Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think his market value has gone up a tad although I wanted Portis long before last season.

My point was that the Suns had every opportunity to sign him last offseason for next to nothing and didn't even try...which means there is no chance they try now.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was that the Suns had every opportunity to sign him last offseason for next to nothing and didn't even try...which means there is no chance they try now.

I understood your point. The Bucks signing Portis for $3,623,000 was flat out cheap although we don't know if he would have signed with the Suns.

@AzStevenCal and I have liked Bobby Portis for years.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I understood your point. The Bucks signing Portis for $3,623,000 was flat out cheap although we don't know if he would have signed with the Suns.

He would have been a starter here. I think we would have at least had a legitimate shot if any effort was made.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would have been a starter here. I think we would have at least had a legitimate shot if any effort was made.

Whether Portis started or not is not as an important as he would have added needed big man depth to the Suns.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's not pretend like Bobby Portis didn't also have a good amount of baggage as well. He had gotten in a fight with a teammate in the past that lead to a serious injury. We don't know if that was entirely his fault or not but that's a lot to ignore for a young impressionable team trying to establish a new culture.

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

According to Portis, he turned down far more money from the Knicks to sign with the Bucks. If he is telling the truth then we were never going to sign him. And regardless, signing him and Crowder seems like an impossibility.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last summer the Bucks we’re a MUCH better destination than the Suns.
This. The Suns reputation is much better after Chris Paul and the Suns getting to the finals. People might want to play here now knowing we were that close.