THE WAY OF THE GUNN - DCU’S NEW ERA

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's the problem in a nutshell. You have people who feel Margot is a no brainer for Harley, people who think Gal is a no brainer for WW and people who feel Henry still is a no brainer for SM. The DC fanbase is as split as ever right now.
Don't quite agree about HC, as is well-documented, mainly because they are going to skew younger with the character.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't quite agree about HC, as is well-documented, mainly because they are going to skew younger with the character.
I wasn't trying to get you to agree but there is a huge contingent of DC fans that still want him in the role and feel the same way you do about Gal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely agree. Peacemaker is probably my favorite comic book based show.
I was shocked how much I liked this show because I absolutely detest Suicide Squad 2 with a living passion. Peacemaker was the only good thing to come out of that movie.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. You must really, really hate the first one.
Not a great film either but there is a difference. The first one was just not a great story. Different villains and better script and it could have been really good. For me the fist one did have some good moments. The second one was complete garbage on so many levels I don't know where to start. The patched together explanation of it being an alternate universe...no wait....the character is different...no its an alternate universe....well it's not a sequel or a reboot......cliche 3rd world bad guys....the the appearance of Patrick Star from Sponge Bob at the end (yes know what the character was supposed to be). Easily my least favorite Gunn project.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not a great film either but there is a difference. The first one was just not a great story. Different villains and better script and it could have been really good. For me the fist one did have some good moments. The second one was complete garbage on so many levels I don't know where to start. The patched together explanation of it being an alternate universe...no wait....the character is different...no its an alternate universe....well it's not a sequel or a reboot......cliche 3rd world bad guys....the the appearance of Patrick Star from Sponge Bob at the end (yes know what the character was supposed to be). Easily my least favorite Gunn project.
Ah, I remember this discussion. Let's agree to not rehash it then, eh?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score