Terrelle Smith

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Did anyone hear the interview with Terrelle Smith on Bickley and MJ today? If not I'll give you what I remember.

First of all he wasn't happy with Cleavland. He says they didn't know how to use him and they got rid of him because of an upcoming bonus he was owed.

He says that he knew the writing was on the wall when the Browns drafted a fullback last year. He kind of snarled when talking about the new draftee and said he was a tweener. Kind of a cross between a running back and fullback.

He said that while he can catch the ball Cleavland wanted a guy who could catch it and turn it up field for 10,000 yards and he wasn't that guy.

MJ asked him what kind of guy he was and he said a "Banger and a Baller".

Says that if there is a hole he trys to get somebody at the second level so the RB can get big yards. If there isn't a hole he makes one.

MJ asked him about Edge not wanting a fullback and TS said that he didn't think that would be a problem. He said most running backs don't like fullbacks because so few fullbacks really know how to play the position and open holes. Edge will like him soon enough when he sees the holes.

He laughed and said that most teams want Honda Civics in the backfield and he is more like heavy machinery.

It came down to Green Bay and Arizona and he says "Hey is there any real choice there"? Arizona feels like home since he played at ASU and we are three hours from his real home.

He also came because he felt like Whiz is one of the few coaches that really knows how to use a real fullback. Again he felt he was misused the last several years but if he's used right he will open holes.

He said he felt he had two jobs, to open holes and protect Matt Leinhart.

For what it's worth he really sold Bickley and MJ on what he will bring. He has a chip on his shoulder after his stint in Cleavland and he is ready to prove himself. He is healthy. He knows his role and is confident and good at it. MJ said that this guy is a real old school football player and came here because Whiz knows how to use him.

It's kind of nice to hear a guy who knows his job is to do the dirty work and likes it. It's also nice to see a guy that has a big chip on his shoulder and wants to prove his worth. I like the guy.

seesred

Reaction score
TS can do no wrong, Q will make good use of him as well as Lienart..Let's call him Bang, Bang, Smitty!

GBR

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. What an interview. I love these players that just knock 'em out on the field.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm now a Terrelle Smith fan. (as long as he walks the walk)

I think this will be one of our best off season acquisitions. Not fancy but will do the job and knock the oposition players on their butts. This guy is just like getting a decent OL.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great post, thanks a lot. I really like this guy now.

I dont think Edge can really speak too much about fullbacks because the Colt never really used one. I also think that this will keep him fresher because hopefully he will be getting tackled less by linemen and LBs and more by guys in the secondary.

T Smitty, welcome to the Family!!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this will be one of our best off season acquisitions. Not fancy but will do the job and knock the oposition players on their butts. This guy is just like getting a decent OL.
Well that would make him one of the best lineman on the team then. Maybe Whiz is planning on using him at tackle.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First of all he wasn't happy with Cleveland. He says they didn't know how to use him and they got rid of him because of an upcoming bonus he was owed.

I didn't know the Browns owned Circuit City.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Maybe TS can be our Tony Richardson. I would LOVE that!

I would rather have him become our Lorenzo Neal. That guy makes the pro bowl every year it seems like. And i think every RB he has blocked for has reached 1000 yards.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What a great quote.

I think the whole thing myself:

"MJ asked him about Edge not wanting a fullback and TS said that he didn't think that would be a problem. He said most running backs don't like fullbacks because so few fullbacks really know how to play the position and open holes. Edge will like him soon enough when he sees the holes."

I really think we will have an offense similar to the dominate offense that the Dallas Cowboys had with Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnston, Aikman, Irvin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn