The Market 2021

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are so attentive to daily swings. I'm a buy and hold type and don't have the fortitude to do daily trading.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are so attentive to daily swings. I'm a buy and hold type and don't have the fortitude to do daily trading.

I'm mostly a buy and hold too. I just keep an app open showing me numbers all day while I'm sitting at my computer working. I've been doing that mainly due to a couple stocks like GME being so crazy. Plus I want to have an idea of what's going on for days like today when I get extra cash to put into something.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm only hyper attentive due to some call options, holdings with volatility like GME and AMC and then just seeing what new buys did. The new buy comment is just for fun kind of joke but I do open my yahoo watchlist every day on my computer because...why not? I have empty screen that might as well show the market :)

I have a stop order for GME at 210, will be trailing it upward if it continues to climb and will not be removing it. LAst harrah.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my GME stop today was at $203. It got down to $204 before going back up to 210. That was thrilling. Glad I'm still in. Hopefully stimmies boost it more tomorrow so I can raise my stop.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm officially squeezed out of GME. Was a fun ride.

Kept tempting going further on AMC and putting it off. stonk going up

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will watch a stock sit stagnant for weeks and decide this is the dip and its okay to buy and immediately when I buy, it will have the largest downswing it had had over those weeks. works every time. If anyone ever wants to make huge money on puts, just convince me to buy the stock.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of an ETF that is "cash only dividend" and does not allow automatic dividend reinvestment? I'd never encountered that before but I have one ETF in my portfolio that I can't change--called the brokerage and said the ETF won't allow it. I can still buy shares without the auto-DRIP but it just seems weird to not have that option.

It's a Fidelity Fund too not some obscure ETF company.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of an ETF that is "cash only dividend" and does not allow automatic dividend reinvestment? I'd never encountered that before but I have one ETF in my portfolio that I can't change--called the brokerage and said the ETF won't allow it. I can still buy shares without the auto-DRIP but it just seems weird to not have that option.

It's a Fidelity Fund too not some obscure ETF company.

What ETF is it?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It's a fairly new fund, but I'm that's puzzling.

Yeah, never came across that before regarding dividends. I even tried googling "cash dividends only" or "DRIP restrictions" and stuff along those lines and could find nothing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I will watch a stock sit stagnant for weeks and decide this is the dip and its okay to buy and immediately when I buy, it will have the largest downswing it had had over those weeks. works every time. If anyone ever wants to make huge money on puts, just convince me to buy the stock.

Heh, that sure sounds familiar. I managed to pull off that trick with BUD, of all stocks, a couple of months ago. It's still nowhere close to recovering.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1616163465"><a href="
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
">Visual representation of what happens when I buy any stock.</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets">r/wallstreetbets</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cathie wood thinks TSLA 3k by 2025. Wild.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Cathie wood thinks TSLA 3k by 2025. Wild.

The big TSLA fanboy at work posted all excited about this earlier. While I'd love to see it since I'd make a killing on it, this seems like fantasy land to me. They'd have to release something crazy to justify a $2.8T cap. Unless Elon is planning something like doing a stock buyback of like 70 or 80% of the shares. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson