Washington @ ASU

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Washington's defense is good.

Washington is giving up just 18.8 points per game, which leads the Pac-12 and ranks 24th nationally. In addition, the Huskies allow just 4.8 yards per play, which also leads the conference.

Washington is strong against the run, giving up just 3.32 yards per carry, which ranks 15th nationally. The Huskies are particularly stingy in the red zone, allowing opponents to score touchdowns on just 40.6 percent of their opportunities. And their 18 turnovers rank 19th nationally.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...e-ready-to-face-pac-12s-top-defense/75677168/

Their offense has been struggling.

Washington 10
ASU 21

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU needs this one to have any chance for a bowl game. I see them beating U of A, but losing to Cal. So to me, this is a must win today

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Offense looks horrendous... while Graham is berating his defense on the sideline... Man this team looks so completely putrid.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think we might be on pace to break the school record for number of punts in a half and a game! So, we have that going for us!! ;)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Devils showing some signs of life. A score and then a missed Wash field goal has the score at 17-10 heading into the 4th qtr...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Notice how your defense got better once Simone went out??

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Notice how your defense got better once Simone went out??

Incredible. And out offense has fed off the improved defensive play.
Devils now up by 10! And Ballage has a chance to be a very special player!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good comeback win for the Sun Devils in the second half.

I'm sure glad those Washington receivers could not catch the ball especially in the first half.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at the game, so here are some random thoughts.

First half, team lacked a lot of confidence. They looked down after losing the last games. Seemed like they were playing scared, kind of going through the motions. Before that filed goal toward the end of the half, a few of the defensive players had their heads down, kinda like "I want to go home now."

The second half was great, very exciting, lots of big plays on D as we finally got their quarterback rattled.

And Ballage is an absolute bull. His long TD run was ridiculous. If you give that guy a head of steam, look out.

It looked like TG was serious about his zero turnover goal for the game. Offensive game plan was extremely conservative. Even the passing plays were conservative, nothing down the field, just short stuff.

Berco just seemed off most of the day. ASU's receivers dropped several passes, but they were diving back for the ball trying to catch bad passes.

Marcus Ball's (pretty sure that was him) interception diving backwards was incredible. Dude is an athlete. Nice to see him on the field.

Our team speed is definitely lacking on the defensive side. So often we had the Washington quarterback dead to rights. But our guys looked lumbering trying to catch him and missed tackles again and again. I love Longino's heart, but he just didn't look real quick out there. Seems like he is playing out of position at the Devilbacker, looks more like an inside linebacker.

We have trouble tackling in space. We are really going to have our hands full against the Wildcats, that's for sure.

That play when Berco got blindsided was ridiculous. He got knocked in to next week. I was very suprised that he came back in the game.

Washington's receivers routinely beat our DB's down the field. With Graham putting so many people in blitzing position, it just looks our guys on the outside are regularly outnumberd. 3 receivers, 2 dbs. 2 receivers, 1 db. That is NOT going to work against Arizona.

Good to see Manny get a series. If we had actually dialed in the first half, he could have played more.

Great win against a very tough Washington team.

We should have a great battle on our hands next week.

That's it folks!