to make his QB look a lot better.

That's why I really want Odunze if MHJ isn't the guy. We've seen some weird ball placement from Murray at times and I think Odunze makes some crazy catches that alot of receivers just couldn't make. His ball tracking, catch radius, and understanding of leverage are elite.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
@Stout I will add that watching Odunze really soured me on Pennix. A lot of Washington's success last year was Pennix throwing up prayers to Odunze and Odunze making wine from water. Pennix's ball placement was pretty bad at times and Odunze made some ridiculous catches to make his QB look a lot better.

That's why I really want Odunze if MHJ isn't the guy. We've seen some weird ball placement from Murray at times and I think Odunze makes some crazy catches that alot of receivers just couldn't make. His ball tracking, catch radius, and understanding of leverage are elite.
Hard agree on these opinions. Pennix never impressed me because Odunze was his bail out guy, like Nuk was for KM. Also, yes, if we don't get MHJ, Odunze is who I want.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hard agree on these opinions. Pennix never impressed me because Odunze was his bail out guy, like Nuk was for KM. Also, yes, if we don't get MHJ, Odunze is who I want.
I'm honestly to the point that MHJ is my 1a and Odunze 1b. Nabers is my #2 just because I think that Murray needs a receiver who can adjust to balls he just yeets up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've seen the exact same thing.

Bro isn't going to get off man coverage, teams are going to press him. Nabers' 2023 season was akin to how the Broncos tried to defend Tyreek Hill when the Broncos gave up 70. When Nabers had a dude in his face, pressing him, he wasn't super man.

And then I watch Odunze who faced that kind of coverage but then went out and still caught the ball with a DB right on him...that's NFL receiver play right there.
Was listening to three former nfl personnel guys (didn’t catch their names) today on Sirius nfl radio. They all said odunze’s performance against Michigan was a big red flag for them. That it was the closest he’d see to the nfl and he struggled. Not just in output. They watched his whole film and they said he played “intimidated,” one went so far as to say he “got totally punked.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Interestingly these three same personnel guys really like Penix. Said he had the best sack to blitz ratio of all the QBs (or something to that extent) by far.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Was listening to three former nfl personnel guys (didn’t catch their names) today on Sirius nfl radio. They all said odunze’s performance against Michigan was a big red flag for them. That it was the closest he’d see to the nfl and he struggled. Not just in output. They watched his whole film and they said he played “intimidated,” one went so far as to say he “got totally punked.”
80 yards is punked?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interestingly these three same personnel guys really like Penix. Said he had the best sack to blitz ratio of all the QBs (or something to that extent) by far.
He had an outstanding OL and three great college receivers. Watch the individual reps. He threw up prayers to Odunze and the WR answered.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And

And Penix throwing like Pooh for a lot of the game...missing Rome when he was wide open several times.
I watched that game and Pennix was the one who got punked. Michigan got the pressure early and Pennix had no answer.

Pennix is the most YOLO QB I've seen in a long time. Dude just yeets the ball to receivers with no care whether it's accurate or not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard