Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was stuck up by the Bay Area and watched ALL the Golden State games when McGee was there. I know he showed up on Shaqtin a Fool a lot, but watching him play, he's always been a solid player. Sometimes he goes on a hot shot block streak, like shooting guards do making baskets. McGee would sometimes have 2-3 trips down the floor with blocks on each trip.
Really very talented basketball player who was just too much of knucklehead early in his career.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really very talented basketball player who was just too much of knucklehead early in his career.
Javale has Asthma or something similar, that's why after 10 min he needs a sub to recoup.
Plays his butt off while he's in there.
As long as Monte pays attention to his fatigue he should be exactly what we need.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why aren't they done if the plan is for them to get done?

I don't think it's the plan sadly.

It's like a darkening storm cloud on the horizon.

The question I was thinking about overnight is when would they have the press conference if gets done?

The Cardinals play tomorrow. I guess it might be Monday because the season starts Wednesday.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's like a darkening storm cloud on the horizon.

The question I was thinking about overnight is when would they have the press conference if gets done?

The Cardinals play tomorrow. I guess it might be Monday because the season starts Wednesday.

As I have said from the beginning, nothing is getting done...with either of them...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Heard on the Simmons pod that the Suns are 11/1 odds to have the best record in the league. So a $95 bet pay out over $1k. Hmm…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on the Simmons pod that the Suns are 11/1 odds to have the best record in the league. So a $95 bet pay out over $1k. Hmm…

You may drive me to betting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns waive Chasson Randle. It was not unexpected.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns players were excited to practice today because they knew they were going to scrimmage.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns players were excited to practice today because they knew they were going to scrimmage.

I love that. It's obvious watching guys like Booker and Paul that they love to play basketball. That's got to make a coaches job easier for the most part. I can see the downside though with how Monty tries to find time for everyone but he's proven when it matters most to ride the horse that got you there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that. It's obvious watching guys like Booker and Paul that they love to play basketball. That's got to make a coaches job easier for the most part. I can see the downside though with how Monty tries to find time for everyone but he's proven when it matters most to ride the horse that got you there.

I think it helps a lot when the players like each other and the focus is about winning instead of minutes and stats.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns waive Chasson Randle. It was not unexpected.

Indeed. Camp body. Nothing more. Still have that open roster spot. Are they going to do anything with it, or are they planning on going into the season at a comparative disadvantage?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty and some players and talk about the scrimmage. Everyone seems to be in a good mood.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading into things but it seems interesting how Mikal has been front and center for all media availability. He seems his usual self, which is happy and competitive. That's a big part of why I think his extension is done.

I could be wrong, of course, but I hope I'm not. He doesn't seem like he's holding anything back as far as frustration, animosity, or nervousness. If a deal isn't done, I'm not the slightest bit concerned about him giving less than 110% every night.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's an article from Bright Side that also has an 8 minute video included, which is Mikal's full interview from the other day. I know a piece of that video was in a tweet that was posted yesterday by @Mainstreet but this is the whole thing as well most of it transcribed into print. This whole piece focuses on Mikal's extension and his desire to be here in Phoenix while also discussing how he loves it here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we need Deandre Ayton to sign extension.

I feel a lot more optimistic about the season. Extending one out of two was the minimum.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feared 4y/$100m and wanted 4y/$80m so I'm happy with 4y/$90m.

James Jones has done a great job with everyone else's contracts this offseason. I'm really curious what the issue with Ayton is now. Even if he's not extended, I'd call this offseason a B+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard