Kyler will run the draft

volcardinal

Reaction score
I pray this will not happen OT is actually a strength of this team. According to PFFT Kyler wants Paris Johnson to be our #1 pick. If that happens I now realize why Monti and Johnahan got the job, they bowed down to MB and told him KM can be great.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would not be the worst draft pick in Cardinals history. When Fitz was in the draft people were like "Don't pick Fitz, we have Boldin!!!" And we were very bad at other positions. Obviously, it was the best draft decision in AZ Cardinals history.

But if we passed on Anderson and took PJ at #3, I would be disappointed.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Paris Johnson would be a very safe and solid pick for a team that does not draft well. I would have no issues with this

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hump is solid, not great, but might be starting to break down.
Beachum is serviceable.

If they're a strength of the team, it's only because we have a historically bad roster, not because they are a strength.

I hope we address the line in this draft if only because Kyler or our next QB need it, and this is the year to have rookie OL'men take their lumps.

That said, I hope it's day two, and then get a steal late.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The number 3 pick should most definitely not be used on an offensive lineman.

Just looked up the Kansas City Chiefs line, which is considered one of the best in football every year.

Here is a breakdown of where they drafted their offensive line players (or where players they traded for or signed were drafted by other teams, if drafted at all):

2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th, UDFA, UDFA, UDFA, UDFA.

Have looked this up in years past as well and surprisingly most teams' lines aren't chock full of top picks but mid to late round picks and undrafted players.

You have to have great line coaching and gather players who will play as a cohesive unit regardless of where they are selected.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Paris Johnson is my favorite O-Lineman in this draft and Skowronski is not far behind. Both have high floors but only Johnson has a ceiling as high as the two top defensive players.

With that being said, neither is the prospect that Anderson or Carter is. Trade back..... fine. At 3 or 4? Disappointing but understandable given my impressions of Monty and this organization.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I pray this will not happen OT is actually a strength of this team. According to PFFT Kyler wants Paris Johnson to be our #1 pick. If that happens I now realize why Monti and Johnahan got the job, they bowed down to MB and told him KM can be great.
I think PJ is a holding machine. From the tape I have watched he won't be able to get away with that in the NFL. Obvious passing downs the Umpire will already have their flag in hand. That said he sure appear to have that nasty streak I prefer in our linemen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If paris johnson were in prior drafts, what OTs would he be comparable to? Certainly not a wirfs, right?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You all are stuck with KM if we like it or not. No one would take a small QB at that price point. Even if a better QB is available in a draft we can't and shouldn't take him. Just live with Kyler, for better or worse, till next contract do us part. Build a great team around him in the meantime, so you can plug and play someone else down the line.