Updated Timeline

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
You guys take this thread too seriously. Its a conspiracy theory thread. Its a bit tongue in cheek. This is the thread to get out your tinfoil hat and let your imagination run wild.

You are probably right,

How many players have ever refused to play for certain teams, manipulated their draft spot to land on a team of their choosing, or stayed over seas waiting for the right opportunity?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are probably right,

How many players have ever refused to play for certain teams, manipulated their draft spot to land on a team of their choosing, or stayed over seas waiting for the right opportunity?

I can think of two Suns draft picks without even thinking about it. ;)

rocker

Reaction score
Doncic once again about the possibility of not playing in the NBA next season.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/acb/68...en-i-still-have-to-win-the-spanish-supercopa/

Add to this negative press, rumors that other teams will pass on Doncic... I think Duffy is really trying to get both of his young clients in Phoenix. In fact, he has already managed to write a successful story. Slovenia Euro Champion team of Duffy. BDA sports / BDA international clients:

Nesterovic - Secretary General

Head Coach - Kokoskov

Assistant Coach - Lakovic

Players -

Dragic
Doncic
Prepelic
Anthony Randolph

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what is the theory on why Gambo has been so openly hostile to Doncic (the only one spreading the bad scouting report)?
do you think he believes what he's saying or is he manipulating the situation for someone? who?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what is the theory on why Gambo has been so openly hostile to Doncic (the only one spreading the bad scouting report)?
do you think he believes what he's saying or is he manipulating the situation for someone? who?
Trying to create some neg pub on Doncic to drop him to a pick that the Suns could afford to trade for. A little negative pub make it easier for his agent to manipulate the draft.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't want to see the slightest chance that the Suns draft Doncic #1 over Ayton.

Just as most of the rest of civilization (other than Europe). :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess he’s being a mouthpiece for the Suns to get more fans onboard for Ayton. It would have zero impact on what other teams think though.

I have no idea what's crawling around in Gambo's mind but your idea sounds better than any of the other guesses I've come across.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess he’s being a mouthpiece for the Suns to get more fans onboard for Ayton. It would have zero impact on what other teams think though.

I think most Suns fans are already on board to draft Ayton but your idea makes some sense. Gambo does have inside knowledge on the Suns so why not use it.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is a good theory, but the issue with it is that Gambo started badmouthing Doncic before the lottery happened.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a good theory, but the issue with it is that Gambo started badmouthing Doncic before the lottery happened.

He could have warmed to the idea of Doncic if the Suns slipped in the lottery. He could have used Kokoskov's hiring to change his opinion. Then he'd be selling fans on Doncic as well as the new coach at the same time. Thankfully we got #1 so there's been no need for his opinion to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard