The Richard Sherman Doug Baldwin Protest

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Couple things, first I am not (as many of you know) a Richard Sherman fan, like, at all, and I hate the over priced Beats By Dre fashion statements he peddles to all those poor kids in Compton. But that took some balls man, some serious balls. Sherman didn't just say certain things, he said some certain things if you know what I mean. Attacking the NFL with the alcohol revenue facts, that's crazy, it's true as hell but it's crazy to bring up on the podium the NFL set up for someone to talk on.

Secondly, I think they know a fine/punishment is imminent. Richard Sherman sells all kinds of garbage on twitter every day, shirts, hats... friggin bracelets?? So it's a hypocrite attacking another hypocrite when it comes to making that money, but is that what they were protesting? Maybe they did it for team unification?? That would do the trick. Whatever the case, I wonder what the big guy is going to do about it.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a bunch of @&$)ing babies! If part of your job is to speak with media for a few minutes which is for the fans who pay your ridiculous salaries then just do it! We have all had job where you have uniforms or certain rules that you follow as part of your job, and you do it. If I have a side job like peddling beats for dee I don't do it when I'm on the clock from my real full time job! These babies are ridiculous, wag wah I don't want to talk to media.... Then go get a different job you jerkoffs cry me a river some people have to work their whole live to make what you do in a few months!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sherman is a loudmouth idiot and will and should be fined, if one of U.S. publicly blasted our company in front of millions we would have no job! These entitled athletes think their above the rules and should be able to do whatever they want.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I actually think Sherman brings up valid points. The NFL is down in the publics scorecard already, add this in and it just makes it worse. I also don't get how Richard Sherman selling things makes him a hypocrite. Did he ever say he's against NFL players making money on twitter?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What are we talking about here? I missed it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What are we talking about here? I missed it.

Me too. OP should provide a link.

At first I thought he was talking about the Ferguson-Mike Brown verdict protests.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually think Sherman brings up valid points. The NFL is down in the publics scorecard already, add this in and it just makes it worse. I also don't get how Richard Sherman selling things makes him a hypocrite. Did he ever say he's against NFL players making money on twitter?

OK so I just googled it and saw the interview and I agree with this post.

I don't understand how anyone can disagree with him unless your just disagreeing with him because he's a loudmouth who plays for a rival team.

Every point he brings up is valid and he does a great job demonstrating it as well.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Couple things, first I am not (as many of you know) a Richard Sherman fan, like, at all, and I hate the over priced Beats By Dre fashion statements he peddles to all those poor kids in Compton. But that took some balls man, some serious balls. Sherman didn't just say certain things, he said some certain things if you know what I mean. Attacking the NFL with the alcohol revenue facts, that's crazy, it's true as hell but it's crazy to bring up on the podium the NFL set up for someone to talk on.

Secondly, I think they know a fine/punishment is imminent. Richard Sherman sells all kinds of garbage on twitter every day, shirts, hats... friggin bracelets?? So it's a hypocrite attacking another hypocrite when it comes to making that money, but is that what they were protesting? Maybe they did it for team unification?? That would do the trick. Whatever the case, I wonder what the big guy is going to do about it.

Agree Dawg... They also hit on the hypocrisy of the NFL "caring for the well being of the players", but forcing Thursday Night games...
I hate Sherman, but he was spot on...

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK so I just googled it and saw the interview and I agree with this post.

I don't understand how anyone can disagree with him unless your just disagreeing with him because he's a loudmouth who plays for a rival team.

Every point he brings up is valid and he does a great job demonstrating it as well.

I too agree with Sherman - and even though he plays for a hated rival I like him.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Part of the contract of getting paid millions of dollars to play in this league is to promote the league. And while we're at it, Lynch should get fined again for that stupid locker room performance after the game Sunday.

For the people doing their jobs in that press room, yes they got a story. They got a story about idiot players taking digs at their source of money (while conveniently dropping a ton of endorsement mentions for their own benefit).

I hope the NFL dumps some more fines on them. Campbell's Soup wants to reimburse him? Great. Their loss.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Nope. Part of the contract of getting paid millions of dollars to play in this league is to promote the league. And while we're at it, Lynch should get fined again for that stupid locker room performance after the game Sunday.

For the people doing their jobs in that press room, yes they got a story. They got a story about idiot players taking digs at their source of money (while conveniently dropping a ton of endorsement mentions for their own benefit).

I hope the NFL dumps some more fines on them. Campbell's Soup wants to reimburse him? Great. Their loss.
Why didnt the league fine bellicheat for the on to Cincinnati thing. If anyone should be fined on a weekly basis its him.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
Why didnt the league fine bellicheat for the on to Cincinnati thing. If anyone should be fined on a weekly basis its him.
Yeah. They should have. Same principle. If the commish can make judgment calls on personal conduct, and he can make judgment calls on severity of hits during games, then he can make judgment calls on sincerity during press conferences. There is no difference between skipping a press conference and simply saying nothing during it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I believe Lynch was fined $100,000.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Right or Wrong.

They are 7-4, in the playoff hunt, and this seems rather selfish, and a distraction.

Pull this stunt in the offseason.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right or Wrong.

They are 7-4, in the playoff hunt, and this seems rather selfish, and a distraction.

Pull this stunt in the offseason.

I actually think it does the opposite, it puts them against the world, which usually brings the team together.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I actually think it does the opposite, it puts them against the world, which usually brings the team together.

If I am in that locker room, I would be rolling my eyes to the back of my head, just sayin'

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I am in that locker room, I would be rolling my eyes to the back of my head, just sayin'

Why? They had their teammate's back and called out the NFL on some of the obvious hypocrisy in the process.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why? They had their teammate's back and called out the NFL on some of the obvious hypocrisy in the process.

What hypocrisies? They get 45% cut from the sponsors that sponsor the NFL. He also gets money from Beats. So Sherman is taking from both companies and living the good life. Why the hell would any of them complain. :bang:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What hypocrisies? They get 45% cut from the sponsors that sponsor the NFL. He also gets money from Beats. So Sherman is taking from both companies and living the good life. Why the hell would any of them complain. :bang:

I think it's hypocritical for the NFL to say they care about player safety, and then have them play Thursday night games. I think it's a shame that they'd even consider going to 18 games as well, but that's not part of the discussion.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
I believe Lynch was fined $100,000.
Lynch was fined $50,000 for not showing up for the press conference. In addition, a $50,000 fine that had been conditionally set aside last year was enforced. But to be a baby and act the way he did (avoid the fine by showing up, but stick it to the man by being unresponsive) tells me he's just throwing another hissy fit. Fine him again, or people like Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin will make a mockery of a press conference.

Nobody is intentionally trying to make life miserable for these guys. They just want to reward fans who, ultimately, pay their salaries by giving the fans little morsels of information. It's not much to ask, yet these guys, who signed contracts that promised their cooperation, think it's too much to ask.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Lynch was fined $50,000 for not showing up for the press conference. In addition, a $50,000 fine that had been conditionally set aside last year was enforced. But to be a baby and act the way he did (avoid the fine by showing up, but stick it to the man by being unresponsive) tells me he's just throwing another hissy fit. Fine him again, or people like Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin will make a mockery of a press conference.

Nobody is intentionally trying to make life miserable for these guys. They just want to reward fans who, ultimately, pay their salaries by giving the fans little morsels of information. It's not much to ask, yet these guys, who signed contracts that promised their cooperation, think it's too much to ask.

I'm not at all supporting Lynch's behavior. Totally cool with the fines for those types of actions...
The issues of Budweiser being the top (or near the top) sponsor of the league is an issue... as well as the Thursday Night games.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's hypocritical for the NFL to say they care about player safety, and then have them play Thursday night games. I think it's a shame that they'd even consider going to 18 games as well, but that's not part of the discussion.

That part of it is true and I agree with you on it. The other issue, sponsorship, they just need to stop whining about it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Football players if they want can be role models but their job description sure the hell is not. It is about knocking the crap out of someone. Sherman does not make me mad, he makes me laugh because I know a football player's main attribute is not role model or public speaker. They play on the field with just 11 guys against 11 other guys and it is search and destroy. I love what someone like Campbell does for the community but if he did not, I would not have a vast alternate opinion of him because my interest in him is that he wrecks havoc for my favorite football team. If this whole role model and talking to the press meant so much where it really counts, than a guy like Feely whose kickoffs sucked would still be on the team because he was an incredible social and community oriented guy