Timberwolves @ Suns 1-24-17

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shabazz is working the Suns over. Eddie Johnson cannot rave enough about him. At one point in the past there were rumors the Suns were trying to trade for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Suns leave Bledsoe in the game with 3 personal fouls and still in the 2nd quarter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The momentum in this game shifted on a horrendous call by Spooner. Apparently he wasn't watching the ball as Minnesota threw it directly out of bounds (never came within a foot of a Suns player). Everyone on Minnesota starts heading to the other end, most of them have already crossed the halfcourt line when that idiot calls it out on us. We protested but none of the other refs had a view of it so he stayed with his initial bogus call. The Wolves promptly went on a 17 -3 run.

Pisses me off. Even a blind ref should have realized what was going on when every Minnesota player reacted like that. A good team doesn't fall apart like we did but no one is calling us a good team. We may still win this but I think we were poised to blow them out if the right call was made. IIRC we had a 10 or 11 point lead and with possession we could have broken the game open.

It's still early but I hate that kind of incompetence and there's no excuse for a referee not paying attention to the ball in his area. Hopefully we'll find a way to go on another run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The momentum in this game shifted on a horrendous call by Spooner. Apparently he wasn't watching the ball as Minnesota threw it directly out of bounds (never came within a foot of a Suns player). Everyone on Minnesota starts heading to the other end, most of them have already crossed the halfcourt line when that idiot calls it out on us. We protested but none of the other refs had a view of it so he stayed with his initial bogus call. The Wolves promptly went on a 17 -3 run.

Pisses me off. Even a blind ref should have realized what was going on when every Minnesota player reacted like that. A good team doesn't fall apart like we did but no one is calling us a good team. We may still win this but I think we were poised to blow them out if the right call was made. IIRC we had a 10 or 11 point lead and with possession we could have broken the game open.

It's still early but I hate that kind of incompetence and there's no excuse for a referee not paying attention to the ball in his area. Hopefully we'll find a way to go on another run.

It was such an obvious call too. I thought someone would help straighten it out but it never happened.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to acknowledge Alan Williams who is always into the game and has a smile on his face. He has a great attitude.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was such an obvious call too. I thought someone would help straighten it out but it never happened.

This is when the need the replay to take effect. When each ref doesn't have a specific call, they need to go to the screens.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So many empty front row seats at this game. Man, crazy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is when the need the replay to take effect. When each ref doesn't have a specific call, they need to go to the screens.

I agree, why not review it if they don't see it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They need to have challenge flags like they do in the NFL.

Each coach gets one and if the coach incorrectly throws it, then he's out of challenges for the game. But if he gets it right then he can continue to throw the challenge flags until the refs finally officiate the game properly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to join Chandler in being aggressive. It would be great if Booker went off.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler is amazing.

Man, it hurts me to think of how different the Suns fate would have been had they had a center like Chandler during the SSOL days. I wanted them to desperately trade for Tyson back when he was with New Orleans but it never happened.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight comes out aggressive in the 3rd quarter and Len is taking advantage.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Karl Anthony Towns can't even get the post pass because of PJ Tucker.

That's honestly amazing. Tucker is like 6'6 and KAT is 7'0 + elite wingspan and athleticism.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There we go. Booker is hot.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker!!!

Has Booker been taken out of the game at all in the 2nd half? This kid must be gassed fatigue wise.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns pull this out, it will be all PJ and Booker. Bledsoe needs to show up

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bledsoe decides to play hero ball rather than feed the hot hand in Booker.

You can tell Booker was annoyed by him on that too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe decides to play hero ball rather than feed the hot hand in Booker.

You can tell Booker was annoyed by him on that too.

I saw that as well but the lane seemed to open and Bledsoe thought he could take it to the basket. Still a bad idea.