Suns @ Spurs 12-30-15

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Spurs tonight with a 6:30 p.m. Arizona start time. I'm going to consider the Suns a non-playoff team which will make the team easier to watch at least for me.

In particular, I am looking forward to watching Bryce Cotton play some PG. He is only 23. Ronnie Price will be out for the game. See the tweet below.

Also I want to see what Markieff brings to the table after the two game suspension.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 20m20 minutes ago

Ronnie Price (left toe sprain) is out for #SunsAtSpurs. This probably prompts a Suns debut for Bryce Cotton at backup point guard.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Tim Duncan has a sore knee and their mascot has a cough. If Phoenix still considers itself a playoff team it should win this game easily. In before whatshisname.

The Spurs are like a machine. They will methodically destroy the Suns unless a miracle is to be found. It doesn't seem to matter much who they play this time of year.

However, what I do find interesting is the Suns will be playing a more traditional lineup in the back court. This gives me hope. I'm hoping Bryce Cotton can contribute more to the Suns than Ronnie Price, at least long term. I'm guessing "whatshisname" is Markieff. For some reason, I'm expecting him to play better going forward.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Spurs are like a machine. They will methodically destroy the Suns unless a miracle is to be found. It doesn't seem to matter much who they play this time of year.

However, what I do find interesting is the Suns will be playing a more traditional lineup in the back court. This gives me hope. I'm hoping Bryce Cotton can contribute more to the Suns than Ronnie Price, at least long term. I'm guessing "whatshisname" is Markieff. For some reason, I'm expecting him to play better going forward.

No, I was just being a little playful and deleted my post when I realized it might not be understood.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hope Goodwin gets some quality minutes with Price out.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Hope Goodwin gets some quality minutes with Price out.

Coro is saying Bryce Cotton will get Price's backup PG mins.

I feel bad for Archie, we should just make a trade if we're not going to develop him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Bryce Cotton plays before Goodwin I am done with this team until Hornacek is fired.

They have had enough of the Markieff Morris attitude stuff. I think Goodwin has been a participant in that stuff too. He might be sitting as much for off-the-court stuff as one the court.

Just a guess. You really are in love with Archie.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JC that's quite an accusation your making there about Goodwin. What makes you think he's part of the Markieff Morris attitude stuff?

From everything that Hornacek and McD ever say about Goodwin, he's the ultimate pro who put in a ton of time in the gym during the off season and does what's asked of him during the season. I have never seen anything even close to resembling that Goodwin could be a problem child.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
If Bryce Cotton plays before Goodwin I am done with this team until Hornacek is fired.

It is really hard to figure out.

In most offensive categories Goodwin rates very highly yet on Basketball reference he has a bad + - rating per 100 possessions. Due to his limited time on the court I really do not know if you can just go by statistics. I like a lot of things that he does. He is a willing passer and is fearless going to the hoop. It just seems that if you are a bad 3 point shooter you don't play. However, if that is the case why does Hornacek continue to play Tucker?

I really would like to know what statistic Hornacek is using to make his decisions on playing time.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Due to his limited time on the court I really do not know if you can just go by statistics. I like a lot of things that he does. He is a willing passer and is fearless going to the hoop.

He can draw fouls with his speed and ability to get into the paint, but Hornacek doesn't seem to find his skillset useful even when the offense is stagnant.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He can draw fouls with his speed and ability to get into the paint, but Hornacek doesn't seem to find his skillset useful even when the offense is stagnant.

Hornacek seems to prefer the likes of Sonny Weems and even Price or now I guess Bryce Cotton than him.

According to Zach Lowe, other teams still view Goodwin as an asset and see his promise and potential so I wish they could have just traded him elsewhere so he could have got at least a shot some place else because its not gonna happen in Phoenix.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goodwin has a bad plus minus because he does not do anything off the ball while on offense and when the ball is in his hands he is reckless, essentially just barreling into the lane in an effort to draw fouls. He also gets burned gambling for steals on a repeat basis.

He is athletic and he does have an innate ability to get to the rim. Its stuff that stands out on film that make him look really good on the eye test, but his flaws are really fundamental ones and his biggest strength (getting to the rim) is maligned by his poor ability to finish once he gets there and his lousy free throw shooting when he actually draws a foul.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

And they probably won't even use any of their starters.

sent from a fone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And they probably won't even use any of their starters.

This is when you realize how good coaching can impact even role players. They have a system and they run it.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not that it would matter in the win/loss column but it would be nice to get the same imaginary and ticky-tack calls the Spurs are getting.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard is all right handed if anyone hasn't noticed...he can't and doesn't want to finish with his left. All his drives are to the right as well. Easier said than done but they should force his left all the time.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it would matter in the win/loss column but it would be nice to get the same imaginary and ticky-tack calls the Spurs are getting.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's very obvious that this game is not being officiated in the Suns favor

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just tank the rest of the year and hopefully they can get a top-5 pick in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd like to see Goodwin instead of Weems.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bad can Goodwin be..REALLY. Even Booker, a rookie is starting.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow this sad to watch suns can't even execute a fast break right

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 fouls for suns and 1 for spurs in the 1st qtr. Man, cannot stand the Spurs. The Seahawks of the NBA

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's very obvious that this game is not being officiated in the Suns favor

This is the worst home cooking I've seen in a long time and it seems like a waste to me, the Spurs are the far better team. And just now, Len would have been called for a couple of fouls on that "block" on Jefferson's attempts.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn