The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big boys trying hard to tank GME and AMC both were riding the wave then BOOM.

did they freeze GameStop?

it froze several times, yeah

I have a buddy who bought at $300 during the first peak. He continued to hold and when it got back over $300 again, I convinced him to put in a trailing stop. He basically broke even now.

Nice. Did he buy back in now at a lower cost? lol. I bought way too high like that, averaged down and then sold some shares to break even on the high buys.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That drop from 346 to 198 was insane, lol. Back up to 265 right now and still up for the day. GME on the SSR list now.

Edit: spoke too soon. Falling and at 237 right now

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That drop from 346 to 198 was insane, lol. Back up to 265 right now and still up for the day. GME on the SSR list now.

Edit: spoke too soon. Falling and at 237 right now
Still holding support. There were some open 'gaps' to fill and it looks like it did that along with resuming it's uptrend. These quick moves down with quick recovery usually indicate bullishness.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so your 19 year old niece says she wants to learn stocks. Advice?

I could give her a list of some companies to consider but I think she's probably better off in an index, something that tracks the DOW, Nasdaq or S&P and of the 3 I'm thinking S&P like VOO which is a vanguard S&P ETf

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so your 19 year old niece says she wants to learn stocks. Advice?

I could give her a list of some companies to consider but I think she's probably better off in an index, something that tracks the DOW, Nasdaq or S&P and of the 3 I'm thinking S&P like VOO which is a vanguard S&P ETf

Total US market indexes like VTI or ITOT are common suggestions I make for newbies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Total US market indexes like VTI or ITOT are common suggestions I make for newbies.

I told her sister to tell her to buy GME, but buy it last week (-:

She's in college and I guess she's gotten interested. I tend to buy more individual stocks than indexes but I think for a beginner an index is probably safer. If she had a few thousand bucks I'd give her a list of stocks from Motley Fool or something and say buy and hold but I don't think she has that much because she's in college.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

She's in college and I guess she's gotten interested. I tend to buy more individual stocks than indexes but I think for a beginner an index is probably safer. If she had a few thousand bucks I'd give her a list of stocks from Motley Fool or something and say buy and hold but I don't think she has that much because she's in college.

I was going to say to just give her a link to WSB and tell her to do what ever they're talking about ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to say to just give her a link to WSB and tell her to do what ever they're talking about ;)

About 18 months ago my GF and I took the 3 sisters out to Sushi in Elk Grove and we started talking finance. None of them had any of that in school and this one then I think 18 was the most interested. She's really good she's been selling her clothes on instagram for a couple of years, maybe 3, she often buys clothes at a Thrift store in Elk Grove and then sells them online for more than she bought them.

She saved up a few thousand dollars to help towards her tuition.

We lived there for about a year at the time I had major knee surgery so I was basically homebound and half the time they saw us I was on my laptop monitoring stocks because I wasn't working so I was actively trading. I think that's why she asked me and not her dad for help.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If she wants to invest in single stocks. Peter Lynch's One Up on Wall Street would be a good read. It's from the late 80's so it may be a little dated but he implores investors to invest in what they know and gives a lot of good common sense approaches.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. Ba keeps moving. I still think we're close to an upside for them based on historical factors however as the airline industry booms out of covid it could go haywire for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 6 yr old is playing roblox right now on my xbox account, these games offer SO many ways to spend money. I have to sit and monitor this one as she's on my login and it has access to my credit card. I definitely see how they make so much money as if a kid had robux on their account and they can nickle and dime to see where people are hiding in freeze tag, they'll blow that free to them fake money real quick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My 6 yr old is playing roblox right now on my xbox account, these games offer SO many ways to spend money. I have to sit and monitor this one as she's on my login and it has access to my credit card. I definitely see how they make so much money as if a kid had robux on their account and they can nickle and dime to see where people are hiding in freeze tag, they'll blow that free to them fake money real quick.

Exactly. Thankfully our boys only had one $20 episode where we essentially told them if it happened again, even a little, all electronics out the door. It’s never happened again. They may beg and plead for robux or v-bucks (Fortnite) but if we don’t give them, they don’t mess up (throw a tantrum? Sure, but won’t spend the $$$). Of course at 9 and 10 they’re a little better at understanding the rules than a 6 year old.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At open tomorrow I’ll be at 537 shares of AMC now

to the Moon boys

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At open tomorrow I’ll be at 537 shares of AMC now

to the Moon boys
I've been wishy washy on Adding more to amc. I have 383 shares now and last I looked it's short interest was very low in comparison to when it became a BANG stock. What makes you so confident? I expect it to go up more but I haven't been expecting a moon

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been wishy washy on Adding more to amc. I have 383 shares now and last I looked it's short interest was very low in comparison to when it became a BANG stock. What makes you so confident? I expect it to go up more but I haven't been expecting a moon

Im bored

This is like Vegas for me

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im bored

This is like Vegas for me
Well yeah, just figured maybe you had seen some indicators. I know when the BANG first started there was more shorts on amc than there are now. I think a lot of heavily shorted stocks retreated when gme started going off. I profited off a call option and still own 383 shares but I haven't felt like it had big enough potential to dump more into it. I even checked call options today and they're quite pricey.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well yeah, just figured maybe you had seen some indicators. I know when the BANG first started there was more shorts on amc than there are now. I think a lot of heavily shorted stocks retreated when gme started going off. I profited off a call option and still own 383 shares but I haven't felt like it had big enough potential to dump more into it. I even checked call options today and they're quite pricey.

yeah I think it was early this week I looked at call for GME for like 300-350 and it was around 4K

as far as AMC even if it doesn’t go to the moon I kind of see a perfect storm for the company. The country is opening back up just in time for summer blockbuster season. The way I see it I think they are going to have a big summer and see a huge surge. I’m going to make money I think it’s just a matter of how much.

what can I say, I LIKE THE STOCK

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I think it was early this week I looked at call for GME for like 300-350 and it was around 4K

as far as AMC even if it doesn’t go to the moon I kind of see a perfect storm for the company. The country is opening back up just in time for summer blockbuster season. The way I see it I think they are going to have a big summer and see a huge surge. I’m going to make money I think it’s just a matter of how much.

I feel you. I have lukewarm sentiment as far as I think the company income will improve dramatically over the next 9 months however they are buried in debt and I've always preferred harkins if I go to the movies. I'm in with you but probably holding out on further investment.

I'm Soon To liquidate BA, sometime this year. Once I do that...I've already left my etfs, should be out of gme and amc both....all I'll have left is tesla and a fear to dive into anything too volitile with my tendies. Maybe in a few months etfs will be calm again. Even tsla I'm torn on if I stay long on at this point, especially if it gets back to 1k. I do think the cybertruck is going to be a BIG hit and the semi is around the corner. I'm super bullish on the company but my stock bullish goes up and down.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel you. I have lukewarm sentiment as far as I think the company income will improve dramatically over the next 9 months however they are buried in debt and I've always preferred harkins if I go to the movies. I'm in with you but probably holding out on further investment.

I'm Soon To liquidate BA, sometime this year. Once I do that...I've already left my etfs, should be out of gme and amc both....all I'll have left is tesla and a fear to dive into anything too volitile with my tendies. Maybe in a few months etfs will be calm again. Even tsla I'm torn on if I stay long on at this point, especially if it gets back to 1k. I do think the cybertruck is going to be a BIG hit and the semi is around the corner. I'm super bullish on the company but my stock bullish goes up and down.

oh me and my wife prefer The Alamo theatre's. Smaller cleaner got food and drinks. I like to bid on the silent auctions they have in the lobbies to. Smaller boutique kind of chain.

I think Tesla is a fraud. From everything I’ve read the cars are hardly profitable and they rank dead last in quality.

Nobody is buying that truck not at least at any real rate. Truck guys are by far the hardest group to win over. If your a Chevy guy it’s probably cause your dad was a Chevy guy same with Ford. I think Tesla is going to get ate up by the big automakers once they start entering the electric vehicle race. The new Mustang was pretty much solely responsible for like a 12% dip in Tesla’s share the last month. The electric F150 is on the way. I don’t see a bright future for them. The whole business model is a fraud IMO.

now the company I plan on sinking a ton of money into is Rivian when they go public in September. Got the Ford and Amazon contracts already in hand. Amazon wants all there vans electric by 2025.

but I have made a ton of money working on the Tesla plant in Fremont CA so thank you Elon

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booming!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh me and my wife prefer The Alamo theatre's. Smaller cleaner got food and drinks. I like to bid on the silent auctions they have in the lobbies to. Smaller boutique kind of chain.

I think Tesla is a fraud. From everything I’ve read the cars are hardly profitable and they rank dead last in quality.

Nobody is buying that truck not at least at any real rate. Truck guys are by far the hardest group to win over. If your a Chevy guy it’s probably cause your dad was a Chevy guy same with Ford. I think Tesla is going to get ate up by the big automakers once they start entering the electric vehicle race. The new Mustang was pretty much solely responsible for like a 12% dip in Tesla’s share the last month. The electric F150 is on the way. I don’t see a bright future for them. The whole business model is a fraud IMO.

now the company I plan on sinking a ton of money into is Rivian when they go public in September. Got the Ford and Amazon contracts already in hand. Amazon wants all there vans electric by 2025.

but I have made a ton of money working on the Tesla plant in Fremont CA so thank you Elon
The whole business model is a fraud? Pumping out evs to boost the market? Fraud is an odd word for it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought aal was peaking and sold at 21.50. oops.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole business model is a fraud? Pumping out evs to boost the market? Fraud is an odd word for it.

well more that I think Elon is a fraud. He’s pretty much failed at everything he’s ever done and Tesla’s car division isn’t really profitable and the quality is dead last. He’s won’t be the best he was just first in my opinion

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA