The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus 500,000 charging stations

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/biden-infrastructure-plan-ev-rebates-charging-stations/

it calls for point-of-sale rebates when buying a new electric vehicle and includes funding for 500,000 EV charging stations.

Point-of-sale rebates would, frankly, be a huge deal. Effectively, the US government would allocate funds for car buyers purchasing a new EV. Today, buyers can take advantage of a $7,500 federal tax credit for qualifying electric cars and plug-in hybrid vehicles. But they don't see the reimbursement until they file taxes the following year -- and only if they paid more tax than the credit. Direct rebates would make EVs cheaper for all buyers right as they sign on the dotted line. The White House fact sheet didn't specify how much it targets for each rebate, or if we'll see a sliding scale like the child tax credit system. It's also not clear if the rebates would coexist with the $7,500 tax credit, or if this plan would replace the current system.
man. I hope its not a sliding scale!

I'm only interested in a tesla right now, a cybertruck, so the foreign thing wont matter to me (or my tsla stock really)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMC holding a vote May 4th for the right to introduce 500million new shares and dilute the share pool.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
There is one big catch, however. The program would only apply to American-made EVs. If, say, an automaker builds an EV in Europe and sells it at a US dealership, it's a no go. So far, it appears a foreign automaker building an EV in the US would still qualify and this wouldn't be an exclusive benefit to US automakers.

Good. I hadn't seen that yet but I was hoping that they did a clause like that. I don't want to see the US prop up NIO or the other Chinese EV makers. The US tax payers should be boosting the US jobs and companies. We already export enough money.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. I hadn't seen that yet but I was hoping that they did a clause like that. I don't want to see the US prop up NIO or the other Chinese EV makers. The US tax payers should be boosting the US jobs and companies. We already export enough money.

Agreed. US Tax incentives for US Products

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AMC holding a vote May 4th for the right to introduce 500million new shares and dilute the share pool.

right we’ve known about this for a month now, if given the yes this doesn’t mean they will issue 500 million more shares it’s just they could issue more in the future if they wished.

as I understand it when you go through this process there needs to be an audit and that’s when all those BS shares that are being traded and don’t really exist will need to be accounted for. Idk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right we’ve known about this for a month now, if given the yes this doesn’t mean they will issue 500 million more shares it’s just they could issue more in the future if they wished.

as I understand it when you go through this process there needs to be an audit and that’s when all those BS shares that are being traded and don’t really exist will need to be accounted for. Idk
I have a call option at 10.80 breakeven that doesn't expire until like Sept on top of my 383 shares so fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite the swing on AMC today. 15% increase put me ITM already. Hoping to get up to 14 or so as it has in recent weeks before selling

Riley analyst set $13 target - bullish

Although the market didn't like AMC Entertainment Holdings' (NYSE: AMC) plan to dilute existing shareholders by issuing 500 million shares of new stock to pad its savings account, at least one analyst on Wall Street apparently isn't concerned. B. Riley Securities analyst Eric Wold upgraded the movie theater operator from neutral to buy and nearly doubled his price target on the stock to $13 per share from $7 per share. It's been two years since AMC Entertainment traded at a price level so high (if you ignore January's Reddit-fueled mania), and it was on its way down back then.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quite the swing on AMC today. 15% increase put me ITM already. Hoping to get up to 14 or so as it has in recent weeks before selling

I think it’s hilarious Cinemark is going for 23 bucks but AMC is at 10. The numbers just don’t add up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious Cinemark is going for 23 bucks but AMC is at 10. The numbers just don’t add up.
Cinemark Market cap is 2.7B, AMC is 5.32B. I made this mistake as well. Cinemark has 118 million shares, AMC 450 million. So, AMC is valued much higher regardless of the price per stock.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Senate and house trades now being tracked and placed online.

https://senatestockwatcher.com/

https://housestockwatcher.com/

Interesting for market purposes but also, when things like covid are coming, they have closed door meetings and then churn a bunch of stock while telling us not to worry, this can help see what they are actually doing. For potential financial gain but also indicators of what the govt is really up to.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Senate and house trades now being tracked and placed online.

https://senatestockwatcher.com/

https://housestockwatcher.com/

Interesting for market purposes but also, when things like covid are coming, they have closed door meetings and then churn a bunch of stock while telling us not to worry, this can help see what they are actually doing. For potential financial gain but also indicators of what the govt is really up to.

yeah no reason they shouldn’t be locked up over all that. That’s about as insider as it gets

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

“We’ve asked our shareholders to give us permission to add 500 million more shares, not that we will use any of that anytime soon”

He knows...he knows

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With how amc paid it's ceos, I don't have huge faith in them not enacting the shares. When is this quote from? I hadn't seen AMC cozy up any way like gamestop has with the kitten on the moon shirts and whatnot.

Edit. Just saw the interview and the talks of a stock for stock takeover of cinemark. If this dude blows the stock up we're going to be in real nice shape.

My call option doesn't expire until september....

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=18212108

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

should have sold it while ITM. Figured it would go higher. was at about $11 and now below $9 lol. At least I have until september.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm up over 100% on Doge, I bought over 16000 "coins" a month ago for $1000.

thats awesome. My investment is small too. My buddy was telling me to sell last night but with such a small investment, my whole intent was to just try to ride a wave. Doge coin is not finite like bitcoin and I dont think should ever be anything major but with the amount of influencers it has, there is still huge potential to ride it out. Crypto is only worth what the people decide its worth and for something like that, it can become super valuable even if it doesnt make sense IE: gamestonk in January.

I cant imagine what will happen when schwab, etrade and their ilk all say green light for buying btc and doge

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Microsoft like a month ago and it is becoming a good friend of mine. That thing just slowly crawls upward all the time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you diversified in personal investing or just playing AMC outside of retirement funds for fun?

yeah I have a 401 and 4 pensions

oh this is just pure fun for me and my little brother. He’s in for 1200 bucks. Pretty much our daily text involve the Suns and AMC.

it’s funny cause he just had a baby in November so my wife will ask me hey did you talk to your brother today how’s the baby. Uh yeah I talked to him idk didn’t ask about the baby I assume she’s ok he just keeps telling me the hedgies can’t kill his vibe

lol he’s way younger(23)

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
COIN IPO is today. IPO price is $250. We'll likely see prices in the secondary market well above $350 once they release it to the masses.

If you really want it, there's a good chance you can snag it in the days to weeks that follow once some of the initial demand and hype subsides.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I have a 401 and 4 pensions

oh this is just pure fun for me and my little brother. He’s in for 1200 bucks. Pretty much our daily text involve the Suns and AMC.

it’s funny cause he just had a baby in November so my wife will ask me hey did you talk to your brother today how’s the baby. Uh yeah I talked to him idk didn’t ask about the baby I assume she’s ok he just keeps telling me the hedgies can’t kill his vibe

lol he’s way younger(23)

Thats awesome :)