Suns Ring of Honor - Who Should Be In?

Who is the Suns next Ring of Honor Member

• Total voters

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm with Rondo.

Hangin conference championship banners is just celebrating mediocrity. Its like a participation trophy. Ring of Honor is different but I still think we need to stop celebrating mediocrity and that means individuals too.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm with Rondo.

Hangin conference championship banners is just celebrating mediocrity. Its like a participation trophy. Ring of Honor is different but I still think we need to stop celebrating mediocrity and that means individuals too.
I think any one of us would have gladly had that “mediocrity” over the past 8 seasons...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Instead of arguing Marion and Stat, we should really be considering Cedric Ceballos and Oliver Miller.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think any one of us would have gladly had that “mediocrity” over the past 8 seasons...
Yes, I would have rather had that but I wouldn’t have a parade for it either.

It’s all subjective. We all get to celebrate whatever we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare was a game changer but he needed Nash didn't he? It's like where is this line of thought going?

I think Marion's game was far more complete. He played both sides of the ball ...scored , rebounded...virtually did everything.

Marion is one of those players that every team needs. The dirt worker willing to do it all but he was no game changer. He is not the type of player that turns a team into a contender but he is the type of player every contender needs.

Teams were scared as hell to match up with Amare. Most teams couldn't match up with Amare. Yes, Amare wasn't the defender Marion was but I watched Amare go up against some of the top PF/Centers in the league and eat them up at the other end.

That type of player is generational. Case and point. We have not been able to replace him since.

Having said that? I like Chris's statement above. It very well could be the next player truly deserving is Booker. Heck maybe Ayton when all is said and done. We have to ask ourselves the question.....do we have to pick a player now?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their best shot was 04’ before Kidd’s knee issues. They used to work over Detroit back then who ended up working over the Lakers. So I would disagree they weren’t a threat. It just wasn’t sexy basketball during that era.

So there best shot was the year they didn't get out of the east?

You can't do the whole this team A beat team B but team C beat A so they automatically best team B. That logic doesn't work. That Detriot team was a freak defensive team that NJ wasn't.

They also won more to the Lakers dysfunction and Shaq and Kobe falling out with eachother

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse me for making a mistake, does that necessitate you being a smarmy bitch though?

What did I get wrong, the one year they missed the playoffs. That happened in Marions first full year gone instead of the half a season he missed after he was traded away. Everything else is right. How many WCF did each play in? 2, right? Yes. Instead, because I don't view Amare as light years ahead of Marion though you want to single me out and whine. That's what you're doing. Rather than objectively debate, you've resorted to insulting me. Really classy.

You've made so many factual errors besides the ones I pointed out, like how Chambers never did anything either. Everything I said was objective fact. Again, just because it proved you wrong, doesn't have to be insulting.

I got 2 season mixed up, I'm sorry. I even said in a previous post that I didn't have access to stats right now but that doesn't matter, I jumbled two seasons in my memory and you dedicate a whole post to insulting me for that. When the basics of what I said are still true. But you wouldn't be Cheese if you passed up the chance to be a dick, now would you?

Did the Suns miss the playoffs with Amare and Shaq? Yes. Was Amare injured? Yes, he had an eye injury but that doesn't change the point that I made. That was also Porter's first year here, like I said. When Marion was here and the Suns played without Amare, they still went to the playoffs. When Marion was gone and Stoudemire was here, they missed the playoffs, right? Ok, Amare did miss 30 games. That first year that started without Marion when Amare was injured he also had a bad season, posting a career low in rebounds per game, 8.1 and averaged just 21.4 ppg which was his 2nd worst scoring total in the Nash years. He played in 53 games. Marion helped Amare play better. I'm not even the only one who said that Marion and Stoudemire are closer than you think but you singled me out for some reason, why?

my post probably could have done without the editorializing at the beginning and end. My bad there.

Still think your arguments about both Marion/Amare and Chambers/Barbs are pretty flimsy because they're based on faulty facts though.

Last edited:

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Instead of arguing Marion and Stat, we should really be considering Cedric Ceballos and Oliver Miller.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I love Ced but I never considered him one of the best players on the suns. His best years were as a Laker.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So there best shot was the year they didn't get out of the east?

You can't do the whole this team A beat team B but team C beat A so they automatically best team B. That logic doesn't work. That Detriot team was a freak defensive team that NJ wasn't.

They also won more to the Lakers dysfunction and Shaq and Kobe falling out with eachother

We play the what if game with the Suns all the time. If Kidd was healthy I think they beat Detroit. They were up in the series and couldn’t close them out so credit to Detroit. People knock the East but they went 16-14 in Finals games from 03-06. It wasn’t weak at the very top. Detroit probably wins b2b championships if Rasheed doesn’t let Horry get open in game 5.

And N.J. was definitely as good as Detroit defensively those years. The numbers prove it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We play the what if game with the Suns all the time. If Kidd was healthy I think they beat Detroit. They were up in the series and couldn’t close them out so credit to Detroit. People knock the East but they went 16-14 in Finals games from 03-06. It wasn’t weak at the very top. Detroit probably wins b2b championships if Rasheed doesn’t let Horry get open in game 5.

And N.J. was definitely as good as Detroit defensively those years. The numbers prove it.

Ok

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't know what numbers say, but I know that Detroit was the best defensive team I have ever seen, with the exception of the other Detroit team from the 80s. That team was insane defensively.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That 04 Detroit team added Rasheed Wallace mid season, significantly upgrading them from the teams that couldn't beat the Nets.

When not crazy that guy was really good and he had his best run of... less crazy with the Pistons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson