Vikings trade possibilities and releases

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread but thought I would post the following from rotoworld:

Vikings released OGs Steve Hutchinson and Anthony Herrera.

and:

According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, "it is believed" the Vikings are still open to trading the No. 3 pick following Washington's Friday acquisition of the No. 2 pick.
The conventional wisdom is that the Vikes are likely to use their No. 3 pick on USC LT Matt Kalil, but they are reportedly still open to moving down if they receive "their own ransom, including an extra first-round pick in 2013." The Vikings are unlikely to be offered a package making it worth passing on Kalil.

I know I might be dreaming, but what if the Cardinals were able to orchestrate a trade with the Vikings to grab Matt Kalil and sign Steve Hutchinson at LG? I'm not sure what the exact price would be to move up... But do you think that would be enough to entice Payton to come play for us? Food for thought!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
uh...entice how? Your talking about a scenario which would have to happen now which it can't because Peyton wants to sign by Tuesday if reports are correct and the draft is months off.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I may need a ruling on this, but. Cannot remember a username longer than that one.

Especially since neither player is under contract to the Cardinals.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

I'm more concerned with R-guard and perhaps Herrera could fit a need.

Hutchinson could very well join a few old buddies in Cleveland, according to a recent Tweet.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
uh...entice how? Your talking about a scenario which would have to happen now which it can't because Peyton wants to sign by Tuesday if reports are correct and the draft is months off.
That will show Cardinals have a plan to address the situation... I would consider it if I were the Cardinals. If Manning comes to AZ, and we address our OT need by drafting a stud, the 2013 #1 pick may not be very high... probably in twenties, hopefully #31 or #32 :)

But, I think the prices will be too high to move from #13 to #3.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Levi is so much better than Hutch at this point. Hutch is old news

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard