The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad I got out of most everything lately. What a bloody red mess my watchlist is.

even my toe dips into CCIV, RBLX are sinking heavily but I planned those to be longs along with my TSLA so I'm not worried about it. Most other stuff was short holdings or long ETFs but the ETFs have been gutted since I left them a month ago.

I've been reading about ARK and like the idea of it but I am hesitant to buy anything right now due to markets, economy and personal finances.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
glad I got out of most everything lately. What a bloody red mess my watchlist is.

even my toe dips into CCIV, RBLX are sinking heavily but I planned those to be longs along with my TSLA so I'm not worried about it. Most other stuff was short holdings or long ETFs but the ETFs have been gutted since I left them a month ago.

I've been reading about ARK and like the idea of it but I am hesitant to buy anything right now due to markets, economy and personal finances.

Yeah, this has been ugly for my portfolio. Haven't sold much yet but a couple of my bigger holdings are almost at their floor. Something like CCIV I'm just going to stay holding since it's a long for when Lucid starts producing. I bought in so early too that I'm still up like 40%.

The only buy I've done lately is I took a small gamble earlier today on IPOF since it dropped below $11. Only like 150 shares. I might move a little more into it though. I'm thinking it's a fairly safe bet right now. It basically has a floor of $10 but could shoot up if Chamath announces the merger.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this has been ugly for my portfolio. Haven't sold much yet but a couple of my bigger holdings are almost at their floor. Something like CCIV I'm just going to stay holding since it's a long for when Lucid starts producing. I bought in so early too that I'm still up like 40%.

The only buy I've done lately is I took a small gamble earlier today on IPOF since it dropped below $11. Only like 150 shares. I might move a little more into it though. I'm thinking it's a fairly safe bet right now. It basically has a floor of $10 but could shoot up if Chamath announces the merger.
ive largely ignored anything he is doing after he hyped up some stocks and then totally bounced on them once the price increased.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
ive largely ignored anything he is doing after he hyped up some stocks and then totally bounced on them once the price increased.

Yeah, I don't listen to his hype on anything. He's closed some good companies though and IPOF is his biggest money SPAC. So I'm really looking at it more from a risk/reward standpoint with how bad the market is right now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
darn. GME went down SO much, I was hoping for more as if it got closer to the 40 range, I was going to climb back in on a long term investment. I think them getting rated as a $175 stock ruined that as its back up over 40%! today. It's hard to take a long on it when current price target is 175 and its already close along with how it swings so wildly. Under $100 I would consider, not $150. could be a dumb move but oh well.

edit: yep. The bulls came charging after that price target:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another 1000 into AMC this morning sitting at 594 shares now

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like they were a targeted pump stock due to heavy shorts and then announced they would add 3 billion in new stock offerings.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
potential 10k pur purchase EV credit being announced in new infrastructure plan under Biden admin today. 4:20pm EST.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Uh oh. :eek:

Straight from the UK. When the british start hyping up a digital currency....watch out below! :p

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Thoughts on ArkX? Some interesting holdings... not sure how some of these are space related...

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/holdings/ARK_INNOVATION_ETF_ARKK_HOLDINGS.pdf

I had been thinking about it when it was announced but have held off since I didn't care for the holdings list when it came out earlier in the week. I wanted it to be all space related and not have things like Netflix or Alibaba in it. I've been hoping that was just spots to park money for opening so I'm waiting to see. Looks like the NFLX % has already dropped. I'm waiting for an announcement to cause another stock to pop, when that happens I'll probably take some gains and move it over.

BTW, that holdings list was for ARKK, the ARKX one is https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fu...XPLORATION_&_INNOVATION_ETF_ARKX_HOLDINGS.pdf

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had been thinking about it when it was announced but have held off since I didn't care for the holdings list when it came out earlier in the week. I wanted it to be all space related and not have things like Netflix or Alibaba in it. I've been hoping that was just spots to park money for opening so I'm waiting to see. Looks like the NFLX % has already dropped. I'm waiting for an announcement to cause another stock to pop, when that happens I'll probably take some gains and move it over.

BTW, that holdings list was for ARKK, the ARKX one is https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fu...XPLORATION_&_INNOVATION_ETF_ARKX_HOLDINGS.pdf

Yeah I think I’ll wait on this too. Its too bad Spacex isn’t public yet ... Id like to dip my toes into the Space “space” at some point

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see how we can have a space ETF with so little space companies to invest in right now. I havent invested in any ARK stocks. I did look at them and found a lot of them have a lot of TSLA and so do I so I thought it wasnt really something worthwhile since it would not diversify my holdings.

I did finally decide to learn about bitcoin and crypto a bit. I ended up downloading krakken and some other stuff and then it got super confusing and I went to bed. If I could buy straight up BTC on schwab I would have bought it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yeah I think I’ll wait on this too. Its too bad Spacex isn’t public yet ... Id like to dip my toes into the Space “space” at some point

Yeah, I wish they were public. I had hoped at one point that Chamath might pull a rabbit out of his hat with them and IPOF but they're valued way too high for that now.

I dont see how we can have a space ETF with so little space companies to invest in right now. I havent invested in any ARK stocks. I did look at them and found a lot of them have a lot of TSLA and so do I so I thought it wasnt really something worthwhile since it would not diversify my holdings.

I did finally decide to learn about bitcoin and crypto a bit. I ended up downloading krakken and some other stuff and then it got super confusing and I went to bed. If I could buy straight up BTC on schwab I would have bought it.

Easiest way to buy it is with the Cash app. Super easy if you're already using it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they were public. I had hoped at one point that Chamath might pull a rabbit out of his hat with them and IPOF but they're valued way too high for that now.

Easiest way to buy it is with the Cash app. Super easy if you're already using it.

I do not. I do have a robinhood account and it has it. I could transfer money there and it would become available in like 5 days. I was interested in investing in actual bitcoin and a small investment in dogecoin. It seemed as though, I could then move small amounts of each to a usable account and move the large chunks onto a hardware device for long term keeping. Once I finally took a moment and learned about what BTC is, how it works and what it is doing....I was pretty much immediately sold. Only problem is, the fees for using it are not regulated and tend to be mroe expensive. However, at its growth rate, buying and hodl seems like a good idea.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I hold ARKG and was going to get ARKX, but Wood's fawning over TSLA makes me nervous, so I think I've changed my mind on ARKX. (ARKG does not have any TSLA.)

FYI, ARKX doesn't have TSLA either. It's ARKK that's heavy into it.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hold ARKG and was going to get ARKX, but Wood's fawning over TSLA makes me nervous, so I think I've changed my mind on ARKX. (ARKG does not have any TSLA.)
Yeah I have ArkG in my port as well. I also dislike the heavy weight towards Tesla in the other Ark funds. I do have a small position in Tesla that I bought right after the 5-1 split mostly for FOMO reasons... so no point in double dipping with basically a Tesla ETF

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
potential 10k pur purchase EV credit being announced in new infrastructure plan under Biden admin today. 4:20pm EST.

Plus 500,000 charging stations

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/biden-infrastructure-plan-ev-rebates-charging-stations/

it calls for point-of-sale rebates when buying a new electric vehicle and includes funding for 500,000 EV charging stations.

Point-of-sale rebates would, frankly, be a huge deal. Effectively, the US government would allocate funds for car buyers purchasing a new EV. Today, buyers can take advantage of a $7,500 federal tax credit for qualifying electric cars and plug-in hybrid vehicles. But they don't see the reimbursement until they file taxes the following year -- and only if they paid more tax than the credit. Direct rebates would make EVs cheaper for all buyers right as they sign on the dotted line. The White House fact sheet didn't specify how much it targets for each rebate, or if we'll see a sliding scale like the child tax credit system. It's also not clear if the rebates would coexist with the $7,500 tax credit, or if this plan would replace the current system.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is one big catch, however. The program would only apply to American-made EVs. If, say, an automaker builds an EV in Europe and sells it at a US dealership, it's a no go. So far, it appears a foreign automaker building an EV in the US would still qualify and this wouldn't be an exclusive benefit to US automakers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose