Very Good Article on Kyler

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As for the article, meh. Some good breakdowns in there, but the premise is flawed. LJ and KM are in such vastly different offenses there isn't much of a comparison past they're both mobile. Even Wagner said it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
As for the article, meh. Some good breakdowns in there, but the premise is flawed. LJ and KM are in such vastly different offenses there isn't much of a comparison past they're both mobile. Even Wagner said it.
Depends on what the Cards do in the off season.
Everybody talks about how the Ravens made the offense over last summer to match Jackson's skill set.

I'm guessing KK has some ideas. Hopefully the Cards will have a GM that can make it happen.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Everybody talks about how the Ravens made the offense over last summer to match Jackson's skill set.

I'm guessing KK has some ideas. Hopefully the Cards will have a GM that can make it happen.

The Ravens made the offense in the middle of last season for Jackson, then perfected it over the summer. KK is in no way, shape, or form the coach to build that kind of power-running system, nor should he be. I don't think KM would at all be suitable to it. I'm just crossing my fingers that KK can learn how to be a competent offensive coach in the NFL.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
One thing Wagner said that I thought was interesting in that earlier in the year Murray was going down a lot or running OB. Now he's choosing to stay upright more and try and gain more yardage. In the film clips it seemed some of the defenders were expecting him to slide which allowed Murray to gain additional yardage when he didn't. The defenders were trying to avoid getting a PF against them. Soon enough you will see defenders taking a whack at him since he is no longer giving himself up.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

The Ravens made the offense in the middle of last season for Jackson, then perfected it over the summer. KK is in no way, shape, or form the coach to build that kind of power-running system, nor should he be. I don't think KM would at all be suitable to it. I'm just crossing my fingers that KK can learn how to be a competent offensive coach in the NFL.

As Stout said the Ravens shaped the offense for Jackson over time. In the case of KK and KM this was supposed to be an offense that was ready to go and I think they found out the Air Raid offense in it's basic form was not NFL ready or viable, thus the move to more 11 and 12 sets. These sets also allowed more blockers for Murray than the 10 sets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson