Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The regular season is over but the Suns season isn't. It feels good, albeit a little weird. Definitely not used to caring so little for the lottery drawing.

I haven't given it more than a passing thought because if the Suns use their pick it will be the bottom of the 1st round.

For some reason I thought the Suns finally had a second round pick but I guess that's the 2022 draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't given it more than a passing thought because if the Suns use their pick it will be the bottom of the 1st round.

For some reason I thought the Suns finally had a second round pick but I guess that's the 2022 draft.

Second best record in the league so our 1st is 29th overall, which might as well be a 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing JJ trade our 1st for 2 2nds if one of them is in the 30's. Reduce payroll a little and gives us a chance to grab 2 guys with potential. Supposedly the draft is deep this year. I haven't read much except for that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second best record in the league so our 1st is 29th overall, which might as well be a 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing JJ trade our 1st for 2 2nds if one of them is in the 30's. Reduce payroll a little and gives us a chance to grab 2 guys with potential. Supposedly the draft is deep this year. I haven't read much except for that.

I'm going to have to read up on the draft which I haven't done this season but you are right, it's supposed to be a deep one. Last season might have been the best draft to trade down but if this is sort of a double draft the Suns should consider it unless someone they like is there. Suns might also want to consider trading the pick. For example, Eric Paschall seems to have fallen out of favor with the Warriors.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton is but one tree amongst a forest of Redwoods. Major credit to him for battling in there basically by himself.
I really wonder where this came from. Is it just a function of lakers defending the three point line? He’s also been good on the boards and defensively as much as possible on his own. If he can bottle this and add even just 5 FTs/game he’s a beast. Big if, given his history, but still . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wonder where this came from. Is it just a function of lakers defending the three point line? He’s also been good on the boards and defensively as much as possible on his own. If he can bottle this and add even just 5 FTs/game he’s a beast. Big if, given his history, but still . . .

he’s still so young. And to be honest, a title team can’t be built around Booker at his best. It can be around Ayton if he reaches his potential.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t buy it’s a product of how the Lakers are defending. He is getting a ton of defensive boards. He is also drawing one of their big men every time down the court and yet is still putting in buckets. For whatever reason certain guys match up well against certain teams.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t buy it’s a product of how the Lakers are defending. He is getting a ton of defensive boards. He is also drawing one of their big men every time down the court and yet is still putting in buckets. For whatever reason certain guys match up well against certain teams.

We’ve had a ton of open 3’s too. Just haven’t made them.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

lol they are absolutely not defending the three well AT ALL

see above^^

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“Guys check on me from time to time by shooting me a text, saying, ‘Hey Coach. I was just thinking about you. How are you doing?’ No basketball talk,” Suns head coach Monty Williams told Yahoo Sports. “Those calls and texts mean so much to me. I’ve been through a lot like so many have. (His wife was tragically killed in a car accident five years ago.) It’s always good to know people are in your corner and that’s what I try to give back.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/suns-recla...eir-never-quit-characteristics-030901644.html