Broadchurch

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
British crime series from 2013. I had never seen it and just finished Season 2 out of a total of 3 seasons. I don't think there would be a True Detective if this series didn't exist. It's THAT good.

In fact, I think this series might have the single best performance by an actress I've ever seen on television. Olivia Coleman is just crazy good.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show got me watching tons of foreign detective series. I loved it.
Tennant is great too! Nickname is shyteface..

Good stuff all around!

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but my wife absolutely loved it. I liked Mare of Easttown, and from what I've read, it owes a debt to this series, too.

She wanted to see Happy Valley, which apparently has a similar vibe, but it's no longer on Netflix.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
British crime series from 2013. I had never seen it and just finished Season 2 out of a total of 3 seasons. I don't think there would be a True Detective if this series didn't exist. It's THAT good.

In fact, I think this series might have the single best performance by an actress I've ever seen on television. Olivia Coleman is just crazy good.
I thought it was a good show. I didn't come away with that type of feel though.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but my wife absolutely loved it. I liked Mare of Easttown, and from what I've read, it owes a debt to this series, too.

She wanted to see Happy Valley, which apparently has a similar vibe, but it's no longer on Netflix.

Happy Valley is good stuff. I watched it all on Netflix but they put the final season on Hulu so I signed up for the free 7 day trial just to watch it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Do you want me to give you the ending? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard