Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game is likely just going to be major scrub time as the last one before the season starts.

It doesn't matter to me. I've always been one to enjoy watching practice, training camp and summer league. It's how I learned to fully appreciate the players and the game.

I wish Bally Sports or the Suns would pick up the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul and Devin Booker in NBA 75th Anniversary salute with Devin parking a 1958 Chevy Impala in front of Kobe mural.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting to see who makes the 75th anniversary team. Anyone get taken off the 50?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will repeat this tweet here as well.

Suns contract discussions with Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges for extensions are NOT stalled.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I will repeat this tweet here as well.

Suns contract discussions with Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges for extensions are NOT stalled.

The fact that they're still talking doesn't mean they are making any progress.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Going to have to bookmark this. Might need to make a new thread also so it can be easily referenced whenever someone goes on their usual tangent.

I'm glad to see it though. He's a smart player who identifies his weaknesses well and works on them. Hope we keep him around for a long time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to have to bookmark this. Might need to make a new thread also so it can be easily referenced whenever someone goes on their usual tangent.

I'm glad to see it though. He's a smart player who identifies his weaknesses well and works on them. Hope we keep him around for a long time.

Cam looks like he has added more muscle. I don't think he has ever been up to 220 pounds with the Suns. The key of course is being able to maintain the weight during the season. He has bulked up before. His previously listed weight was 210 pounds.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam looks like he has added more muscle. I don't think he has ever been up to 220 pounds with the Suns. The key of course is being able to maintain the weight during the season. He has bulked up before. His previously listed weight was 210 pounds.

He was up to 225 in the bubble and then naturally went back to the 205-210 range. I don't think he is capable of holding at 220 for a sustained period.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this tweet from July 15th 2020 about Cam Johnson's previous weight.

He definitely looks bigger now than in the picture.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin adds his input. Indicates Cam Johnson is up to 224 pounds.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duane Rankin adds his input. Indicates Cam Johnson is up to 224 pounds.

I will gladly acknowledge that if Cam can actually stay in the 220-225 range, our problem at power forward is likely solved, and what we then need is a small forward to back up Bridges.

I still have my doubts that Cam can hold the weight, though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will gladly acknowledge that if Cam can actually stay in the 220-225 range, our problem at power forward is likely solved, and what we then need is a small forward to back up Bridges.

I still have my doubts that Cam can hold the weight, though.

We'll be fine since Cam can still play there, Nader is decent, and I believe Booker will see some time there also while playing alongside Shamet. SF won't be an issue unless Mikal gets hurt. Depth isn't an issue there or at SG.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns even have Chandler Hutchison on a two-way contract who plays small forward. If given the right opportunity I think the Suns should strengthen the 4 position unless Jalen Smith makes dramatic progress.

Filling the 15th roster spot might come down to need or BPA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We'll be fine since Cam can still play there, Nader is decent, and I believe Booker will see some time there also while playing alongside Shamet. SF won't be an issue unless Mikal gets hurt. Depth isn't an issue there or at SG.

We need more than a three-man rotation at the two forward spots, especially if someone gets hurt, and Nader is a borderline NBA player. Playing Booker, at 6'5", at small forward is asking for trouble in my opinion.

I think we are looking okay at the guard spots and at Center.

We need another piece at one of the forward spots, depending on whether Cam ends up being the size of a 2/3 or a 3/4.

Really, what it comes down to is that we still need a replacement for Torrey Craig.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smith and Cam give us some flexibility. One is more of a banger and one is more stretch

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Smith and Cam give us some flexibility. One is more of a banger and one is more stretch

Smith gives us nothing. He is still at least 2-3 years away from being an NBA player, if he ever becomes one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard