Twitter is Awesome

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Keeping up with whats going on is as easy as sitting next to my Ipad and watching the scroll. For all of those who havent jumped on the bandwagon, I would sign up just for reading purposes. Its now the quickest place to get all news, and with this machine gun offseason so far, its been worth its weight in gold.

Yes, sometimes going to quick will lead to bad reports (like Jurecki taking some fans commetn about Joseph going to Lions as the gospel and replying this morning) but overall its alot more bad then good. I have Urban, Mortenson, Jurecki, Sando, Schefter, Clayton, Lombardi, feeding me info every 20 seconds.

Am I missing anyone? With Retweets and these guys, I think I am getting most of the info as it happens but someone advise if there are others I should be keeping up with.

Besides Mulli ;)

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Yeah, I just started following a couple myself, Nick Piecoro, Mike Jurecki, and Jack MacGruder.

Jurecki just re-tweeted from Howard Eskin (Philly guy) that Kolb deal unlikely today, very likely tomorrow.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yeah, I just started following a couple myself, Nick Piecoro, Mike Jurecki, and Jack MacGruder.

Jurecki just re-tweeted from Howard Eskin (Philly guy) that Kolb deal unlikely today, very likely tomorrow.

Yup saw that. This is quickly becoming the only way to be plugged in.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I consider it like the Star mag by the check out stand. You just don't have to wait until the next issue. Get a life...

Yeah, well sometimes I read that too. Worse, sometimes I read the Enquirer!

(Have a friend who writes for the Enquirer. Dang. He makes BUCKS!!)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twitter = kinda lame.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I consider it like the Star mag by the check out stand. You just don't have to wait until the next issue. Get a life...

LoL, I have twitter but who the heck has time to be constantly checking that? plus, too much mis-information floating around. I'll wait for a reliable news source to confirm, thank you!

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive in a year or so well look back and at least half the people who think its pointless will have signed up. It's the evolution of technology. I think that people hear Twitter and they have a misconception of listening to what celebrities say or random people or like someone mentioned the Enquirer. I don't even see the parallel, but maybe that just how I leverage it?

Whats happened is it's now the first place to get news. So if you have guys like somers or schefter you are following, and they break the Kolb trade or a FA signing - it goes to Twitter first. All these reports you are getting off here on ASFN ....coming directly from Twitter. So basically your all eating up and chatting about the same info, your just getting it when one of the posters here decides to cut and paste.

And in the OP I failed to mention I have it running on a side screen - so no you don't have
to be checking it all the time. Its like the Espn ticker.

I guess owning a technology consulting firm makes me a little more assimilated to this kinda of stuff, but I'm frankly kinda shocked that there's so much negative reaction.

I figured an internet MB would have more people taking part I guess. Oh well!

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that I can talk trash to ex players

@Anthony_Becht @jayfeely quit bein a hater cuz u couldnt hack it in AZ Becht

he keeps bashin us

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I like that I can talk trash to ex players

@Anthony_Becht @jayfeely quit bein a hater cuz u couldnt hack it in AZ Becht

he keeps bashin us

LOL I said something to him too and he replied back to me and said "not hating bud. Just stating valid points"

Seriously where else am i going to interact with Anthony Becht about the Cards?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is that?

http://twitter.com/#!/badbanana

Some samples:

- China has blocked Twitter. Now 1.3 billion people will have no idea what I'm having for lunch.

- That Indian dinner was so authentic I think I hate Pakistan.
- Just skimmed through a bunch of @50cent tweets. Can't believe the guy's only been shot nine times.

Oh, wait, you were wanting reliable NFL news? Yeah, Twitter sucks for that. Just a bunch of rich guys with iPhones ...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive in a year or so well look back and at least half the people who think its pointless will have signed up. It's the evolution of technology. I think that people hear Twitter and they have a misconception of listening to what celebrities say or random people or like someone mentioned the Enquirer. I don't even see the parallel, but maybe that just how I leverage it?

Whats happened is it's now the first place to get news. So if you have guys like somers or schefter you are following, and they break the Kolb trade or a FA signing - it goes to Twitter first. All these reports you are getting off here on ASFN ....coming directly from Twitter. So basically your all eating up and chatting about the same info, your just getting it when one of the posters here decides to cut and paste.

And in the OP I failed to mention I have it running on a side screen - so no you don't have
to be checking it all the time. Its like the Espn ticker.

I guess owning a technology consulting firm makes me a little more assimilated to this kinda of stuff, but I'm frankly kinda shocked that there's so much negative reaction.

I figured an internet MB would have more people taking part I guess. Oh well!

I'm not sure that every new piece of technology is necessarily evolution. I signed up for Twitter when it first came out but for the life of me, I couldn't find a good reason to spend any time there. I don't want or need the most recent one line update on anything. I don't think Twitter signals the end of civilization or anything but it just holds no interest for me. And BTW, I've never cared for the ESPN ticker either. Different strokes and all that.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard