Tailgating help/question.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry gang if this should have been posted elsewhere, but as many of you know I'm coming to the Cardinals/Iggles game this October, and it won't be just one of my normal jaunts to State Farm. I'm traveling with literally 30 people, all Eagles fans consisting of my friends and family, most of which have never been to AZ. It will literally be one of the greatest experiences of my life as my brother, son, nephew, and 2 uncles who are both north of 65 will be with me. (Since my dad passed they vowed to go in his stead) At any rate, since they are all eagles clowns, I thought I might be best served organizing a tailgate for our crew since they would prefer to be with other eagles people and I wouldn't want to be with eagles fans I don't know. I contacted one place in Surprise to inquire about a tailgate setup package, but haven't heard back yet. Is this type of move practical? With you guys being the experts on tailgate-related matters, if prompted I'll just have them plan to scout out the official Philadelphia Eagles tailgate party, as I know there is one included in their road game package website. I just thought it'd be nice if I could have a central place to party together. Any advice?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sorry gang if this should have been posted elsewhere, but as many of you know I'm coming to the Cardinals/Iggles game this October, and it won't be just one of my normal jaunts to State Farm. I'm traveling with literally 30 people, all Eagles fans consisting of my friends and family, most of which have never been to AZ. It will literally be one of the greatest experiences of my life as my brother, son, nephew, and 2 uncles who are both north of 65 will be with me. (Since my dad passed they vowed to go in his stead) At any rate, since they are all eagles clowns, I thought I might be best served organizing a tailgate for our crew since they would prefer to be with other eagles people and I wouldn't want to be with eagles fans I don't know. I contacted one place in Surprise to inquire about a tailgate setup package, but haven't heard back yet. Is this type of move practical? With you guys being the experts on tailgate-related matters, if prompted I'll just have them plan to scout out the official Philadelphia Eagles tailgate party, as I know there is one included in their road game package website. I just thought it'd be nice if I could have a central place to party together. Any advice?
It depends on where your home base for the trip is and the rest of your strategy.

There are a number of places around town that do free party busses to the game (or did before... *gestures vaguely everywhere) where you could show up at 10 and they'll shuttle you to and fro (with booze in the party bus). I've always wanted to do this.

The Cards actually do a nice tailgate experience on the southwest side of the stadium. The seating isn't ideal, but they have expensive mediocre beers and I think some kind of food. But they have like cornhole games and a projection of the morning game and maybe a dj or something?

I'm sure there's an event space in one of the Westgate restaurants that would be thrilled to secure your deposit 90 days out and serve you whatever you want.

We drive there, so I don't know how it works. If it were me, I'd find a bar near where you're staying to do your group's official pre-game and maybe get a party bus to take you to and from the game.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
The other thing you can check out is there used to be a group in the RV lot that catered to out of towners. The lot is easily walking distance even for Philly fans. It’s located on the SouthEast section of stadium grounds. I’ll check around for the group but if anyone else knows I’m talking about, maybe you can share.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I know some of the Seahawks groups have setup areas in Westgate.

It's harder on game day as they all know they're going to be busy regardless.

With that type of number, McFaddens may work with you.

Typical parking tailgate is fine as well.

There are tons of new things being built as well in that area, not just immediately in Westgate but the surrounding area.

Probably the biggest challenge will be finding a place that runs transit or figuring out how to move that many people - not exactly a lot of transit

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I know some of the Seahawks groups have setup areas in Westgate.

It's harder on game day as they all know they're going to be busy regardless.

With that type of number, McFaddens may work with you.

Typical parking tailgate is fine as well.

There are tons of new things being built as well in that area, not just immediately in Westgate but the surrounding area.

Probably the biggest challenge will be finding a place that runs transit or figuring out how to move that many people - not exactly a lot of transit
Top golf party room is a great idea

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah. I think that would be fun

There is also a good bar/restaurant in the holiday inn nextdoor - although it's Minnesota based and they may still be salty to Philly people

It's not that long off a walk over ..... Just more than AZ people may typically do ..... Probably looking 15-20 minutes. Going on Maryland over the freeway can be a little steep, but Cardinals way goes under

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Another thought is the Big Red Brew House. It is a bar/restaurant under the stadium. Not sure when they open but I think it’s like two hours. Maybe you tailgate hop/crash until your hungry and go inside.

Also, I’m Teabag, Poonster and Shocker were the guys doing the tailgate party in the RV lot. I heard they may not do it as much. They mi go t be going into the Big Red Brew House.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson