This game will be a treatise of KK's offensive "genius".

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by phillycard, Oct 16, 2020.

1. phillycard

phillycard Registered

I've spoken many time about my distaste for Kingsbury's "wait and see" approach to game management. This game..... national tv, on the road, against a hated by many opponent, versus a miserable defense will at least for me either expose or lend credence to him as an offensive guru and even as a head coach. I've yet to see a team be stopped by Dallas' defense and the Browns (with a lot of similar talent on offense as us) did whatever they wanted to, whenever they wanted to. I want to be confident going in, but I'm terrified (again!) that we will blow the chance to build something nice out of this season, with an opportunity to smack the Hags around and perhaps lay some claim to the division. So much hinges on this game, that I just don't like to think of all that can go wrong. Either get your team ready to play and exploit a defense akin to a sieve or go do something else.

Big D, Mainstreet, mjb21aztd and 3 others like this.
  2. FB94

FB94 Registered

Excited for Monday night, and I hope both K1 and KK don’t over think the moment. Both are from Texas so I hope KK doesn’t outsmart himself, and K1 doesn’t try to do to much.

phillycard and mjb21aztd like this.
  3. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I believe Kingsbury will revert to his prior habits unfortunately.

4. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

TBF with LVE they held the Rams to 20 points.

They also havent given up a 300 yard passing game all year. Its the run game thats given them problems (outside of last week)

Tough to tell what Kliff will do.

PACardsFan and mjb21aztd like this.
  5. DVontel

DVontel Registered

.....Okay.

6. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

You don't have to be a guru to move the ball against Dallas. But there is no denying two things:
    1. Dallas has a good offense.
    2. We have a bad defense.

Game should be high scoring with TO's and Penalties deciding. JMO.

Mainstreet and PACardsFan like this.
  7. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

Once again...our offense's success is more dependent on Kyler Murray's execution than it is on Kliff's playcalling.

8. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

Disagree.

It depends on Kliff's ability to adjust.

Chris_Sanders and Proximo like this.
  9. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

I see it being posted, but we are middle of the pack in yards and a top 5 scoring defense thus far. Granted I don’t think the scoring defense is quite accurate, but I think we are much more of a mediocre defense than a bad one.

Goldfield and dreamcastrocks like this.
  10. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

no question about this

11. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Yeah, I don't think it's accurate at this point to say we have a bad defense.

However, we have not played many good offensive teams up to this point, so it's kind of hard to know.

Bottom line about this game - and really almost for every game this year - how kyler plays is 90% of the reason we win or lose.

12. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Its not so much the play calling that's key it's the game plan. Does he have a plan that exposes the weaknesses of Dallas and defends their strengths?

That's what I want to see from Kliff this week. If he goes into this game like the Panthers and doesn't run Kyler and throws everything short then he's a fool.

Considering Nolans experience and the fact the Dallas D has been garbage I'm expecting a simplified zone defense. Is Kliff?

13. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

If Kliff calls that Panthers game again, Cardinals wouldnt win with Russell Wilson

14. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

This...

what are we preparing for (all week) and can we adjust when they do something different?

Also I watch a lot of young QBs have success under center and find big gainers (simplified reads).

Sometimes we have to mix in under center stuff to help get the running game going and get those big passing plays.

Its like the play call to Daniels last week. It allows you to take advantage of teams trying to stop the run.

15. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

I am pretty sure Russ would have hit a wide open Larry Fitzgerald and thrown the ball with enough arc that Andy Isabella could have run under it instead of having to stretch for the catch. In both the Lions and Pantehrs game there were too many missed plays for me to throw it on the play caller. I feel like this debate hinges on whether you feel NFL QBs are treated like High School QBs or not. Kyler has multiple options on every pass play and the ability to audible as well. He controls whether or not the ball is pushed down the field or just dumped off short.