Timberwolves @ Suns Friday game thread 1-28-2022

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
How bad is the knee injury? Seems like he's been out for pretty much the whole year.

He had surgery on it at the end of last season, and then it started getting sore after playing on it at the beginning of the year, so they are just giving more time until the soreness goes away (which it doesn’t seem to be doing).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that's also why they are cancelling each other out for MVP.

We have an 18-game win streak and are on a 9-game win streak and what's the thing to do? Complain about Devin Booker scoring 27 points on 26 shots. He also shot 40% from 3. Not the best, but certainly not that bad either. We won, and we needed his points.

100% They are both excellently filling their roles.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Honestly do you even read posts you reply to? I just said he’s improved other areas of his game while pointing out his efficiency numbers not being as good. Good grief.
You have complained about him this entire thread. It's old. You say he's improved in other areas, but you don't bother talking about those.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse me, but he has learned it. He hasn't completely abandoned some of his goofy decision making, but he's a DAMN sight better than he was his previous 5 years.

I didn't say Booker hasn't learned or isn't better. Unfortunately you like to make strawman arguments.

Actually your last sentence agrees with what I said.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't say Booker hasn't learned or isn't better. Unfortunately you like to make strawman arguments.

Actually your last sentence agrees with what I said.
Please Main let's continue to generalize and accuse me of making strawman arguments. Complaining about Devin Booker during a 9-game win streak where he is our #1 score regardless of efficiency is just trying to find negativity. And his field goal percentage is relatively average over this streak. He had a couple bad shooting games but a couple really good ones too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please Main let's continue to generalize and accuse me of making strawman arguments. Complaining about Devin Booker during a 9-game win streak where he is our #1 score regardless of efficiency is just trying to find negativity. And his field goal percentage is relatively average over this streak. He had a couple bad shooting games but a couple really good ones too.

Again, you continue to use a straw man argument. It gets old.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You have complained about him this entire thread, and you know it. It's old.

The only thing I complained about Booker was his efficiency. It’s been really bad lately by his standards and the numbers back that up. He was finding guys that were hot then for some reason decided to go hero ball. I wasn’t the only one noticing it. As I mentioned he’s sharpened other aspects of his game and it’s why he’s an all nba player this year

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul and Devin Booker is what makes the Suns good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
The only thing I complained about Booker was his efficiency. It’s been really bad lately by his standards and the numbers back that up. He was finding guys that were hot then for some reason decided to go hero ball. I wasn’t the only one noticing it. As I mentioned he’s sharpened other aspects of his game and it’s why he’s an all nba player this year
I agree that he has played more hero ball of late, but I think that’s due to a number of guys being injured and Book feeling like he needs to carry more weight in the scoring department.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if Booker keeps repeating certain mistakes, posters are going to keep pointing them out (same as other players like Ayton). what's old is that no one can critique any aspect of Booker's game here without being bullied into silence. is criticism only allowed when the Suns lose or have a bad record? or when we offset a negative comment with compliments? -- boring

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
now, for a compliment, as required, to balance out my prior remarks:

the Suns keep winning because, overall, they're the smartest team in the nba
it's no coincidence that the other smartest team, the Warriors, have the 2nd best record

they keep closing out games by tightening up and making less mistakes late in games,
and, of course, Chris Paul leads the way with his experience and control

i'm still learning new tricks watching him work
particularly when towards the end, he stole the ball, waved everyone off, drove around the big man who followed behind him, and stopped short to get the over-the-limit foul

and then trash talked that Patrick Beverly devil on the bench (who hurt Paul's hand and snapped his head back with a push in the back during the playoffs -- which could have turned out like Jokic's foul on Morris that injured him for a month)

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I liked Monty's adjustment in this game. He had Booker playing the pg spot in the second half when CP3 sat. A whole season of it would likely be no better than it was a few years ago, but today it worked well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Monty's adjustment in this game. He had Booker playing the pg spot in the second half when CP3 sat. A whole season of it would likely be no better than it was a few years ago, but today it worked well.

I appreciate that Monty is doing everything he can to stretch the lineup while guys get healthy.

I also wish we had a 3rd string point guard that didn't suck so much that we can't trust him to be anything but an off the ball distraction. Even in the rare moments that we let Payton on the court we don't let him run plays anymore... which is good, but it is also bad...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also mentioned it elsewhere but Shamet taking on some point guard duties would really help the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns bench only scored 29 points but they were much needed with Jalen Smith having 10 points and 4 rebounds; Ish Wainright with 2 points and 4 rebounds; and Landry Shamet with 17 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists.

Suns keep doing it with 8 roster players and a player on a two-way contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sweet pass from Chris Paul to Bismack Biyombo. I'd hate to think where the Suns would be without him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A sweet pass from Chris Paul to Bismack Biyombo. I'd hate to think where the Suns would be without him.

You could take a number if point guards and we would still be very much in the mix.

This team is just loaded with talent

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's a behind the back pass, in traffic to a perfect spot for Biyambo to roll and jam it. a ridiculous, ridiculous play by CP3.