The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
the US finally scores, Pepi followed by a great Antonee Robinson goal.

Edit: Reyna adds a third

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watching the game versus T&T the US has been up a man for about 40 minutes now and can’t score a freaking goal. Tillman was awful, Gregg at least recognized it and took him out for Pepi, Paredes had a couple of moments but Aaronsen is the better player and should have started IMO.

I guess this really shows how much this team needs Pulisic and Weah.
Also shows that Berhalter should still be gone. Yeah, we scored them late. Sounds dire until then, though, and trouble scoring is a trend.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Really flat through around 65-70 minutes.

Just no idea on how to open up a structured defense - even one a man down

The changes helped, they started to run them, get them wide, stress them and finally got some chances to fall. Before that they weren't even creating chances.

Gregg still not inspiring.

Some up and down performances.

I think Robinson & Dest stood out and were really involved

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Start Balogun and Pepi up top on Monday.

I didn't realize until the game how important that was, the US has to reach the semi-finals to qualify for Copa America (even though we are hosting)! They played the game like a friendly for the majority of the time.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Dest is an idiot, what an immature, unprofessional display to kill any chances of winning. His teammates were furious and rightly so.

Berhalter isn’t blameless either but Dest is the villain of the day.

Lucky to qualify for Copa America

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Dest is an idiot, what an immature, unprofessional display to kill any chances of winning. His teammates were furious and rightly so.

Berhalter isn’t blameless either but Dest is the villain of the day.

Lucky to qualify for Copa America

Yeah, completely unhinged.

CONCACAF officiating is awful - this isn't new

If you most blow a gasket, do it 88 minutes into a friendly

Don't leave your team hung out on a bad field in unpleasant weather and then also suspended for the semi - just inexcusably stupid

I thought there was missed opportunities for tactics as well - there is going to be runners they need to go into these awful environments and break down teams and get wins

Going to 10 didn't help with that either

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Keep expectations low - this team isn't doing anything of note with Gregggg in charge.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Embarrassing. They know the situations are bad in concacaf. no excuses. I still blame Greg. Matt turner could throw the ball in the back of his own net and I would blame Greg at this point.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The US team has always had problems creating quality scoring chances in the final third and even when they do, the finishing is dicey. This team hasn't had a quality finisher in years and Greg boy hasn't figured out either how to find one or develop one in 5 years so I don't suspect he is suddenly going to discover how to do that.

Pulisic was supposed to be that guy and he has disappointed so far. Everyone else is just a guy who happens to find a little hot streak once in awhile only to fizzle out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The US team has always had problems creating quality scoring chances in the final third and even when they do, the finishing is dicey. This team hasn't had a quality finisher in years and Greg boy hasn't figured out either how to find one or develop one in 5 years so I don't suspect he is suddenly going to discover how to do that.

Pulisic was supposed to be that guy and he has disappointed so far. Everyone else is just a guy who happens to find a little hot streak once in awhile only to fizzle out.
It felt like maybe they were starting to figure things out before they brought Greg back. The performance against Mexico in Las Vegas is one of the best games I’ve ever seen them play from an attacking standpoint.

And as far as last night. Sure one can easily blame dest. He is dumb and beyond petty for doing that. But Greg did not have them prepared for a difficult road match. Maybe they thought they would go in there and everything would be easy for them. At a place where they were once eliminated from WCQ. They should have made a statement and they failed. I think this is a trend for greg not being able to manage his players and select the correct group.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
OT: Next Goal Wins

There's adjacent relevance to U.S. Soccer in this movie. It was a goofy little one. Fun, a bit endearing, short enough that it didn't come on too strong. It was also uneven and not one of Waititi's strongest, but a fun one time watch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gio Reyna to Nottingham Forest on loan. :championship

His parents are sharpening their axes. haha lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
2026 sites and dates announced today

New York/NJ will host the final rightfully beating out dfw. But Jerry gets 9 WC matches which is the most of any city. I do think it’s funny that people in DFW thought they got the final because someone leaked a fake announcement about a month or so ago. Now a lot of people there are salty about it. I hate that their stadiums are in Arlington.

Opening match will be Mexico vs. TBD at estadio Azteca. Great choice IMO! I hope they draw a tough opponent and lose. Not counting on it.

Canada will open in Toronto

USA will open in LA, then play a game in seattle, then close the group stage in LA. I would love to go to either of the three USA matches. Probably Seattle.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Gio Reyna to Nottingham Forest on loan. :championship

His parents are sharpening their axes. haha lol
I wish him the best. Capt obvious says he needs to play. I don’t know that it will be any easier for him in the PL given his injury history. His dad did have a lot of success at city.

Stout

Reaction score
2026 sites and dates announced today

New York/NJ will host the final rightfully beating out dfw. But Jerry gets 9 WC matches which is the most of any city. I do think it’s funny that people in DFW thought they got the final because someone leaked a fake announcement about a month or so ago. Now a lot of people there are salty about it. I hate that their stadiums are in Arlington.

Opening match will be Mexico vs. TBD at estadio Azteca. Great choice IMO! I hope they draw a tough opponent and lose. Not counting on it.

Canada will open in Toronto

USA will open in LA, then play a game in seattle, then close the group stage in LA. I would love to go to either of the three USA matches. Probably Seattle.
Man, USSF can shove it, putting all their group matches on the left coast.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I wish him the best. Capt obvious says he needs to play. I don’t know that it will be any easier for him in the PL given his injury history. His dad did have a lot of success at city.
I wish he ended up somewhere else...Forest has lots of good attacking options already.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, go Italy, England or Brazil. Then USMNT I guess because DCR said I have to like them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm taking my son (8 yrs old) to his first pro soccer game on Saturday for Austin FC's opener against Kansas City. This will also be my first time seeing Austin FC in person.

Hopefully he enjoys it. Last year I took him to a Round Rock Express game (Texas' minor league team) and he was bored out of his mind.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my son (8 yrs old) to his first pro soccer game on Saturday for Austin FC's opener against Kansas City. This will also be my first time seeing Austin FC in person.

Hopefully he enjoys it. Last year I took him to a Round Rock Express game (Texas' minor league team) and he was bored out of his mind.
Need snacks, Dad!