Suns @ Jazz Thursday game thread 12-31-2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In back-to-back games the Suns play at the Jazz on Thursday, New Year's Eve and at the Nuggets on Friday, New Year's Day.

Jazz are 2-1 on the season beating Portland and OKC but losing to the Timberwolves.

Suns have moved to 3-1 after beating the Mavericks, Pelicans and splitting two games with the Kings.

Start time for Thursday's game is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on FSAZ and NBA TV.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest injury report for Utah game indicates Jalen Smith and Abdel Nader remain out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Including preseason, Abdel Nader has missed 7 straight games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny if I had to put money down I'd take the Suns over Denver and Utah over the Suns. Might fined out if preseason means anything to Monty. Saric will eat them alive?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny if I had to put money down I'd take the Suns over Denver and Utah over the Suns. Might fined out if preseason means anything to Monty. Saric will eat them alive?

I tend to agree I think we are more likely to beat Denver, but Jamal Murray usually destroys us, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we lost both. Hope I am wrong.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They could both maybe play for a team that wasnt so deep. I think the idea is that there is no hurry to bring either back, give them some extra heal time and bring them back to the rotation when someone else needs a break.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just want to see ayton not shrivel up around Gobert. He really struggles with taller defenders and needs to use his power and athleticism - but he wont

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want to see ayton not shrivel up around Gobert. He really struggles with taller defenders and needs to use his power and athleticism - but he wont

I mean there’s a reason they just gave Gobert 200 million he’s the best defensive center in basketball

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what's kind of lame is that our pre-season games were there and now the regular season game is there too

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I would prefer Ayton didn’t try to beat Rudy near the rim. He should be stretching the floor, popping off PnR, and forcing him to guard the perimeter. Make Rudy play on our terms. He wants to stay in the paint. Even if Ayton “succeeds” by taking it to Rudy, the team fails because well Rudy is so much less effective as a team defender the further he gets pulled from the rim. Houston and GS in the playoffs absolutely neutered Rudy by making him stand out at the 3pt line all game. Also it makes him more likely to get in foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's kind of lame is that our pre-season games were there and now the regular season game is there too

In the preseason it probably worked to the Suns advantage getting in shape against a good team at such a high altitude.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I would rather play at altitude early in the year, but B2B is tough. Good thing we are deep.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean there’s a reason they just gave Gobert 200 million he’s the best defensive center in basketball

True, but its not just Gobert, its any taller defender. Ive seen it against Boban, whiteside, etc. he just trys to go over the top and thats just not going to happen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be happy with a split of these games.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would prefer Ayton didn’t try to beat Rudy near the rim. He should be stretching the floor, popping off PnR, and forcing him to guard the perimeter. Make Rudy play on our terms. He wants to stay in the paint. Even if Ayton “succeeds” by taking it to Rudy, the team fails because well Rudy is so much less effective as a team defender the further he gets pulled from the rim. Houston and GS in the playoffs absolutely neutered Rudy by making him stand out at the 3pt line all game. Also it makes him more likely to get in foul trouble.

true. Ayton has the range to step out for sure. He should also take him off the dribble from there but he wont.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It seemed like our conditioning was not as much an impact as our shots seemed off by the altitude.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
true. Ayton has the range to step out for sure. He should also take him off the dribble from there but he wont.

I would prefer to get Rudy switched on to a guard/wing, but I’m going to predict if DA takes multiple 3pa we win.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would prefer to get Rudy switched on to a guard/wing, but I’m going to predict if DA takes multiple 3pa we win.
I think if he runs and rebounds on the offensive boards like he did last game, that will really open things up for us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard