The Cards Sure Fooled Us

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When Kyler returns and if he stays healthy there probably won't be any Tune time. I just don't see any reason for NOT playing him.
I don't see any reason to play him.

Better outcome? Likely not.

Development? I'd rather he plays in a more refined offense.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
i think the first few games gave us hope that the offense was going to be competent enough to make up for a bad defense and win some games

but clearly --

losing Connor has hurt
teams are catching up to what Dobbs can do and cant
teams are catching up some to what Petzing wants to do

we are watching a week-by-week demonstration that playing hard plus some inventive schemes can keep you in games, but eventually talent prevails.
”teams are catching up to what Dobbs can do and cant” THIS

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oooooookay.

I haven't heard one compelling reason to play Tune.
I’d take a different slant. I want the coach to tell me why he feels Tune isn’t ready and why. Running the scout team daily but we haven’t heard a word about his progress or a lack there of.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And there Is a chance they can be wrong with their actions or inactions
And if your aunt had a...she'd be your uncle.

This is the most excruciatingly annoying exercise for teams with bad QB play. Just last year people wanted to see McSorley. MCSORELY. Its rare that the guy on the bench is better.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And if your aunt had a...she'd be your uncle.

This is the most excruciatingly annoying exercise for teams with bad QB play. Just last year people wanted to see McSorley. MCSORELY. Its rare that the guy on the bench is better.
Tune Is likely worse then dobbs but maybe Is not
We have nothing to lose so he should have a chance
Moreover with dobbs we are going tò lose every games and Is also pretty unwatchable football

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The season has gone pretty much as I expected, with the added bonus of more grit, determination and moments of quality play than I think anyone thought there would be.
You can find corn in any piece of poo.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We wanted Dobbs in free agency and he almost signed with us. At the end of camp, we were like "Eff it that he didn't sign here. We are going to trade for him. We want him that much.". Like I have said before, they think he's a number 2 who they can ride with. He is not getting cut.

They LIKE Dobbs. Whether it is Petzing, or Monti, both. They wanted him to be part of this. He is not some seat warmer. They could've kept Blough, who had more career starts than Dobbs, if they wanted to give a little more time and then play Tune. They don't want to play Tune at this point. Dobbs will take every snap until Kyler plays.

That's how I see it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tune during the preseason was much much better than Dobbs has been. Under the circumstances and with Kyler not ready it makes sense to play Tune in the next few games. What is the alternative, more Dobbs. I could see more Dobbs if he played as a running back. He did well as a runner.
That is actually not true. Believe it or not, Dobbs has a higher passer rating right now than Tune had in the preseason. 82 vs 77

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tune Is likely worse then dobbs but maybe Is not
We have nothing to lose so he should have a chance
The Cardinals have nothing to gain by playing Tune, hence why he isn't playing.
Moreover with dobbs we are going tò lose every games and Is also pretty unwatchable football
You think Tune would be watchable?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We wanted Dobbs in free agency and he almost signed with us. At the end of camp, we were like "Eff it that he didn't sign here. We are going to trade for him. We want him that much.". Like I have said before, they think he's a number 2 who they can ride with. He is not getting cut.

They LIKE Dobbs. Whether it is Petzing, or Monti, both. They wanted him to be part of this. He is not some seat warmer. They could've kept Blough, who had more career starts than Dobbs, if they wanted to give a little more time and then play Tune. They don't want to play Tune at this point. Dobbs will take every snap until Kyler plays.

That's how I see it.
Pretty much every backup QB will hit a wall after 3-5 games. We're seeing it with Dobbs. He could still be valuable in the next few years as a spot starter when Murray invariably gets hurt.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every backup QB will hit a wall after 3-5 games. We're seeing it with Dobbs. He could still be valuable in the next few years as a spot starter when Murray invariably gets hurt.
Exactly. That was what could be said about McCoy the last few seasons as well. But Dobbs is like 32 years younger and knew the OC.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals have nothing to gain by playing Tune, hence why he isn't playing.

You think Tune would be watchable?
I would watch his first real game. Doesn’t mean the game will be watchable but would certainly be interesting.

A QB whose best and maybe only asset is running the ball is frustrating. Unlikely I will watch another start by Dobbs. His only win came against a team who could not score in the red zone.

Play a Tune for one full game then you can return to the guy who can’t carry a Tune:)