THE WAY OF THE GUNN - DCU’S NEW ERA

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't get this "reboot"

At this point Gunn isn't saving DC. It's like sending a good player to the Browns and expecting them to still be good. ;)

On some level that analogy is true because he has to reinvent the entire culture, not just with the studio but with the fans as well.

If anyone can do it, it's him

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
On some level that analogy is true because he has to reinvent the entire culture, not just with the studio but with the fans as well.

If anyone can do it, it's him
As my buddy who's a huge Browns fan always says "You don't change Cleveland, Cleveland changes you."

I like both Gunn and Gadot as WW but the way things have gone so far is a muddy mess as far as reboots go with them keeping some movies/actors while cutting others. This really feels like the Browns or Keim doing a rebuild to me.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As my buddy who's a huge Browns fan always says "You don't change Cleveland, Cleveland changes you."

I like both Gunn and Gadot as WW but the way things have gone so far is a muddy mess as far as reboots go with them keeping some movies/actors while cutting others. This really feels like the Browns or Keim doing a rebuild to me.
I’m confused. I thought most of you guys wanted not to totally rebuild, but keep what worked and change what didn’t? Gal’s Wonder Woman was really one of the only characters who was widely beloved and made major moolah at the box office, and he’s keeping the Peacemaker crew who were also universally loved by critics and fans alike. Wouldn’t surprise me if he kept Margot Robbie too.

what he’s not keeping is the drab Superman/Batman that failed to ever light the world on fire.

I’m fine with that as Bats and Supes need to be KNOCKOUTS, IMO to be successful. Batfleck brought too much baggage and Synder sucked too much life out of Superman.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I’m confused. I thought most of you guys wanted not to totally rebuild, but keep what worked and change what didn’t? Gal’s Wonder Woman was really one of the only characters who was widely beloved and made major moolah at the box office, and he’s keeping the Peacemaker crew who were also universally loved by critics and fans alike. Wouldn’t surprise me if he kept Margot Robbie too.

what he’s not keeping is the drab Superman/Batman that failed to ever light the world on fire.

I’m fine with that as Bats and Supes need to be KNOCKOUTS, IMO to be successful. Batfleck brought too much baggage and Synder sucked too much life out of Superman.

I wanted one of two things:
1. Keep Cavill, Gadot, and Momoa and reboot the franchises. This was my preferred because I liked all 3 in the roles but feel they got screwed by Snyder.
2. Complete rebuild. Everyone gone and starting from square one.

What it looks like we're getting is exactly what I didn't want and that's a piece-meal solution. Keeping Gadot while canning the rest doesn't make sense to me. I really think they needed to go with one of the two and this hybrid between them is going to keep DC a muddy mess.

Thinking about this some more while typing I'm actually leaning more toward the 2nd option now due to the logistics of it. All 3 actors are great for the roles but we're running into the Elba as Bond issue with age. Gal is the youngest of them and realistically she's going to be 40 by the time we see another WW movie. If the DCEU takes off the way they'd like it to (MCU style) then they're all going to be in their mid-50s or more by the end. It might be smarter to go with younger actors all the way around and lock them in.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted one of two things:
1. Keep Cavill, Gadot, and Momoa and reboot the franchises. This was my preferred because I liked all 3 in the roles but feel they got screwed by Snyder.
2. Complete rebuild. Everyone gone and starting from square one.

What it looks like we're getting is exactly what I didn't want and that's a piece-meal solution. Keeping Gadot while canning the rest doesn't make sense to me. I really think they needed to go with one of the two and this hybrid between them is going to keep DC a muddy mess.

Thinking about this some more while typing I'm actually leaning more toward the 2nd option now due to the logistics of it. All 3 actors are great for the roles but we're running into the Elba as Bond issue with age. Gal is the youngest of them and realistically she's going to be 40 by the time we see another WW movie. If the DCEU takes off the way they'd like it to (MCU style) then they're all going to be in their mid-50s or more by the end. It might be smarter to go with younger actors all the way around and lock them in.
I think there’s a chance you get Mamoa also. If that’s the case, 2/3 ain’t bad?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Don't freaking mention Peacemaker at this point. It's the best freaking thing to come out of DC in forever and "the way of the Gunn" back-burnered it until 2025 at least...and that was before the strike. I am very salty over that.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't freaking mention Peacemaker at this point. It's the best freaking thing to come out of DC in forever and "the way of the Gunn" back-burnered it until 2025 at least...and that was before the strike. I am very salty over that.
Time is but a flat circle at this point, my boy. 2025 will be here before you blink!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Good lord Dwayne. That million bucks was aces but no reason to continue acting like a jackass with this nonsense.

You didn’t get a sequel because your movie sucked and was a bomb.

When was this videoed? First thing I thought, is are they supposed to be talking about projects now?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only they realized Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is as much a no-brainer as this.
That's the problem in a nutshell. You have people who feel Margot is a no brainer for Harley, people who think Gal is a no brainer for WW and people who feel Henry still is a no brainer for SM. The DC fanbase is as split as ever right now.