Updated Timeline

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Have you notices one name not mentioned anywhere by any Suns people?

Trae Young.

Doncic is just a smoke screen so McD can move up and grab Young.:shock:

Is this sarcasm? Honestly im not sure. Do not i repeat do not be suprised if this happens.
Were gonna move up n get him. Doncic is going to Sac. And people will be pissed

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That comment was about what it would take for BC to accept that McD was a GM who made his own decisions rather than Sarver's yes man. When it comes to Sarver, all he says is how our GM needs to tell him to go count his money so he can do his job or that the GM needs to approach other owners to get Sarver's role as managing partner revoked.
Ah ok. Got it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this sarcasm? Honestly im not sure. Do not i repeat do not be suprised if this happens.
It a conspiracy. They are all about wild and crazy speculation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really feel that McDonough is making the GM decisions? Or is it that he is Sarver's go-fer?

With our first ever #1 pick, this group has stumbled into success . . . unless they choose Doncic as #1.

I hope they don't blow it.

McDonough is the GM but Sarver does have veto power as does any owner.

The bright spot is that Sarver has been letting McDonough make the calls. Finally there is some stability with the Suns franchise. We make not like every decision the Suns make but there is basketball logic to it. I like how the Suns have prepared themselves to make a move this summer.

Another thing, I'm not quite sure about the concern for the Suns blowing it is overly necessary. McDonough is going to research the #1 pick much like he did the coaching search. He put the Suns in this position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone on this board would be pissed (maybe muggum) if we drafted Ayton and moved up for Trae.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McDonough is the GM but Sarver does have veto power as does any owner.

The bright spot is that Sarver has been letting McDonough make the calls. Finally there is some stability with the Suns franchise. We make not like every decision the Suns make but there is basketball logic to it. I like how the Suns have prepared themselves to make a move this summer.

Another thing, I'm not quite sure about the concern for the Suns blowing it is overly necessary. McDonough is going to research the #1 pick much like he did the coaching search. He put the Suns in this position.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad that McD is still the GM. A new GM would probably be micromanaged by Sarver. That seems to be his MO, at least it was with past GM's. Sarver was in the media more during GM changes so it seemed like he was more involved during the first year or two of new management running the team. McD has been around long enough that Sarver seems to trust him and the decisions he makes, for better or worse, which is how all GM's should be able to work. Sarver hasn't been around much, in terms of media presence, and when he is he seems to defer to McD when it comes to questions about basketball decisions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I'm glad that McD is still the GM. A new GM would probably be micromanaged by Sarver. That seems to be his MO, at least it was with past GM's. Sarver was in the media more during GM changes so it seemed like he was more involved during the first year or two of new management running the team. McD has been around long enough that Sarver seems to trust him and the decisions he makes, for better or worse, which is how all GM's should be able to work. Sarver hasn't been around much, in terms of media presence, and when he is he seems to defer to McD when it comes to questions about basketball decisions.

We agree. If McDonough was not retained, I believe the franchise would have experienced another period of instability.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s a good point, I’ll admit. I don’t like McD, but I think keeping him now is imperative. At least until the picks are made in this draft, and probably well beyond.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plot thickens. Now the Kings telling people they are not taking Doncic. So now, what is the price for the third or fourth pick?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lol, if I needed any more evidence that Bamba is one of the most likely busts in the draft it would be the Kings being really interested in him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"... and the Suns trade #1 pick to ATL for #3?"

Why would the Suns do that? Is being a moron a requirement for participating heavily in Twitter?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plot thickens. Now the Kings telling people they are not taking Doncic. So now, what is the price for the third or fourth pick?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This guy, Alex Kennedy, and Jordan Schultz are the worst. I'm convinced they make everything up. They've never been right.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which Suns players have been informally working out in Phoenix?

I'm hoping Payton might be one of them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know which Suns players have been informally working out in Phoenix?

I'm hoping Payton might be one of them.

Knight is playing with a trainer, I think, and Davon Reed. Pictures on his instagram. Glad to know he's able to play now. I'm not sure what his status is or what he can do but it looks like he's playing 1 on 1 or 2 on 2, which is good to see after his injury last summer.

Alan Williams liked the photo he put up also, not sure if that means anything.

Link to his instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/brandonknight/

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight is playing with a trainer, I think, and Davon Reed. Pictures on his instagram. Glad to know he's able to play now. I'm not sure what his status is or what he can do but it looks like he's playing 1 on 1 or 2 on 2, which is good to see after his injury last summer.

Alan Williams liked the photo he put up also, not sure if that means anything.

Link to his instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/brandonknight/

You must be registered for see images attach

Good stuff.

I heard mention awhile back, I believe from Bordow, there was a larger group of players working out in the off season but I couldn't find the information.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Whoa. You can really see some knotted mess on the left side of his knee. I expected it to look better than that after all this time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoa. You can really see some knotted mess on the left side of his knee. I expected it to look better than that after all this time.
I was going to comment on that picture. Maybe its just the lighting, but he looks like a crippled old war vet.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would guess that is just how his knee looks, or like JC says, the lighting. It's not in the right spot for an ACL surgery scar.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So can we get back to the Doncic to Phoenix conspiracy idea? Ayton and Doncic have the same agent. Bill Duffy, the agent involved has said that if he could manipulate things, he would get Doncic under Kokoskov again (who is or used to be a client of Duffy). Duffy is also Goran's agent and Duffy manipulated Goran toward Phoenix in the past.

Has anyone noticed who Aaron Gordon's agent is?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So can we get back to the Doncic to Phoenix conspiracy idea? Ayton and Doncic have the same agent. Bill Duffy, the agent involved has said that if he could manipulate things, he would get Doncic under Kokoskov again (who is or used to be a client of Duffy). Duffy is also Goran's agent and Duffy manipulated Goran toward Phoenix in the past.

There’s a better chance Dragic ends up in Phoenix. The Suns can’t get to 3-4 unless they’re willing to deal JJ. I think Luka either goes 2 or 5.

A U of A frontcourt is interesting but we’d need a vet PG or else everyone is still doing their own thing coaching upgrade or not.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, getting Luca without surrendering JJ + something like... #16, our pick next year, Buck's pick and probably another pick or 2 is a pipe dream.

We're all pretty unanimous that there are only a few players we'd even consider moving #1 for. The idea that another team is going to swap Luca, a guy also viewed as a potential super star, for some middling picks and TJ Warren is bonkers.

I'd guess the absolute minimum, even if Luca slid to #5, that we could get him for would be JJ and 2 first round picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see why people are that sold on Aaron Gordon. He's a decent player but nowhere near worth the max, which is what it will cost to get him from Orlando. From what I found Gordon's agent is Calvin Andrews also. Both he and Duffy work for BDA though. Even with a familiar agent, I don't think that's enough to make him a good fit here. He's a tweener forward who hasn't shown enough to warrant max money. His outside outside shot isn't that good and he may clog the lane for Ayton and others that try to drive.

Duffy has two other clients that might be on the Suns radar though, Darren Collison and Rajon Rondo. If Rondo didn't have attitude issues he'd be intriguing. Who knows if a 1 year deal would be a good route for them though. Here's a list of Duffy's players.

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Bill-Duffy/16

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
If Doncic doesn't work out for anyone and holds his position that he will not come to the NBA next season its possible.

It would be hard for a team to pass on Ayton, JJJ, Young, Bagley or Bamba for a player that doesn't want to be on the team and isn't going to play for a year.

It's unlikely but possible he could slide to 6. Seems like we could move to 6 with a combination of our expendable assets.

#16,#31,#59, with the Suns, Mil., Miami picks next year, Warren, Chris and Bender. The Miami pick and Warren being the least expendable.

If we want to continue with this dream we should discuss what it would take to move to six.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys take this thread too seriously. Its a conspiracy theory thread. Its a bit tongue in cheek. This is the thread to get out your tinfoil hat and let your imagination run wild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard