The 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2011 Golden Globes were handed out Saturday night at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The complete list of winners:

Best Motion Picture – Drama
The Social Network

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
Colin Firth, The King’s Speech

Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
The Kids Are All Right

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
Natalie Portman, Black Swan

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Paul Giamatti, Barney’s Version

Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Glee

Best Director – Motion Picture
David Fincher, The Social Network

Cecil B. DeMille Award
Robert De Niro

Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
Melissa Leo, The Fighter

Best Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Best Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Laura Linney, The Big C

Best Foreign Language Film
In a Better World (Denmark)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Series, Mini-Series, or Motion Picture Made for Television
Jane Lynch, Glee

Best Screenplay – Motion Picture
Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Claire Danes, Temple Grandin

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack

Best Animated Feature Film
Toy Story 3

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right

Best Original Score – Motion Picture
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, The Social Network

Best Original Song – Motion Picture
“You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me,” Burlesque
Music and lyrics by Diane Warren

Best Television Series – Drama
Boardwalk Empire

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Drama
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Chris Colfer, Glee

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Carlos

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
Katey Sagal, Sons of Anarchy

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Christian Bale, The Fighter

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Buscemi was good but IMO he wasn't even the best actor on his own show. (Pitt and Huston). I thought Cranston should have won, as good as Breaking Bad is, season 3 was stellar.

Very happy for Chris Colfer, his character Kurt on Glee always has such a meaningful storyline and is the heart of that show.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boring. ZZZZZZZzzzzzz. Hey De Niro, how about acting as if you cared about getting the award?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The Golden Globes are a joke and the only reason I watched was to see Ricky Gervais yet they had him do nothing. Complete waste of time.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The Tourist was a musical or comedy? If it is, it sure wasn't marketed that way.

Agree about the show. Total snoozefest. The presenters were painful to watch. Matt Damon and Robert Downey's schticks were cringe-inducing.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than Leo and Bale, I wouldn't have picked any of those winners.

I have the growing sense that Rolling Stone and others assigned (way way) too much social importance to Social Network, and now everyone's afraid of looking like a know-nothing by questioning it. It's all a sham, IMO. Social Network was a good movie. But it was innaccurate and if it defined the last decade, apparently it was in a different reality I was not aware of. I found it interesting to see how someone interpreted those events, but in no way did I connect to it in a way that it defined me or my friends or my experiences.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have the growing sense that Rolling Stone and others assigned (way way) too much social importance to Social Network, and now everyone's afraid of looking like a know-nothing by questioning it. It's all a sham, IMO. Social Network was a good movie. But it was innaccurate and if it defined the last decade, apparently it was in a different reality I was not aware of. I found it interesting to see how someone interpreted those events, but in no way did I connect to it in a way that it defined me or my friends or my experiences.
word

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Yeah, you would think that Zuckerberg invented the internet and not Al Gore :)

Honestly, everyone already communicated by e-mail before Facebook came along. Other than people finding you that you never wanted to, Facebook hasn't changed our society in any profound way.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you would think that Zuckerberg invented the internet and not Al Gore :)

Honestly, everyone already communicated by e-mail before Facebook came along. Other than people finding you that you never wanted to, Facebook hasn't changed our society in any profound way.
Yep, just another time waster. And that nerdy dude winning another Golden Globe for the sitcom? Pul-leeze!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Two Words:

January Jones!

Attachments

• y5qBAt6X-gLl.jpg
    y5qBAt6X-gLl.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 60

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all the hate the Oscars get, this is certainly worse than that.

It used to be one truly rowdy party. They talk, now, about everyone in the audience being ****** but the audience used to get really ******. And high. Then the broadcast went nation-wide and legit. It's a shadow of it's former self.

The first year it was broadcast live it was only beamed to L.A. ZsaZsa Gabor was drunk beyond belief and started talking about the men she'd known and named names. This is before the 5 second delay. Ricky Gervais' scripted hi-jinks couldn't begin to compete with that night.

I was pretty young but I learned a lot of slang names for body parts that night.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colin Firth was the right choice as well.

Of those nominated, yes. But it's hard for me to believe there weren't better performances when compared to James Franco, Ryan Gosling, and Mark Wahlberg. That's a weak list of actors.

In hindsight, Bale seemed like the lead in The Fighter to me, but it might be because his performance was SO STRONG. I dunno.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Of those nominated, yes. But it's hard for me to believe there weren't better performances when compared to James Franco, Ryan Gosling, and Mark Wahlberg. That's a weak list of actors.

In hindsight, Bale seemed like the lead in The Fighter to me, but it might be because his performance was SO STRONG. I dunno.

I would love for Bale to have been nominated as the leading actor (though there is no way since the movie is about Mickey Ward, not Dicky) so Geoff Rush could win the supporting actor award. Those two were the best male actors this year and unfortunately they are in the same category.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot about this Blue Valentine. I heard it was rated R, for arduous.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear a lot about this Blue Valentine. I heard it was rated R, for arduous.

Friday morning I'd never even heard of it. Since them (just watching regular ol' TV) I've seen the trailer three times. "All Good Things" got a major write up in the NY Times. All of a sudden it's all Ryan all the time. Blue Valentine is getting some major props within the industry. Mr. Gosling will be getting a lot of use from his tux.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson