Travis Etienne

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's small at all. 5'10" is a reasonable size for a running back especially if he is around 220lb (he looks like it). His current draft EDP is 232, with a max of 182. He looks like a good low round pick.

Yeah I'm saying the 2 knocks on him from the experts are size and "long speed". What I mean by get small is he has that ability to slide through openings by contorting his body. I can't find it now but there was a quote from one of the Oregon coaches after he lit them up where he said some guys just have a knack for not getting hit squarely, he's one of those guys. I watched the Oregon game having not really seen the guy play before and I thought this kid is legit. Saw bits and pieces of other games saw his freshman stats and highlights etc.

3rd round is probably too early but we don't have a 4th so I'm hoping he's there in the 5th if we haven't picked a RB. I get why people like Etienne he's so explosive but I don't see the elusiveness.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really couldn't care less about his speed. Lot's of very good running backs with times in the 4.5's.

Speed is no good if you can't see where to use it or have the ability to avoid tackles. I really want to see his footwork drills.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Disgusted about keim talking to him?
Disgusted that Keim is not normally subtle when it comes to players he is interested in and taking a RB high in this draft would be a huge mistake IMO unless he works magic in free agency.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disgusted that Keim is not normally subtle when it comes to players he is interested in and taking a RB high in this draft would be a huge mistake IMO unless he works magic in free agency.

If it's in a trade back I am fine with it

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim will be scouting and talking to a lot of players. Means nothing, just gathering information.
Normally, lots of interviews take place at the Combine. That was cancelled this year so Keim and his staff are going to be on the road a lot at the Pro Days getting to know the players.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I hope we never draft a RB in the first or second round ever again. It’s been proven that for the most part, they last 3 years and then you get another one. The position is no longer that difficult to fill with UDFA’s.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I hope we never draft a RB in the first or second round ever again. It’s been proven that for the most part, they last 3 years and then you get another one. The position is no longer that difficult to fill with UDFA’s.

we say that alot, but-- in 2020 if you look at the top 10 RBs in terms of production:

1Derrick HenryTEN Round 2
2Dalvin CookMIN Round 2
3Jonathan TaylorIND Round 2
4Aaron JonesGB Round 5
5David MontgomeryCHI Round 3
5James RobinsonJAX UDFA
7Nick ChubbCLE Round 2
8Josh JacobsLV Round 1
10Melvin Gordon IIIDEN Round 1
11Ezekiel ElliottDAL Round 1

i can buy not using a 1st rounder -- but using a 2nd on a RB seems to work

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
U can use the second just if u have a couple of second round picks, we don't have, we have just 5 picks in the draft
I wouldnt use a second round pick for a RB this year
Is a deep class of Linemen and receivers and we need a young cb

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is a year where if the top 2 Cb's are gone, and the "blue chip" guys are off the board....I think I'm trading down and building a running game. Draft 2 Lineman and a Rb.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Etienne is the perfect fit for what we are trying to do on offense.

He doesn't solve the short yardage (3-1/4-1) situations though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Etienne is the perfect fit for what we are trying to do on offense.

He doesn't solve the short yardage (3-1/4-1) situations though.
I'm inclined to believe the short yardage is an easier fix than finding a real game breaking back. This offense could really hum with the right guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard