Thunder @ Suns Friday game thread 1-31-20

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a positive note, I am excited about Jalen Leque.

anybody that can throw dunks down like he did tonight has got to be a useful player at some point.

actually if Johnson is hurt, I would start giving him a few minutes.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
can we get a team psychologist to talk about their inability to win at home? It's like clockwork with these m************. road game, they look focused. home game they look like lost puppies

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The SECOND we get our hopes up with this team they let us down time and time again. I looked at this game as a must win. Now it seems we are in a hole to oblivion. Tired of suspensions, injuries, choke jobs, and false hopes! Yes our win total has exceeded last years pace but after TEN years of BS we need much more. Plus its seeming for every player we have with a strength they have some fatal flaw to their game. I guess I have to remind myself this team is young....again and again and again....ugh!!!!!!

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think they call that poking the bear. Sometimes it’s just better to be quiet.

I believe sometimes fans of the local team are too hung up on individual player awards/recognition when the prize is to WIN the game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they call that poking the bear. Sometimes it’s just better to be quiet.

I believe sometimes fans of the local team are too hung up on individual player awards/recognition when the prize is to WIN the game.

I doubt...

Nah...

I am unequivocally certain that Paul didn't get a peep of this during the game.

Now, did he catch onto the crowd booing him repeatedly during the first 2 quarters? That is perhaps more likely.

Even so, we beat ourselves tonight, as we so often do. The Suns offense fell apart in the final couple minutes, missing and/or passing on good looks.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I doubt...

Nah...

I am unequivocally certain that Paul didn't get a peep of this during the game.

Now, did he catch onto the crowd booing him repeatedly during the first 2 quarters? That is perhaps more likely.

Even so, we beat ourselves tonight, as we so often do. The Suns offense fell apart in the final couple minutes, missing and/or passing on good looks.

Even if he didn’t directly catch that pop up(which I think could have easily been relayed to him) there’s a thing called karma man....

And it’s a b****!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Stupid booing Paul.

Ayton seemed like a shell of his Dallas self.

Difference of playing against Porzingus /Stein and Adams/Noel? Whatever, he needs to find the WAY! Not having Saric available contributed to giving up 16 OR's, imo.

Poor shot selection at the end once again. Can't give up 6 pt. leads at the last three minutes, but OKC seems to do it with regularity.

Wouldn't that be nice to be on that end for a change?! We need some vets to dress, or a reinforcement up front.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stupid booing Paul.

Ayton seemed like a shell of his Dallas self.

Difference of playing against Porzingus /Stein and Adams/Noel? Whatever, he needs to find the WAY! Not having Saric available contributed to giving up 16 OR's, imo.

Poor shot selection at the end once again. Can't give up 6 pt. leads at the last three minutes, but OKC seems to do it with regularity.
Book also had a couple good looks that he bricked.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, I am excited about Jalen Leque.

anybody that can throw dunks down like he did tonight has got to be a useful player at some point.

actually if Johnson is hurt, I would start giving him a few minutes.

Suns need to figure out what they have in Lecque like the Thunder have found out what they have in Dort.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Suns need to figure out what they have in Lecque like the Thunder have found out what they have in Dort.
Well Jerome looks like he's figuring out things better. There has to be some sort of trade before they'd bring him up, mtl. Is he better than Okobo yet at this point? Give him a shot I guess. We need another point guard right?!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Jerome looks like he's figuring out things better. There has to be some sort of trade before they'd bring him up, mtl. Is he better than Okobo yet at this point? Give him a shot I guess. We need another point guard right?!

Okobo seems to have fallen out of favor of late. With all the injuries the Suns could bring up Lecque without trading or waiving anyone. He is on their 15 man roster.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You could see the impact of the All-Star snub this game, especially down the stretch with Booker.

Mark my words. This is the beginning of the end of Booker as a Sun.
I love the leadership that Devin Booker has brought to our Suns. And I hoped he would have made the All Star game.

But looking at his place as an NBA super-star, let's be objective.

Devin Booker is a super-star scorer. As a distributing Shooting Guard, he has too many turnovers.

As a closer, he has missed too many end-of game shots. As a defender, he is mediocre.

That is the "what". The "why" unfortunately doesn't change it.

Robert Sarver and his puppy dog GM's have used Devin. Wear him out, then they'll throw him away.

I agree with you that Devin looking for greener pastures is inevitable, and probably getting closer.

As a Suns fan, I am disappointed. As a Devin Booker fan, for his sake, the sooner the better.

He deserves the chance to be on an NBA team whose priority is winning. That is not a guess about
the Suns. When is the last time they made the post-season? When is the last time they had the
balanced roster it takes to accomplish that?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love the leadership that Devin Booker has brought to our Suns. And I hoped he would have made the All Star game.

But looking at his place as an NBA super-star, let's be objective.

Devin Booker is a super-star scorer. As a distributing Shooting Guard, he has too many turnovers.

As a closer, he has missed too many end-of game shots. As a defender, he is mediocre.

That is the "what". The "why" unfortunately doesn't change it.

Robert Sarver and his puppy dog GM's have used Devin. Wear him out, then they'll throw him away.

I agree with you that Devin looking for greener pastures is inevitable, and probably getting closer.

As a Suns fan, I am disappointed. As a Devin Booker fan, for his sake, the sooner the better.

He deserves the chance to be on an NBA team whose priority is winning. That is not a guess about
the Suns. When is the last time they made the post-season? When is the last time they had the
balanced roster it takes to accomplish that?

Might as well trade him now, while we can still get something of value for him. If we end up taking an Anthony Davis or Paul George type package for him, this team, with its lack of talent and James Jones's inability to draft, would likely flirt with a five-or-less-win season...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hold on on trading Booker. I think we can all agree guys that put up the numbers Booker is putting up are hard to get. We finally get that guy in PHX, and now we trade him? I say make him play his contract out. Anyone we trade for that we think can be better, they have contracts that give them some protection on where they get traded. You think they will come to PHX if Booker wants out? We have to try and win while we have him here. Period.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hold on on trading Booker. I think we can all agree guys that put up the numbers Booker is putting up are hard to get. We finally get that guy in PHX, and now we trade him? I say make him play his contract out. Anyone we trade for that we think can be better, they have contracts that give them some protection on where they get traded. You think they will come to PHX if Booker wants out? We have to try and win while we have him here. Period.

As Booker's frustrations continue to mount, and as he continues to search for relevance he will never find in Phoenix, his value will only go down. My point isn't to get rid of Booker. It is to recognize the inevitability of his departure and get value for him while we can, while at the same avoiding the bad publicity of his likely trade request in the future...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As Booker's frustrations continue to mount, and as he continues to search for relevance he will never find in Phoenix, his value will only go down. My point isn't to get rid of Booker. It is to recognize the inevitability of his departure and get value for him while we can, while at the same avoiding the bad publicity of his likely trade request in the future...
He is so young, he will be in his prime if and when we do trade him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is so young, he will be in his prime if and when we do trade him.

So was Anthony Davis for the Pelicans. A lot of good that did them. They would have received a much greater haul had they traded him two years earlier...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We are beginning to hear from Devin the signs of his frustration with the Suns.

He held back for a long time. I commend him for giving it a chance, and do not
condemn him for seeing the writing on the wall.

Unless there are major changes at the top, it will be the same-old same-old.
Devin has the intelligence to realize that.

Look at how long Dolan has ruined the Knicks. And how long Sterling ruined
the Clippers. And, even then, it took racist comments to force him out, not
his mismanagement.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

his mismanagement.
He is in the FIRST year of his extension. Give it a rest. With this nonsense and the talk that it was Kobe's fault his helicopter crashed, I'm starting to worry about you BC.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

his mismanagement.

The current Suns have already surpassed the longest ever playoff drought under Dolan, and they are about to tie the Clippers drought at the beginning of Sterling's ownership. This futility is approaching historic proportions.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He is in the FIRST year of his extension. Give it a rest. With this nonsense and the talk that it was Kobe's fault his helicopter crashed, I'm starting to worry about you BC.
Thanks for your concern, Chap. Really! I can't hold back posting what I feel.

Which, the majority of the time, is in response to a different point of view.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard