The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Phrazbit, Jul 19, 2018.

1. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Not to mention that guy that ended up having to play in China once Paul priced him beyond reason. I think it was Norris Cole but I might be wrong there.

2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

It’s easy to rep superstars. It is much harder to rep mid level players without the leverage of LeBron on the team.

3. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

I just watched the 3 on 3 league. The game had a team with Joe Johnson that is undefeated. The other team was Amare's team. Just watching the three on three, I would want Joe Johnson right now, and not Amare. They have a four point circle, that Joe Johnson swished a shot from to win the game for his team on his first attempt at the game winner!

4. Finito

Finito Registered

Lol Joe Johnson was sneaky good for so long. Just quietly went out and got buckets night in and night out.

I loved that guy

5. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

And could play a little bit of PG. One of the forgotten tidbits about losing him then going 3-4 without a legit guy to run things when Nash was out.

6. Finito

Finito Registered

7x all star borderline hall of gamer smh and we couldn’t make it work smh

7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

8. Ronin

Ronin Registered

9. Ronin

Ronin Registered

10. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

Korver signed with the Bucks. So people can relax some about him going to the Lakers. I didn't see it a lot here but I know some claimed this was another way of James Jones helping Lebron, which I call BS on. The Chandler move can be spun that way but so many old vets are bought out after trades now that it was unlikely Korver was ever going to play here, especially with how his salary was structured with a large portion not guaranteed so waiving him got us under the cap.

11. Ronin

Ronin Registered

This isn’t directed at you HH, but come the heck on with that noise. The Lakers didn’t even make the playoffs last year, so how much did Chandler move really help the Lakers?

12. swagron

swagron Registered

Korver is washed up. He couldn’t help the Jazz last year in the playoffs when they needed him. On a side note, I don’t get the Laker obsession on this board.

Hoop Head likes this.
  13. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Really? You don't get that? You must not have been a Suns fan very long. Why do you think Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees,?

14. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

What bugged me wasn't letting him go to the Lakers, it was letting a 15 million dollar expiring deal go for nothing. Teams were giving up first round picks for that kind of cap space just a few months later.

I like Jones' idea of team building but that was another example of bad asset management. Even if we were weary of taking on money, nothing would have hurt waiting to see what became available.

For example, we could have been the ones to fleece the Lakers in that stupid Zubac trade instead of the Clips. Which would have been doubly pleasing as it would have allowed us the joy of kicking Beasley out of the league again.

Krangthebrain and Ronin like this.
  15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I can agree that Jones mishandled the Chandler situation because he should have been traded later or cut before the season, if that's what they planned on doing. Apparently there was no trade to be made throughout the offseason and Jones was looking to cut Chandler to help clear the way for Holmes, which was a good move, and also earn the Suns some much needed goodwill amongst players around the league. I would have liked for them to wait longer, at least until the December 15th deadline to see if he could be moved for someone then since it was starting to become clear we'd be trading Ariza as soon as that date came around.

Tyson was all but done though and I'm shocked he didn't retire this offseason. He contributes next to nothing, perhaps worse than nothing at this stage, so I don't see the line being long for him in a trade but we don't know what was available. It was clear that playing him here wasn't working so clearing the way for Holmes and letting Chandler go to find a place he could actually play wasn't a bad decision at the time. Had he signed elsewhere, I doubt we'd still be talking about it. Actually if news that Lebron was calling for the Lakers to add a big didn't come out at the same time we waived Chandler, I don't think it'd be discussed still. Chandler had about as much value as Ryan Anderson when he was cut and we know Anderson had no real value. Jones moving him for Tyler was viewed as turning nothing into something and a good move by the majority of fans because Anderson sucked, very badly.