The Tooth Fairy

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please explain how you would have any idea what intangibles Gabbert does or does not possess? Same with Stanton?

Poor word selection, has all the measurables you look for in a QB I should have said. But again from what I have seen throws a more accurate and easier catchable ball than DS. Look the point is we know DS sucks so of course people want to see BG. If he sucks he sucks, but DS has been here forever and Arians freaking gushes over the guy and he still can’t run the offense worth a crap! At least with Gabbert there is a chance, maybe a small one that he could mature into a system and live up to his draft slot. To say since he sucked in Jacksonville and SF both of whom were miserablely disfuctional at the time, is not reason enough for everyone to say this kids talent went away. DS was NEVER in his life considered a franchise QB, BG should get a fair shake and our season is garbage anyway with all the injuries so we should be evaluating. I simply don’t see an argument for Stanton to play it’s just goofy to not evaluate other players, this goes for young guys all around the team, they should all get more playing time!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This team is fine! It’s on pace for the same record as last year’s team, and people convinced themselves that we were going to compete for the division this year!

There’s no reason to kick the tires on Gabbert. He’s had plenty of time to show what he is—a historically terrible starting QB. Stanton’s completion percentage is low because he throws every pass 15 yards downfield. If he dumped the ball off to Ellington for 4 yards on 3rd and 18, he could get his completion percentage up, too.
:lmao: "This team is fine!" - I bet you couldn't say that with a "straight face"!

As for Stanton, I've seen him miss throw those 4 yard outs into the dirt at Ellington's feet; or too high, or too wide for the receiver to even make a play on. . .

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought/think Gabbert played well enough in pre season to have a look at now. I thought that he played/looked better than Stanton. I personally think he should get a chance now and see how he does. Give him a shot, can't hurt, I don't think.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I get what K9 is saying, Gabbert hasn't proven in his other two stops that he can elevate the team's offense or even keep it at a steady keel. You would have a hard time arguing that. I guess what you have to ask yourself is, was it the systems he was in or poor coaching/offensive scheming or is he just bad. I would like to see him play just from the curiosity factor. If he fails here then bid him adieu. If he flourishes then maybe we end up with a decent spot starter/backup.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I don't think having Gabbert in there would stop all of the drops, or block some defensive line. I thought Stanton was alright. Was very disappointed in the receivers -- very bad performance from that group.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gabbert...pre season...

No. Just stop. I want to see him play too, but in an almost Nihilistic way. He gives us our best chance to see 1) exciting football, and 2) a top 10 draft pick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92