Timberwolves @ Suns Friday game thread 1-28-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home for three games playing the Timberwolves on Friday, Spurs on Sunday and the Nets on Tuesday.

Timberwolves are 24-23 and 7-3 in their last ten games. They play at the Warriors on Thursday.

Suns are 38-9 and have won eight straight games.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is 7 p.m. Arizona time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Beverly hurts someone again, keep your eyes out, I will be the fan who starts off by throwing a bottle then rushes the court and tries to gouge his eyes out with their keys.
I am kinda sure you just triggered some sort of internet alarm.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the Suns would at least get one of Ayton, Crowder or McGee back for the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the Suns would at least get one of Ayton, Crowder or McGee back for the game.
Same. That’s a very talented team coming in. I think the win streak gets snapped unless we get super hot from 3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. That’s a very talented team coming in. I think the win streak gets snapped unless we get super hot from 3.

The Wolves play at the Warriors tonight so I hope their back-to-back helps the Suns.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vanderbilt is picking up Steph full court. KAT is imposing his will. Minnesota’s issue isn’t talent, they just play silly basketball most of the time. But they’ve gotten better defensively. Gonna need the backcourt to do their thing again. If we control the pace, I like our chances.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am getting a post all star vibe

The Suns could be extra cautious about Ayton, Crowder and McGee so who knows.

I think if Crowder has his way he will be back soon. The same with McGee as I understand he wanted to play in the last game against the Jazz.

Ayton's ankle sprain might be more serious than initially thought.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am kinda expecting a loss in this one. We are just too depleted. I am getting concerned about Book and Paul's minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Angelo Russell's status might be in question for the game tonight. Nothing more as yet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns keep winnin time rollin

Want to see book bridges cam cp3 do awesom

Hopin for good outcome :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberwolves fall to the Warriors last night 124-115.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am kinda expecting a loss in this one. We are just too depleted. I am getting concerned about Book and Paul's minutes.
yeah, not feeling good about it either.

Especially if Towns uses his size against us.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah, not feeling good about it either.

Especially if Towns uses his size against us.
If Russell doesn’t play, the focus will shift on simply Ant and KAT. I wish Ayton were playing but excited for Biyombo to get an opportunity to play against one of the best scoring bigs in the league. Edwards is very streaky, especially from 3. If we can keep him away from the rim and force him into tough 2’s or contested 3’s that bodes well for us. We’re gonna need CP3 to control the pace and get KAT in pick and roll. We need to take more threes tonight and spread the floor. Cam Johnson is gonna have at least 3 triples (calling my shot) lol. If this game is close at the end, I like our chances. Just don’t fall behind to where we’re fighting uphill. Book, be efficient, aggressive and make the right play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
so, DA will have been out at least two weeks... again. and even when he gets healthy, will probably need two more games of conditioning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose